Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2007, 01:21 AM

Well thanks guys. I currently shoot a 22-250 Encore single shot 26 heavey barrel, a 6-24 Mil-dot Bushnell is what I have for a scope. I shoot 45 gr JHP from Winchester.
I have been shooting this set up for about 3 years now. I am deadly within 300yrds and after a lot of figuring out I can consistantly hit a 1 L pop bottle out at 400yrds. So maybe a 6" group, prone with a harris. I am sure there are better shooters here, but this is what I am delt with, and thus my ability.
The reason I am looking for a new gun, is this...My hunting partner Katts69 and I fill our weekends calling yoties. He is the better caller , so when he gets them doggs commin, they all come. Usually 2 or three at a time. As I said previous...I have a single shot, and this offers me but a single shot under Most circumstances. So I am looking into a bolt action, of some sorts. Since I already have a 22-250, I have been looking into something different, and that is LEGAL for deer and Antelope.
I picked up a box of 55 gr shells in a 243, and compared it to a 22-250...I was shocked to see that this manufacturer of the 243 offers better balistics than the 22-250.
I have heard great things about the 25-06, but had wanted your opinion on prefrance.

I do not plan to shoot over 300yrds on a deer or antelope, but I am not afraid to fling lead down range at a dogg.
Another question if I may...

what are your thoughts on a 6mm. performance and reliability being concidered?

Thanks again

ch