Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-10-2024, 08:43 AM

Default Folks need to read this.....

..... what a mess we are making with our kids. And if you make a peep you are homophobic, transphobic or worse. From the National Post. mods it is a subscribers story so if it needs to be removed please do.

The World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) promotes its standards of care (SOC) as a lodestar for the treatment of gender dysphoria. Its devotion to the “affirmation” transition model for gender-confused children, involving rapid introduction to hormones and surgery that allegedly prevent suicide, have long dictated policy in hospitals, health authorities and medical schools, including those in Canada.

Barbara Kay: Leaked files expose the ethical rot behind modern transgender medicine
SUBSCRIBER ONLY

Last week, WPATH was hit by a bombshell: the release of the “WPATH Files,” a collection of leaked internal communications between WPATH members from 2021 to 2024. The files were analyzed by Mia Hughes, a women’s rights activist, and published by investigative journalist Michael Shellenberger’s Environmental Progress.

In her summary of the 250-page report, Hughes states that “WPATH-affiliated health-care providers advocate for the destruction of healthy reproductive systems, the amputation of healthy breasts and the surgical removal of healthy genitals as the first and only line of treatment for minors and mentally ill people with gender dysphoria, eschewing any attempt to reconcile the patient with his or her birth sex.”

This, in spite of repeated admissions by WPATH health care professionals “that their practices are based on improvisation, that children cannot comprehend them and that the consent process is not ethical.” For example, one doctor shown in the WPATH files is revealed to tell colleagues in a video call that “most of the kids are nowhere in any kind of brain space to really, really, really talk about (fertility risks) in a serious way.”

Irish psychotherapist Stella O’Malley of Genspect describes the report as “a clinical medical scandal” of proportions “I don’t think anyone in history has ever seen.” Colin Wright, evolutionary biologist and publisher of the newsletter Reality’s Last Stand, accuses WPATH of conducting “a vast, troubling experiment on mentally distressed children and adults.” Graham Linehan, Irish comedy writer, but for several years now a full-time activist for biological women’s rights, says the report reveals “ethical rot and medical malpractice on an almost unimaginable scale.”

I spoke with Roy Eappen, a Montreal endocrinologist and active member of Do No Harm Medicine, an organization dedicated to “protecting health care from the disastrous consequences of identity politics.” Eappen has published op-eds in the Wall Street Journal and in the Post on the subject. His most recent commentary, “There is no medical consensus on child gender transition,” referenced the many European jurisdictions — the United Kingdom, Norway, Sweden, Finland and France — which have begun “tapping the brakes on youth gender transition.”

Eappen finds the revelations in the WPATH Files very troubling, particularly in light of the organization’s eighth and latest iteration of the standards of care (SOC8). In this version, released 2022, the ethics chapter present in earlier volumes has been removed, while a new chapter encouraging surgical solutions to meet the needs of people who identify as eunuchs has been added.

“It puzzles me why the SOC8 removes age restrictions for medicalizing children,” he told me. “The informed consent issue alone should make these treatments a non-starter.”

He sees evidence in the WPATH Files of a medical society captured by activists with an agenda, and deplores the “massive influence” WPATH has on professional organizations like the American Endocrine Society and the American Academy of Pediatrics. Eappen would like to see “all WPATH’s guidelines re-evaluated, based on new evidence and systematic reviews.”

Increasingly, Canada is looking like an outlier on this file. No reviews have been set in motion to interrogate the WPATH standards. And most Canadian media carry water for gender ideologues. In December 2017, only hours before it was scheduled to air, the CBC cancelled the broadcast of a BBC documentary, “Transgender kids: Who knows best?” in response to activists’ accusations that the documentary was “transphobic” for including arguments that children diagnosed as trans might be suffering from other treatable issues.

