Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-23-2016, 04:47 PM

Default How broken is the RCMP.....

and is it worth saving or should we just scrap it and start over. Seems like a lot of internal problems, a culture that needs fixing?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/paul...ment-1.3460201

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-23-2016, 04:52 PM

Over the last couple of decades, the RCMP has pretty much self destructed. The sad part is, they don't seem to care, and nether does our government.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:06 PM

Who polices the police.....? Anyway, I think the provincial model is a better direction, pare the RCMP way the hell back, let them deal with more international (terrorist/intelligence/training) roles...and raise up provincial police, something fresh, with rigorous standards for conduct and integrity.

Dream on......

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-23-2016, 05:11 PM

They've become a cliche. They and their red coats should be relegated to Disney movies.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:11 PM

what a pile of shyte. Bob Paulson himself is a bully, when his daughters were teenagers and dating, Bob would answer the door when the boys were picking up his girls for a date. nothing unusual here, every father wants to get an idea of who is getting friendly with his little girl. the difference here is that Paulson would be wearing a gun in a shoulder holster when he opened the door to let the poor guy in. any other person in this country would be jailed and all of their firearms confiscated if they pulled this kind of stunt, but Bob laughed about it while being interviewed on some lefty network. as chief RCMP commissioner, he gets the final say on what type of firearms are nice or evil. Bob can suck the snot out of my willy.

https://www.facebook.com/NFACANADA/p...52227710540211
Old 02-23-2016, 05:27 PM
Banned

Default Days of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
and is it worth saving or should we just scrap it and start over. Seems like a lot of internal problems, a culture that needs fixing?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/paul...ment-1.3460201
Great arrest scene. Don't know why that comes to mind.

Personally I think alberta should be policed by deputized members of the metal mulisha.

Last edited by NewAlbertan; 02-23-2016 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Public education is a unionized mob that fails students in simple task such as spelling
Old 02-23-2016, 05:29 PM

They need to be disbanded. They used to be an organization that Canadians could be proud of, but now they've become a disgrace. And before anyone calls me a cop hater, I have family serving in the RCMP. They've lost the respect of Canadians by being unaccountable to anyone.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Who polices the police.....? Anyway, I think the provincial model is a better direction, pare the RCMP way the hell back, let them deal with more international (terrorist/intelligence/training) roles...and raise up provincial police, something fresh, with rigorous standards for conduct and integrity.

Dream on......
Yes , the RCMP was never designed to Police Large Urban and Municipal Jurisdictions . They were your small town Policing Agency and did it well until a few years ago . It's tough to have your Master in Ottawa and Police across Canada effectively . It's time to bite the bullet(Cost wise ) and create a Provincial Policing Agency or for the RCMP to turn control over to the Province of Alberta . However the RCMP must ensure total Command is in the Hands of the Commanding Officer here in K Division , without Ottawas influence. We have seen some downloading of duties such as the Alberta Traffic Sheriffs now handling a large share of the Traffic Enforcement in the Province . The escalation of Policing Costs across Canada however is another issue that will have to dealt with. It would be interesting to see if Albertans now have an appetite to replace RCMP .
Old 02-23-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
They need to be disbanded. They used to be an organization that Canadians could be proud of, but now they've become a disgrace. And before anyone calls me a cop hater, I have family serving in the RCMP. They've lost the respect of Canadians by being unaccountable to anyone.
x2. Go Provincial, the good members on the RCMP force, and there are some. Will get picked by Provincial forces , those that aren't up to snuff wont. The head boys down east need to go as well
Old 02-23-2016, 06:27 PM

The less alberta has to do with Ottawa the better.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsik View Post
what a pile of shyte. Bob Paulson himself is a bully, when his daughters were teenagers and dating, Bob would answer the door when the boys were picking up his girls for a date. nothing unusual here, every father wants to get an idea of who is getting friendly with his little girl. the difference here is that Paulson would be wearing a gun in a shoulder holster when he opened the door to let the poor guy in. any other person in this country would be jailed and all of their firearms confiscated if they pulled this kind of stunt, but Bob laughed about it while being interviewed on some lefty network. as chief RCMP commissioner, he gets the final say on what type of firearms are nice or evil. Bob can suck the snot out of my willy.

