Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-03-2009, 11:48 PM

Default Peace/Fairview - Archery??

I have recently relocated to Fairview and was starting to learn about archery before I had to move (Lay off enuf said) I am wondering if anyone knows where a person would go arround these parts to learn or get some lessons and mabey shoot a few targets. I dunno anyone arround here so I thought I would give this a go. Thanks muchly
Old 07-04-2009, 09:15 AM

go to alaska outdoor forums. similar to this site they should be able to help you.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbos1 View Post
go to alaska outdoor forums. similar to this site they should be able to help you.
Thanks
Old 07-04-2009, 09:57 AM

Default Archery

I was in the same boat a couple of years ago. There really isn't anything in the immediate area. I think there is a club in GP. There is a store in Debolt for another option however that is far away.

You will need to find someone to help you along that bow hunts in Fairview.

Greg
Old 07-06-2009, 12:23 PM

GP has an awesome bow range, I really loved going to shoot 3d out there during the summer. As far as lessons go, not too sure on that one. I don't think the pro shops will be a ton of help, but they can offer you pointers to help you on your way if you hit a roadblock. I've found that most guys at the GP range are willing to help if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask if you have some. I'm thinking your best bet would be to find out when they have their league night, and go then. There will be alot of experienced shooters there, and I'm sure most, if not all, wouldn't hesitate to try and help a beginner. I know I had lots of help when I started going there, and I always tried to do the same for others when they had questions. Hope that helps you out...
Old 08-09-2009, 08:14 PM

Good day C.W.,
I assume you moved to Fairview alberta , not alaska.LoL. I live close and have to say it's a very good place to live.
Good places to look into would be The Hunters Edge, The Tackle Shack, Bartons. These are all sports stores in Grande Prairie and all have guys that know a lot about local archery.
Hope this helps.
Ken