Specifically, activists were furious at the documentary’s respectful attention to Dr. Ken Zucker, a world authority on gender dysphoria, and former head of the gender identity clinic at Toronto’s Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. Zucker was, shamefully, fired in 2016 for activism-generated political reasons. In the film, Zucker explains his approach to gender dysphoric children as “developmentally informed therapy,” stating, “It’s an intellectual and clinical mistake to think there is only one single cause that explains all gender dysphoria.” Common sense, but anathema to the gender ideologues.

By an ironic coincidence in timing, on Feb 29, the French-language arm of the CBC, Radio-Canada — which quite often takes a far less politically correct approach to cultural issues than its English-language sister — broadcast its own critical documentary (with subtitles), “Trans express.”

Many of the problems raised in the WPATH Files were interrogated by Radio-Canada: the rapid affirmation of teenagers with known mental health issues, a rush to medical and surgical intervention, a refusal by therapists to consider parents’ concerns. It’s well worth the time of Canadians who have been overwhelmingly exposed to a happy-clappy ideological narrative rather than to sobering epidemiological evidence that cries out for prudence and “developmentally informed therapy.”

The CBC made a mistake in 2017 by caving to the activists. But so did every school board, every political party, every health association and almost every media outlet. “Trans express” notes that there has been no formal review of Quebec protocols for treating children and teens with gender dysphoria. We need an all-Canada review, and pronto. And Zucker should chair it.

National Post

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-10-2024, 09:07 AM

This stuff makes me sick.

There's a video of a kid choosing oreo cookies over thousands in cash.

They can't make these decisions.

If you push this stuff on a kid, he wants to be a girl. The next day, you do some boy activities with him, and he wants to be a boy again.

There was a sad story about a divorced father that had a restraining order put on him because he was trying to stop his ex wife from performing this nonsense on his child.

Teach the kids that they are perfect the way they are. And leave them alone.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2024, 09:13 AM

To think it was not long ago we were debating whether or not routine circumcision was a necessary procedure. Now were are discussing "eunuch" as a gender.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:27 AM

“It puzzles me why the SOC8 removes age restrictions for medicalizing children,” he told me. “The informed consent issue alone should make these treatments a non-starter.”

According to the Liberals, parents have no rights, only responsibilities. One of the responsibilities of parents is to protect children from harm, present and future, because they could make poor decisions.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 03-10-2024, 09:51 AM

Sickening...
Old 03-10-2024, 09:51 AM

The same crowd who told us in the not In the not so distant past that the pre-frontal cortex doesn't mature until the ages of 25-28 (true) & that these young adults should be coddled. Many argued that the age of consent should be changed to 25 rather than (18,19,21) because the prefrontal cortex, which is responsible for functions like reasoning, judgement and impulse control, is underdeveloped.

But today, this same crowd now claims that a 10 year old has the mental capacity to make decisions that has life long implications.

I am of the firm belief this a form of population control in the western world by sterilizing our youth. This "gender" phenom doesn't seem to be happening in underdeveloped countries.
Old 03-10-2024, 10:42 AM

a lady’s interview says how proud she was her seven year old was non-binary how does a kid know what that is, maybe because her Mom told her ? I had to look it up and still don’t know what is
Old 03-10-2024, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
a lady’s interview says how proud she was her seven year old was non-binary how does a kid know what that is, maybe because her Mom told her ? I had to look it up and still don’t know what is
That lady needs to be locked up for child abuse

Old 03-10-2024, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Check out this video! I don't believe any 10 year old came up with this on their own!!

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/10-yea...dent-1.6306097
Old 03-10-2024, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
The same crowd who told us in the not In the not so distant past that the pre-frontal cortex doesn't mature until the ages of 25-28 (true) & that these young adults should be coddled. Many argued that the age of consent should be changed to 25 rather than (18,19,21) because the prefrontal cortex, which is responsible for functions like reasoning, judgement and impulse control, is underdeveloped.

But today, this same crowd now claims that a 10 year old has the mental capacity to make decisions that has life long implications.