https://www.facebook.com/NFACANADA/p...52227710540211
Lol, tell us what you really think

Provincial police force would work for me, let's just waiting about 3 years, orange uniforms just don't look good.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Farmer View Post
Lol, tell us what you really think

Provincial police force would work for me, let's just waiting about 3 years, orange uniforms just don't look good.
Orange maybe the "new" black..hopefully not designed by Hugo Boss
Old 02-23-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLeahy View Post
Orange maybe the "new" black..hopefully not designed by Hugo Boss
Hahaha indeed
Old 02-23-2016, 08:41 PM

I wonder how the class-action lawsuit against them is going, clearly we'll never know the size of the payout but I wonder..........
Old 02-23-2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
I wonder how the class-action lawsuit against them is going, clearly we'll never know the size of the payout but I wonder..........
Since the RCMP believe that they are untouchable, I seriouly doubt that there will be a settlement.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Since the RCMP believe that they are untouchable, I seriouly doubt that there will be a settlement.
IIRC, it's a lot of women from almost every province & territory, my thoughts are a pretty strong legal team are on this to pull everyone together. I guess no settlement but better working conditions would be a wash. My concern would be 'no settlement, conditions even worse'
Old 02-23-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
IIRC, it's a lot of women from almost every province & territory, my thoughts are a pretty strong legal team are on this to pull everyone together. I guess no settlement but better working conditions would be a wash. My concern would be 'no settlement, conditions even worse'
A settlement would be seen as an admission of guilt, and the RCMP will not admit guilt. And given how spineless our government is where the RCMP is concerned, nobody will be held accountable.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:20 PM
Banned

Default post#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoat01 View Post
Yes , the RCMP was never designed to Police Large Urban and Municipal Jurisdictions . They were your small town Policing Agency and did it well until a few years ago . It's tough to have your Master in Ottawa and Police across Canada effectively . It's time to bite the bullet(Cost wise ) and create a Provincial Policing Agency or for the RCMP to turn control over to the Province of Alberta . However the RCMP must ensure total Command is in the Hands of the Commanding Officer here in K Division , without Ottawas influence. We have seen some downloading of duties such as the Alberta Traffic Sheriffs now handling a large share of the Traffic Enforcement in the Province . The escalation of Policing Costs across Canada however is another issue that will have to dealt with. It would be interesting to see if Albertans now have an appetite to replace RCMP .

This post makes sense.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:38 PM
Banned

It does seem that things are getting out of control from all the attention they get these days. I hate to paint them all with the same brush and I always try and look at the individual rather than the force, most recently I was rather disturbed from watching the video from Toronto where the cops shot that kid on the bus. I think it was poorly handled by all the rcmp members involved. Toronto seems to be where I hear the most attention from. I've heard several different rumours about the Calgary rcmp members being crooked. The cop that got caught with a big bag of bud and the prohibited firearms in leduc was another. A licence to use deadly force these days seems to be a shoot first and don't ask questions later policy the way they handle things so yes, I guess it goes right to the top the way I see it. I really don't blame anyone for not wanting to be a police officer these days and why they are under staffed is no mystery. Respect level is very low for me because of comments made in an unprofessional manor, other than that I haven't got much else bad to say other than I remember looking up to them as a child. I don't think they are allowed to portray them selves as heroes to children anymore.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:40 AM

Yes, they need an overhaul. The superiority complex is rampant within the organization... we are just peons.... that are either sheep or criminals in their mind.

No Oversight is a terrible thing. RCMP can almost get away with public execution, and then be on administrative leave.

Up until 5 years ago, I could not, and would not believe most negative stories about the RCMP...

Than I had my own experience with them, and it opened my eyes to the RCMP Lies...
Old 02-24-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post
Yes, they need an overhaul. The superiority complex is rampant within the organization... we are just peons.... that are either sheep or criminals in their mind.

