Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-31-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
If you bought a car from a dealership and a part was broken and the check engine light came on during your drive home, do you expect the dealership to buy the car back from you? Especially after you take the action apart and put it back together. How do they know it was like that on delivery. It is disappointing that you received a rifle that wasn't quality. But firearms dealers wont be taking guns out and doing a full check on every firearm they sell. Im sure next time, you can ask them to have their gunsmith do a checkover and pay the gunsmith for his time. Again, unfortunate that you received a product that was less than perfect, but it happens sometimes. The dealer is just a middleman in this situation. If they try and help you remedy it i think that is all one should expect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikka250 View Post
So let me get this straight. You created an account to revive a thread from 2012 just so you could bash a very reputable Canadian business? If it was a brand new Cooper I can understand the issues but these are surplus guns so fixing it is not going to change it's status in any way unless it was listed as brand new in the box. I personally think you are over reacting and that maybe you will get this problem resolved a lot faster if you stop yelling at them.
First of all I did not notice that the post was from 2012. Secondly, yes you are correct - I am new on that forum and do not see whats the issue with that (seems like you already done some research on my account). Third, I am not trying to "bash" any "reputable" sellers - I am sharing my problem with them, and it was nice to hear your opinion even despite that fact that you took it too personal like you are working for them. And finally, who told you I was yelling on them? The situation was opposite which is my other issue with them.
I am glad that you have that fantastic history with them but it does not mean that all the cases are the same.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:23 PM

Default Only one concern

I have bought 4 rifles and 5 shotguns, Parts and reloading components from Trade ex and have had highly satisfactory service on all except for one. I was a 12 ga sxs Belgian, for about $300. When I received it and checked it out I found it had 2 1/2" chambers, which was not mentioned in their ad. I called them up to let them know of what I had found, their response was most of their shotguns with a rounded pistol grip were 2 1/2" , as if I should have known this. All of their 2 1/2" sxs's were selling in the $200 range. I expected at least the offer of a $80 credit towards my next purchase or something . But no offer or apology, so I just chalked it up to experience. I still deal with Trade ex but know they are not perfect. But that's only 1 out of a dozen dealings.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:34 PM

I bought a lefty m70 Zastava off of them. Transaction went smooth, and they answered my questions promptly. No complaints.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:49 PM

Last fall I bought a Browning Auto5 from them. Beautiful condition, 1970 Belgan light "G" series. Couldn't be happier with the product or service.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:40 PM

Nothing really fishy with the guys post IMO... Technically, the TNW M31 is “kind of” a new gun, as it has a new made receiver.... and I can understand his frustration as TNW products can be a crap shoot sometimes..

Also, didn’t look at the post date, and realize this was a necrothread.
My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Desert_Faux". These posts are for informational and entertainment use only. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:49 AM

Thumbs up Final Resolution

Hey Guys just posting the update. Had a chance to speak with the owner. They will replace the rifle as they did not even find the way to fix the defective one. They apologies for the inconvenience and promised to send the replacement during the day which was the most preferable solution for me. I had a little bit of confusion in the middle of the way but completely satisfied with the final result. Thank you to the owner of Trade Ex Canada - Anthony for his support in my dispute with his employee. Strongly believe I will have more luck on my next order from them.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:43 AM

Great to hear!

Anthony is one of the most stand up guys I’ve ever dealt with in the shooting industry. Glad it all worked out.
My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Desert_Faux". These posts are for informational and entertainment use only. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.