I am of the firm belief this a form of population control in the western world by sterilizing our youth. This "gender" phenom doesn't seem to be happening in underdeveloped countries.
This^
Old 03-10-2024, 11:22 AM

Quote:

Bang on!
Old 03-10-2024, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
Check out this video! I don't believe any 10 year old came up with this on their own!!

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/10-yea...dent-1.6306097

They didnt. Kid was coached...just like Greta.

You can teach a chimp to play the piano too.....
Old 03-10-2024, 11:31 AM

That’s pretty much sums it up….
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1104.jpg (20.0 KB, 75 views)
Old 03-10-2024, 01:15 PM

Common sense isnt so common any more.Theres a lot of mentaly ill people working in our most important areas of education and medicine it seems.This a real life Frankenstein story.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 03-10-2024, 01:23 PM

All you can do is take care of your kid and it starts at home. Be open, and honest with your kids. Strong morals. Understand that being a functional family is the most important path in life.

It’s disgusting for sure what is happening and to think it’s healthcare that is helping to lead the charge is disturbing. It will be a self correcting problem.

Do Know Harm, Do No Harm.

Understand who your doctor is. Hopefully not Dr. Jekyll

PCFGA on Facebook
Old 03-10-2024, 02:13 PM

Playing God under a Godless Government.
Old 03-10-2024, 05:01 PM

That is some kind of seriously sick.
Old 03-10-2024, 05:04 PM

What adults choose to do is up to them but just leave kids to be kids
Old 03-10-2024, 05:18 PM

It’s another first world problem, Just too much woke and wackos .
Old 03-10-2024, 05:29 PM

Default Surgery to treat a psychiatric problem?

If this is in fact a psychiatric problem surgery can't be the solution. BTW this is not the first time we have tried this sort of thing. Remember lobotomies. The lesson is "if you don't know what you are doing, surgery is never the answer".

Who gives permission for this stuff anyway?
Old 03-10-2024, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
If this is in fact a psychiatric problem surgery can't be the solution. BTW this is not the first time we have tried this sort of thing. Remember lobotomies. The lesson is "if you don't know what you are doing, surgery is never the answer".

Who gives permission for this stuff anyway?
The mentally unstable parents do

Old 03-11-2024, 09:41 AM

National Post article in this mornings news

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/oth...ne/ar-BB1jDiow

Good call out on the media bias in this

"Increasingly, Canada is looking like an outlier on this file. No reviews have been set in motion to interrogate the WPATH standards. And most Canadian media carry water for gender ideologues. In December 2017, only hours before it was scheduled to air, the CBC cancelled the broadcast of a BBC documentary, “Transgender kids: Who knows best?” in response to activists’ accusations that the documentary was “transphobic” for including arguments that children diagnosed as trans might be suffering from other treatable issues."
Old 03-11-2024, 11:21 AM

Remember when we got involved over in Afghanistan? I recall many stories put out by our media which celebrated our liberation of young Afghan girls from the barabaric practice of genital mutilation.

Two decades on and oh, the irony.
Old 03-14-2024, 07:55 AM

Forced sterilization was performed on the "Feeble minded" and insane people in Alberta for many years and we look back with disgust at the practice. Now they are sterilizing children, what gives them the right or even the idea to commit such a monstrous act?
Old 03-14-2024, 11:06 AM

As someone who has small to medium aged kids, this crap both scares and disgusts me.

Have a look at this interview with a lawyer mother in California who was shockingly able to save her child from the influences of such disgusting mental abuse form the school system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1oh4dsbsb4

For a parent, the road to saving your own child from this crap is both heartbreaking and dangerous when you have to stand up to a system that will vilify and jail a parent for protecting their own child.
Old 03-14-2024, 03:33 PM

Quote:

^^Yup, bang on!^^

Any bets on who from the Liberal party is involved with WPATH and supports this ideology that has spread across this country?

Abandon ship......lol