Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-05-2008, 03:21 PM

Default Primos buck roar- grunt & weeze

just went to canadian tire and purchased a primos buck roar grunt&weeze has anyone use this call and is it worth the money? does it work in the deer woods? any input would be appreciated.

If you miss it dont matter its hunting for a reason and not shopping.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:46 PM

Used it the last two weekends. Very impressed. The grunt is quite loud and would probably hold off using it for another month, but the wheeze superseeded all expectations. At first I thought it was a gimmick, but It works beautifully. Sounds great and copies the WT perfect. Got into two "wheezing matches" with large does on two occasions. I keep it strapped to my arm when stalking.

my 2 cents.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:29 PM

Used it last fall with great success.. It worked well for me and the grunt is loud and deep, but the "wheez" worked awesome..
Old 10-06-2008, 02:02 PM

Default wheezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtar View Post
Used it the last two weekends. Very impressed. The grunt is quite loud and would probably hold off using it for another month, but the wheeze superseeded all expectations. At first I thought it was a gimmick, but It works beautifully. Sounds great and copies the WT perfect. Got into two "wheezing matches" with large does on two occasions. I keep it strapped to my arm when stalking.

my 2 cents.

I thought that WT's wheezed to warn other WT of danger...wouldn't that be a counter-productive call? Sorry for the hijack...
Old 10-06-2008, 04:44 PM

Actually, I am curious as well. What is a "grunt-wheeze" supposedly saying to other deer. Greeting,challenge or frisky????

Last edited by Chevy 454; 10-06-2008 at 04:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-06-2008, 05:21 PM

I used it last year with alot of sucess I drug in at least half dozen really nice deer. I found that if I grunted and then weezed it seemed to agrivate the bucks. I believe the bucks use it to show that there are mad as opposed to does which seem to use it more as an alert mechanisim although I have had does weeze at me when they are mad as well. Last year I used it with another grunt that is not as deep toned and had a decent buck so confused under my stand as he thought there should have been a good fight about to happen. I wouldnt go to hard on the heavy grunt for a couple of weeks yet but I have been seeing a few quite grunts starting to get the bucks attention.