Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-25-2009, 10:24 AM

Smile Looking to learn.

Hey guys, I am looking for someone to go hunting with who knows more about birds than the guys I have went with who think you can sneak up on a goose. I live in Medicine Hat so I am looking for someone with in 1-1.5h driving range if possible. I have a couple of labs that love to swim and been doing some birds but like to do alot more. So if your around my area and would like someone to hunt all kinds of birds drop me a line. I don't have any decoys anymore because I'm not sure what I need so before I go out and buy a stack, I would like to go out see what works and what to spend my money on. I can hunt everyday after 430pm and weekends are open. Not real new to the hunt but would like to learn alot more ways to be successful.
Ps: can't wait to get out for deer to!

Last edited by 300WIZM; 10-25-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:11 PM

Default green as they come

well im jsut starting to get into hunting, the only hunting ive done is when i was 8 and tagged along with a uncle.
im just looking to learn the ropes. if anyone wants some company on a hunt i would gladly tag along for any big game species. i have no rifle, no camo, i have absolutely nothing (i will be purchasing all the gear around christmas)
if anyone wants a tag along and willing put up with a newbie like myself i would love to tag along on some weekend day hunts to get some experience in the feild.
i reside in calgary and travel is not a problem.
pm me if interested
Old 11-01-2009, 09:21 PM

Default Goose

I'm looking for a goose hunting partner that who doesn't mind teaching a little. I'm new to goose hunting this year, but I'm motivated and I'll drive wherever. PM me if you're interested.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:22 PM

Default Goose

Forgot to mention I'm in Edmonton.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:25 PM

Default Short Notice

Going out friday NOV 6 could use another partner since I dont like to hunt by myself, and my regular partner bailed on me for the friday and the rest of the weekend as well if anyone wants I will drive .. PM me...I'm in Calgary and hunting in water valley area.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:34 PM

What WMU is that? What time are you heading out? What specifically are you after?
Old 11-06-2009, 12:03 AM

i,m free all weekend and can go haven,t hunted since 1990 if your willing to show me the ropes got all the gear still i can even supply the atvs if ya wanny use them.both have gun racks.tks paul 620 7948
Old 11-06-2009, 01:22 PM

Default Looking for whitetail...

My normal hunting buddie bailed on me for this weekend. So, I have some tags to fill. I'm not picky about my deer but the more meat the better of course. I am in the process of buying my first home and things are tight so if I can find some meat I will be happy.

I dont mind driving or chipping in for gas. This is my first year hunting so I dont know too many areas so I'm hoping someone can show me the way. I'm a good shot and I dont mind pushing bush as long as I get some shots in as well. Open to truck hunting, sitting, pushing, whatever you do. Might need some some instruction on field dressing but I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing.

Looking to go out all day Sunday. I am located in St. Albert (North side of Edmonton)

PM if interested.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:02 PM

Default WMU 402/404 Hunting Partner?

Have hunted 404 the last few years, and started hunting 402 this year as well. Does anyone have some experience in either of these WMUs and want to head out for the last month of hunting? I am hoping to get a late season elk if possible. Send me an email or PM if you are interested.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:28 PM

I'm in Edmonton and off work for the next 10 days. Looking for someone to hunt with. I have a truck but no quad, white tail and general mule tags. No place specific in mind. Hunted north of calgary for the first time this year in 350 for a week and was unsucsessful. PM me or give me a call. 780 914 5751
Old 11-11-2009, 08:23 AM

I live in taber. Just trying to get started into bird hunting any kind.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:30 AM

darn if i had a quad my friend i could take you out in to all of those areas and get you some thing good
Old 11-11-2009, 08:33 AM

hey if you travl to picture butte ill go bird hunting with you ( ducks but if you have goose decoys can get lots of geese too) i got duck decoys gun dog an calls and know of a few really good areas right close
Old 11-11-2009, 08:38 AM

sorry the only goose deks i have are the tire ones i tried to make. hard worrk and first 2 hunts didn gos so well.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:55 AM

Default anterless moose

I was drawn for anterless moose in 166. I'm looking to go hunting next Saturday November 21 and possibly the 28th as well. I have permission on a ton of land and have been to 166 for a couple of days already(2nd & 3rd). My partner had a couple of great chances up close but unfortunately wasn't able to connect. He's done for the season so I need some help.

