Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-01-2024, 03:37 PM

Thumbs up Accurate Archery merge..... March 1st.

Just got wind that Lawrence aka Accurate Archery is merging with Hooked Up Fishing and Outdoors in Spruce Grove! Friend said lots of big brands and more coming.

I had wondered if he was closing shop soon and retiring. Great to hear hes going to be back at it full time. Business must be good and need more space to need more room. Alot shorter drive for me when i need work done!

Just 2 days ago i read quite a bit of up and down talk about another local shop in Edmonton are that was supposed to open a 40 yard indoor range. Would hate to see us lose anymore archery shops .

Last edited by Alberta Bigbore; 02-01-2024 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-02-2024, 09:09 AM

Thumbs up

That's a big plus. Lawrence is a book of bow tuning knowledge and a positive addition to Any setting.
Old 02-04-2024, 07:35 AM

My main man. Now I have to go to an archery AND fishing store, that’s dangerous for my wallet. Honestly can’t wait till he’s setup there
Old 02-06-2024, 12:18 PM

Hate to be negative but when i bought my prime took it back the next day and said there is something up with this bow. He looked at it did some tickering and then blamed me for trying to adjust it. Which I didn’t do.
I need strings so i hope his additude has changed
Old 02-06-2024, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezzola View Post
Hate to be negative but when i bought my prime took it back the next day and said there is something up with this bow. He looked at it did some tickering and then blamed me for trying to adjust it. Which I didn’t do.
I need strings so i hope his additude has changed
Why chance it? Just go to Jimbows., I believe they are a Prime Dealer and can get you your strings for you. That way you can forget about Lawrence and stop crapping on him everytime his name comes up in a thread.

Edit.

Just found this on the last Accurate Archery thread, you posted this on June 25th, 2021....

I believe jim bows now deals in prime.

Last edited by brendan's dad; 02-06-2024 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-07-2024, 08:07 PM

Free speech
Old 02-07-2024, 11:09 PM

Last edited by Alberta Bigbore; 02-07-2024 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Ill be nice...
Old 02-08-2024, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezzola View Post
Free speech
And it is also a free market. You have choices and in 2021 you even stated that you know you have a different choice.

Why would you even worry if Lawrence has "changed his attitude", or even consider going back there if you have other options?

Just sounds like you have an axe to grind and doing whatever you can to hurt the man's business.
Old 02-08-2024, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
And it is also a free market. You have choices and in 2021 you even stated that you know you have a different choice.

Why would you even worry if Lawrence has "changed his attitude", or even consider going back there if you have other options?

Just sounds like you have an axe to grind and doing whatever you can to hurt the man's business.
I don't know any of the 4 people involved, but maybe the axe to grind is legit? If that is the case, other potential customers would appreciate knowing??

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 02-08-2024, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
I don't know any of the 4 people involved, but maybe the axe to grind is legit? If that is the case, other potential customers would appreciate knowing??
Well I didn't start the thread, but I guess ABB can request to have it closed if he wants to. Buts it's not hard to understand why Lawrence pulled his sponsorship or stopped posting here.

I will definitely be going to check out the new shop and let Lawrence know everyone on AO said Hi!
Old 02-09-2024, 09:29 AM

When I first got into Archery a few years ago, the first thing I did was I went to our local shop in Red Deer (Wolverine/Archery Center). There I bought a new bow and all accessories. Then when I was ready, I upgraded to a new Bowtech there as well. Honestly the service and the bow tuning I received was sub par. If Blaze was there I got great service, but it was hit and miss.

Once I actually learned about Archery and bow tuning, bought a bow press and did it all myself, I realised just how little they were actually doing to tune my bow. And how valuable it was to learn to do it yourself.

To me as an Archer, learning to work on and tune your own bow is one of the most overlooked steps. And one of the most rewarding. I can't imagine needing to drive to a shop every time I need to adjust or change something.
Old 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
When I first got into Archery a few years ago, the first thing I did was I went to our local shop in Red Deer (Wolverine/Archery Center). There I bought a new bow and all accessories. Then when I was ready, I upgraded to a new Bowtech there as well. Honestly the service and the bow tuning I received was sub par. If Blaze was there I got great service, but it was hit and miss.

Once I actually learned about Archery and bow tuning, bought a bow press and did it all myself, I realised just how little they were actually doing to tune my bow. And how valuable it was to learn to do it yourself.

To me as an Archer, learning to work on and tune your own bow is one of the most overlooked steps. And one of the most rewarding. I can't imagine needing to drive to a shop every time I need to adjust or change something.

This is it right here. I was tired of spending money for sub par and or down right bad tunes. I bought an ez green and never looked back.
Old 02-13-2024, 04:02 PM

Hate to see archery shops closing so this is a good thing.

No one...has ever tuned/stringed my bows, made/repaired arrows for me or any kind of maintenance. Buy or build a press, a bow vice, an arrow saw, fletching jigs and you're a free man.