Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2016, 10:19 AM

Default One of those moments you dread

Came home to see this last night after work. Guess I know where I am going today. No clue how he did it or how bad it is, expecting to hear an answer I won't like though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tuck's hurtin' 001.jpg (38.0 KB, 884 views)
Old 02-21-2016, 10:22 AM

Hope it all works out Dave, poor guy.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:04 PM

Hope he gets better, mine limped really bad (my daughter tried to heal him with some cheese and compassion), but I couldn't find where it hurts and then noticed that he didn't limp while chasing my cat.
He got back to normal in 2 days. It was quite a scare with a dog who had a parvo and intestine blockage, and never complained to anything before, but sometimes it's just a scare. Play it safe though if you have a concerns.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:46 PM

Hope your friend is ok and nothing to serious. I try to keep ours of of the ice when walking and playing. She has slipped a time or two with out any negative effects.

Let us know how things work out.

BW
Old 02-22-2016, 09:21 AM

Hopefully it isn't anything too serious or anything that requires surgery. Best of luck.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:56 AM

See how this goes I guess, nothing broken, nothing cracked, soft tissue of some type. This AM he is putting some weight back on it, isn't hanging it, so far.. Had a dose of Metacam last nite to knock down any inflammation, seems to have helped for this AM. He seemed pretty willing to not move around much yesterday. Still pretty lazy today. Wait and see what it looks like at the end of the week. Hopefully, it is just a sprain of some form, not something that will haunt him.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
See how this goes I guess, nothing broken, nothing cracked, soft tissue of some type. This AM he is putting some weight back on it, isn't hanging it, so far.. Had a dose of Metacam last nite to knock down any inflammation, seems to have helped for this AM. He seemed pretty willing to not move around much yesterday. Still pretty lazy today. Wait and see what it looks like at the end of the week. Hopefully, it is just a sprain of some form, not something that will haunt him.
Fingers crossed for a speedy and complete recovery.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Came home to see this last night after work. Guess I know where I am going today. No clue how he did it or how bad it is, expecting to hear an answer I won't like though.
I wouldn't worry until you get the prognosis after a few more days, (I know, easier said than done). We had a Border Collie that was quite lethargic once which was way out of his character. Took him to the vet for blood work and X-Rays and found out he was constipated. $300.00 dollars went to the vet and Safeway got $2.99 for a can of pumpkin. He was up and at er the next day right after dropped a fence post on the the neighbors lawn. Hopefully its just some muscle strain.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Sounds like pretty good news, hopefully Tucker is back to his old self sooner rather than later.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:38 PM
Banned

our dog has learned to respond to questions in a really funny way.

if we say "awe, are you ok?" she cuddles up and starts to shake. she's such a big faker and a cry baby. she doesn't fool me because she goes right outside and jumps and plays with the other dog. then she'll come back inside covered in slobber and try to play the exact same card.