No Oversight is a terrible thing. RCMP can almost get away with public execution, and then be on administrative leave.

Up until 5 years ago, I could not, and would not believe most negative stories about the RCMP...

Than I had my own experience with them, and it opened my eyes to the RCMP Lies...
Can you share that experience ?
Old 02-24-2016, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
It does seem that things are getting out of control from all the attention they get these days. I hate to paint them all with the same brush and I always try and look at the individual rather than the force, most recently I was rather disturbed from watching the video from Toronto where the cops shot that kid on the bus. I think it was poorly handled by all the rcmp members involved. Toronto seems to be where I hear the most attention from. I've heard several different rumours about the Calgary rcmp members being crooked. The cop that got caught with a big bag of bud and the prohibited firearms in leduc was another. A licence to use deadly force these days seems to be a shoot first and don't ask questions later policy the way they handle things so yes, I guess it goes right to the top the way I see it. I really don't blame anyone for not wanting to be a police officer these days and why they are under staffed is no mystery. Respect level is very low for me because of comments made in an unprofessional manor, other than that I haven't got much else bad to say other than I remember looking up to them as a child. I don't think they are allowed to portray them selves as heroes to children anymore.
That actually wasn't the rcmp - it was the Toronto police service.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:20 AM

Is it the RCMP and police forces in general or the public's recent (10-20 year) lack of respect for law and order? Answer honestly, how many of you didn't break the law on the way to work today, you know, speeding, driving on the shoulder on the on ramp, rolling through a stop sign, speeding up to beat a red light?? And that's just traffic laws, never mind anything else. Maybe the problem isn't the police forces, but rather your sense of entitlement and false expectations? Maybe it's time to grow up, start acting as mature citizens and obey the law? Ever stop to think you may be the problem, not the solution?
Old 02-24-2016, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Is it the RCMP and police forces in general or the public's recent (10-20 year) lack of respect for law and order? Answer honestly, how many of you didn't break the law on the way to work today, you know, speeding, driving on the shoulder on the on ramp, rolling through a stop sign, speeding up to beat a red light?? And that's just traffic laws, never mind anything else. Maybe the problem isn't the police forces, but rather your sense of entitlement and false expectations? Maybe it's time to grow up, start acting as mature citizens and obey the law? Ever stop to think you may be the problem, not the solution?
People were doing those traffic violations 30 years ago too. That hasn't changed. Something else did.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
People were doing those traffic violations 30 years ago too. That hasn't changed. Something else did.

Sure did, but there not enough room on this forum to discuss all the things that have changed/gone wrong in society.

Yes, 30 years ago people, mostly kids, where speeding. One of the problems though is that in times gone by those kids grew up and acted mature. Those kids that were speeding 30 years ago never grew up, for the most part, and are still speeding and maintained their sense of entitlement.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:41 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Exactly.

Every work force has its issues.

The larger the work force the more the issues arise from it.

Sit back and take a look at your work force, as mentioned above take a long hard look in the mirror...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-24-2016, 07:54 AM

Personally in this day and age like above I would say it's society that is broken. how many police not just RCMP have been shot and or killed while on duty in the last 5 years, compare that to 20 years ago. I'm sure the RCMP do have issues but are they broken no. For the most part they're doing a job that id never want and for that I thank them.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:42 AM

The Ontario Provincial Police and their Quebec counterparts must have similar #s of members, but you don't hear about the same sort of internal problems like the RCMP have.... constant harassment complaints, events like High River, Vancouver Airport, Monte the dick who gets paid after killing not one but two people, etc., etc. ETC. The RCMP is broken, and it's too late to repair the damage to their reputation and respect they will never earn back.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Exactly.

Every work force has its issues.

The larger the work force the more the issues arise from it.

Sit back and take a look at your work force, as mentioned above take a long hard look in the mirror...
Not the same. The police carry weapons. How many other work forces are allowed that? Very few.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
So how do you explain rhe High River fiasco ? According to the inquiry the RCMP did not obey the laws.