Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2009, 12:41 PM

Default bears with a bow !!!

Went out saturday eve. looking to find some sign of elk. Walking a small trail on our property near the neighbors feild where he still has his oats standing. I was being very quiet, and snuck over a small hill to find myself looking straight at a 5 ft bear at 40 yrds. He was also looking straight back at me ! I didn't have a shot, but waited patiently, he moved off into the bush a little so i tried to close the gap a little. He reappeared about 30 yrds and broadside, perfect. I sent an arrow, misjudged the distance, right under his belly. But the new bowtech guardian is so quiet that he just stopped and looked around, no panic. Readjusted and nailed him. The arrow sunk up to the fletching and i could still see the lumenoc, i think i love those things! He jumped and let out a bawl/ cry! That caused an unseen and nearby bear to jump into and start climbing a tree! at only 20 yrds and right beside me,another 5 ft bear ! perfect, another arrow, and i had two bears in about 3 minutes. What an adrenaline rush ! The first one went about 40-50 yrds and the other about 100 yrds. As it was getting dark and i had two dead and possibly more around, i only retrevied the first bear that eve. To my dismay, the second one was half eaten when i went back the next morning!

I will try the whole picture thing soon, but we did enjoy some very tasty bear backstrap steaks !!!