Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2024, 01:03 PM

Default RV storage at Pine Creek SE Calgary: Anyone having the same issue as me?

Hi
I have had my trailer stored here since 2010. Current owner who runs the place sends an email a month ago that developer is going the condo route and all units need to go and has a temporary location outside of Calgary in Aldersyde about 15-20 min south of current location. Email asks to respond if you are willing to relocate.
I use a few long days and find a new location closer to my home. I inquire about reimbursment of funds as I pay 6 months in advance and am out after only 2 out of the 6.
Crickets
I call and get someone tell me he will deal with this later.
Email yesterday and I hear we are only offering relocation at this time.
WTH
Anyone else in south Calgary dealing with this ? He just pockets our payments and walks?
Old 09-17-2024, 01:10 PM

What does your contract say
Old 09-17-2024, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
What does your contract say
I do not have that in front of me at the moment but this can not be the norm??
Guess I will have to get BBB involved and spread the good word but wanted to see if anyone here is experiencing this #$%^&& .
Old 09-17-2024, 02:12 PM

Since they are getting out of the storage business I doubt BBB, or Google reviews will have much impact. If you paid the bill on your credit card put in a claim with them for non delivery of goods. Other than that, face to face is likely your only option for getting your money back.
Old 09-17-2024, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Since they are getting out of the storage business I doubt BBB, or Google reviews will have much impact. If you paid the bill on your credit card put in a claim with them for non delivery of goods. Other than that, face to face is likely your only option for getting your money back.
Thanks for reply Dean. He is not getting out of the business and is relocating those that want to go, plus an additional 10$ a month 15 min south of the lot. What about those that do not want that travel..... he gets to keep our up front payment???? No way. It is a temp location until he has a permanent home. I know things happen out of ones control and am a reasonable person but this is taking $ from people who paid.
I thought about contacting CC as that is what I have always used but figured that would only be a stop payment type thing.
I will keep on this as I know I can't be the only one dealing with the issue at hand. It may be 200-300 bucks but the principle of the mess is important to me.
Old 09-20-2024, 09:08 AM

Just filed with BBB as I said I would. FYI This guy ripping people off also has a mobile RV business so beware.
Little D's Mobile RV repairs. Name is Darren Edwards
cheers
Old 09-20-2024, 09:15 AM

Contact your CC company. You can get a refund not just a stop payment of further charges. It also registers the bad behaviour and the CC company will shut down access so he can't acceptanyones CCsif he gets enough complaints.
Old 09-20-2024, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Contact your CC company. You can get a refund not just a stop payment of further charges. It also registers the bad behaviour and the CC company will shut down access so he can't acceptanyones CCsif he gets enough complaints.
Will do Dean. Thanks for this again.
Old 09-20-2024, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1 View Post
I do not have that in front of me at the moment but this can not be the norm??
Guess I will have to get BBB involved and spread the good word but wanted to see if anyone here is experiencing this #$%^&& .
Get back to us after you have read your contract, you may in the right but maybe not.
WDF
Old 09-20-2024, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Da Fisherman View Post
Get back to us after you have read your contract, you may in the right but maybe not.
WDF
Fair comment to consult the rental contract, but I would be truly surprised if the terms contemplated a move to another storage location with no option fror the renter to decline. Be very interested to hear if anything like that was in the contract.
Old 09-21-2024, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Fair comment to consult the rental contract, but I would be truly surprised if the terms contemplated a move to another storage location with no option fror the renter to decline. Be very interested to hear if anything like that was in the contract.
I would be doubtful too but, if he is a slum lord he may have anticipated these things. Sure hope not.
WDF
Old 09-21-2024, 09:56 AM

Darren has done good by us over the past few years.

Repaired / serviced trailer etc. Thru a conversation with him just before we received the vacate notice he stated that the developer had given him / tenants another two years before they wanted the storage lot for development.

He was then notified and given a very short time to move right away. I know he is awaiting a zoning approval (ongoing issue for a period of time) for a new lot somewhere in the vicinity.

For us the move is pain in butt as were trying to sell the trailer, as age has advanced and we have not use it the past few years, but again Darren has tried his best to decent by us.