Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-17-2018, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassett View Post
Wire in a kill switch on your truck, cheap and easy to do. Will help save it.
^^^ This, or an aftermarket alarm with starter kill. Can get one installed for often less than a deductible would cost you. Why wouldn't you?

Especially if you are driving one of the most stolen vehicles out there, locking your doors just dosent cut it. A lot of people need to be MUCH more proactive

Or as someone else mentioned, a security gate, They cant steal it if they can't get in.

Glad to hear they caught the scumbags this time
Old 01-18-2018, 07:06 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
haha yep, you made me LOL

slight derail- you just made me think of this.......
I was picking up donations today for our upcoming annual fundraiser for the Fire Department, and I wrote up the panel for his offering;

Thanks going out to ********** for their generous donation of a very nice pair of Tickets for March 1, 2018 Edmonton where you can watch Nashville beat the Oilers.

Oilers have a tuff guy to put in your garage

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-18-2018, 08:42 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
Well fortunately my close neighbors are of the same mind as we are, and our efforts have resulted in 4 thieves, 2 scum bags in 2 separate incidents being caught by the police for crimes committed not just in our area but the town close by. In both those incidents the cops arrived no less than 3 hours from time of call. In both instances firearms were used as a means of protecting ourselves. In both cases the RCMP said the use of firearms was the best thing we could have done. In neither incident was a shot fired by us. One incident resulted in the RCMP firing shots at the perps while apprehending them. In all 4 cases the scum bags pled out for lesser sentences and two of the guys had priors for violence. I was present in court for each scum bag. Hiding under the covers has never been my thing. Neither is bending over.
X2 Hiding under the covers has never been my thing. Neither is bending over and just let things happen if i am going to be the victim i will used anything necessary for protecting my family myself or my property!. And im ok with saying i've dealt with issues and i sleep good every night and so we all should being a victim of scum is not in my vocabulary.

Last edited by 243 wild cat; 01-18-2018 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 wild cat View Post
X2 Hiding under the covers has never been my thing. Neither is bending over and just let things happen if i am going to be the victim i will used anything necessary for protecting my family myself or my property!.
Darn rights!!, items come to hard to just let them be stolen without doing something.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
People always say my stuff isn't worth someone's life......i work hard for everything I have( which isn't much) life is expensive and living on a single income with kids doesn't leave tons of extra money just laying around. Our government, both federal and provincial have made things even tighter on the budget with all the changes in taxes. I'm supposed to just suck it up and shell out more money for"security" and "deterrents" just to hold onto things that I have already spent my hard saved penny's for, on top of that if and when MY stuff does get stolen i get to cough out for deductibles and higher premiums just to replace the stuff I ALREADY saved for once. I agree my stuff isn't worth a life but, if you value your life keep your hands off my stuff. otherwise you better hope I don't catch you.
ALL of these guys have made a conscious choice at some point that puts them in this position wether they are pro criminals or just meth heads trying to score.
Our justice system clearly doesn't work to protect honest folks and blaming the cops is not fair ( the ones i know personally are as upset with the way it works as i am) in our area our rural neighbours have banded together to keep watch over each others places. we have caught more than a few scum bags and so far the courts have released all of them.
I sure wish we had castle law here....and for those who say stuff is not worth a life.....if you value your life soooo much keep your grubby mitts OFF MY STUFF. that's your choice...otherwise it's not I that puts a value on your life but you.
You get my vote for Minister of Justice.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
People always say my stuff isn't worth someone's life......i work hard for everything I have( which isn't much) life is expensive and living on a single income with kids doesn't leave tons of extra money just laying around. Our government, both federal and provincial have made things even tighter on the budget with all the changes in taxes. I'm supposed to just suck it up and shell out more money for"security" and "deterrents" just to hold onto things that I have already spent my hard saved penny's for, on top of that if and when MY stuff does get stolen i get to cough out for deductibles and higher premiums just to replace the stuff I ALREADY saved for once. I agree my stuff isn't worth a life but, if you value your life keep your hands off my stuff. otherwise you better hope I don't catch you.
ALL of these guys have made a conscious choice at some point that puts them in this position wether they are pro criminals or just meth heads trying to score.
Our justice system clearly doesn't work to protect honest folks and blaming the cops is not fair ( the ones i know personally are as upset with the way it works as i am) in our area our rural neighbours have banded together to keep watch over each others places. we have caught more than a few scum bags and so far the courts have released all of them.
I sure wish we had castle law here....and for those who say stuff is not worth a life.....if you value your life soooo much keep your grubby mitts OFF MY STUFF. that's your choice...otherwise it's not I that puts a value on your life but you.
Well said, I agree 100%.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
These thieves love your type, FYI. You just bend over and take it.
Nah, I'm just a guy who has insurance. I wouldn't lift a finger. I'll just get new stuff. But you on the other hand, can't afford to lose a few rags.

To each his own
Old 01-18-2018, 11:15 AM

The trolls are full, it is starting to stink in here. Trouble is they gas off then just come looking to get fed again.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-18-2018, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs123 View Post
Nah, I'm just a guy who has insurance. I wouldn't lift a finger. I'll just get new stuff. But you on the other hand, can't afford to lose a few rags.

To each his own
I'm assuming you carry fire insurance on your home right?

New stuff? Lol
Old 01-18-2018, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:

To each his own
I guess you don't have things that can't be replaced?
Old 01-19-2018, 03:18 AM

Quote:

To each his own
You must be made of money. " hey everyone come steal my stuff it's ok I have insurance..............ill just replace it so you can come steal it again............i don't mind..........."

I wish I had your disposable income so I could care less if someone stole my truck or quad or tv or........
Old 01-19-2018, 05:41 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Talking

Deep voice now...all together.....Rollin'....Rollin'....Rollin'....keep this thread a Rollin'....it's Friday.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...