The plan is to head up early morning (3:30am from Calgary) and sit for a bit. After that it's pushing bush until we see something and stay until last shot if need be.

I've been hunting for 8 years and if a newbie wants to join me that's fine. Gun safety for me is the most important thing. I don't have a quad but I do have a game cart and for the most part getting the truck close shouldn't be a problem. Send me a PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygjf View Post
Forgot to mention I'm in Edmonton.
You doing any big game hunting ?
Old 11-14-2009, 10:30 AM

Looking for someone who wants to get a Sunday hunt in , getting kinda boring hunting alone . Someone in the Edmonton , Ft sask , Sherwood park area . Hunting stands are about 3/4 of an hour from Home ( FT SASK ) Let me know 668 0288 .
Old 11-15-2009, 03:53 PM

Default Hunting partner

Looking for a partner or two or three from the north country to hunt moose, elk, deer, (you name it), I'd rather hunt than eat. The beer or two by the campfire at days end is getting boring by myself. I'm off till Dec. 3rd and will bring quad, stands, blinds etc. up from the Hat. 403-504-2361
Old 11-16-2009, 11:49 PM

Hey BBJ, PM sent
Old 11-17-2009, 01:32 AM

Hey Bowser. I am looking for a bull elk around Suffield. I am drawn for the last season starting Today! If you know any local insider info on when and where the bulls leave the block, I would love the advice. If the elk activity increases, I will likely drag my hunting trailer up to the Buffalo campground, and spend some time looking for a monster bull! You will have to stop in for a cold one or three.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:28 PM

I do hear from others there is a swack of them in there, in the thousands, and have seen some cows on the fringes by the Trans Can. but my knowledge ends there. Would love to help and if I had got your post earlier I could have done some diggin for you. Good luck in there, and the beer thing is a deal. Bowser
Old 11-17-2009, 04:20 PM

Here are pics from last year reportably taken by a MP in the block. Maybe a Christmas donation to the MP fund might get you pointed in the right direction, Good Luck once again.

And this my favourite one, mmmm Muley !

Last edited by Bowser; 11-17-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: to add pictures
Old 11-20-2009, 11:01 PM

I'll be huntin around Lloyd next week if anyone is lookin for a mentor or partner pm me if interested. My sons may be taggin along.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:22 AM

Looking for a partner to go with within 2 hours of Edmonton, going for whitetail. I'm a rookie, and I'm looking to get as much experience as I can. Let me know.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:25 PM

Awesome pics Bowser. I saw what appeared to be the identical herd of 9 bulls last week Tuesday around 9:30 AM about 500 yds inside the base. Are you sure these Elk pictures are not from this year?
I will let u know once we drag the trailer up to the Buffalo campground. Likely will be somewhere between Dec. 6th and the 14th, or somewhere there abouts, depending on work, weather, wife, hunting partner. You know..... all the usual suspects........ Hope you like BUD LIGHT!
Old 12-02-2009, 12:34 PM

Hi All

I am looking for a partner to go hunting with in WMU 232. I can drive - just not sure where to go as I have never been out that way before

Thanks
Old 12-02-2009, 04:50 PM

Hello,

I'm new to hunting, just getting all my licenses. I am looking for people who are into hunting hare/rabbits with Beagles. I have two new beagle pups and I want to start training them while I wait on my PAL to arrive. I live in Edmonton, but would drive to surrounding areas for help/puppy training/hunting for hare.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:46 PM

There's a member here called NS Beagler. I'm sure he can help you out.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:23 PM

This is my first season hunting anything other than gophers lol! I have gone out a few times so far and my fiance took a muley buck but I have yet to use my muley general tag or whitetail tag. Any tips on areas I could check out? I'm in south calgary but definitely willing to travel...
Old 12-05-2009, 08:57 PM

There are only a few spots left open for the tags you have and they're all along the Sask. border. I would recommend reading the regulations carefully and getting a landowners map if you do head out.