Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-07-2023, 09:25 PM

Default Another new chrono coming up soon

Looks like Garmin will be getting into chronos, they were testing it out at the GAP grind PRS shoot, let a bunch of people try it out. Thread on Sniper's Hide had a guy from Area419 talking about it, possibly 600US, but, not much more info yet, Garmin was apparently surprised by the orders they got, which is still sort of in the pre-order stage for vendors apparently, no ETA on shipping yet, no official release yet. May see a pre-Xmas release? If Garmin gets it right, appears maybe they did, could be a good unit to take a look at, can be gun mounted also, although that may be an Area 419 accessory, pic or Arca mounts will be avail. No real info on muzzle break or suppressor interference to signal, they said it worked great, but no info what it was mounted on altogether, said no interference from other shots on the line. Blurb on it starts at about the 5 min mark on the vid;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJTZM9qbCzE
Old 10-07-2023, 09:29 PM

That has my interest
Old 10-08-2023, 09:10 AM

Technology is ever improving and will continue to improve, this makes my old chrony look pretty sad ......... but it still works and gives me the information that I need, just slower and I need a pen and paper instead of an I phone and it was $68 instead of $968

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 10-08-2023, 02:18 PM

Kinda strikes me as Garmin, Lowrance, etc are the right kind of companies to get into buildling chronos, they have lots of knowledge on weather units, radars, miniaturization, mfg capabilities as well. Could be it was either the tech wasn't there yet, or they somehow didn't see potential or want to participate in the shooting market, til they saw what Kestrel did with AB, and what their own sales were with the AB products, demand has definitely changed in last 10 yrs on long range stuff and associated accessories.
Be interesting to see how it plays out.
Old 10-08-2023, 09:05 PM

Default Very Cool

Seems like the industry is changing. The Magneto Speed and the Lab Radar were great in there day but technology moves on. Its great for our hobby. I have been using the bullet seeker with great results. Its incredibly convienient to have a chrono runing on every single shot with no effect on accuracy or point of impact.