Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-10-2009, 03:55 PM

Default quiver?

how many of you hunt with your quiver on your bow or do u have it on your body/pack? does it make a difference to your shooting or is it preference?

thanks
hfc
Old 08-10-2009, 04:06 PM

When I started I had mine on my bow but didn't like the extra weight; I now have a back quiver I use 90% and also have a hip quiver 10% of the time.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinfishincampin View Post
how many of you hunt with your quiver on your bow or do u have it on your body/pack? does it make a difference to your shooting or is it preference?

thanks
hfc
Used a quiver on the bow, and switched to a device that allows you to carry it on your belt. Works ok, but can be a PITA when walking through thick bush.

John B! What back quiver do you use, and where did you get it? Thanks!!

"She took all my money, she wrecked my new car, now she's with one of my good time buddies, and they're drinkin' in some cross town bar"!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinawalli View Post
Used a quiver on the bow, and switched to a device that allows you to carry it on your belt. Works ok, but can be a PITA when walking through thick bush.

John B! What back quiver do you use, and where did you get it? Thanks!!

I use the a Catquiver from Rancho Safari, didn't like the pack so I put the quiver on my Eberlestock X1 backpack. The picture is of the old setup. You can also just buy the quiver (Cat quiver mini). YouTube also has a demo on how to use the back quiver.

http://www.ranchosafari.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cat4.jpg (30.4 KB, 47 views)
Old 08-11-2009, 08:27 PM

Depending on what I am hunting, either a traditional back quiver or a cat Quiver 11 or 1v.
Cat
Old 08-11-2009, 08:53 PM

Used a hip quiver for over 10 years. Bow quivers have improved considerably over that time and I'm back to using a bow quiver. It's just that much less junk to get organized when heading out to the stand. Basically, it's grab bow & release & go.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:35 PM

i have always used a bow quiver.... i find if i get a second shot it is very handy
Old 08-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Banned

I have used a hip qwiver for close to 10 years and am now going back to a bow qwiver. I do like the extra weight or the canting of the bow with a bow mount but i'm fed up with the issues of a hip qwiver.

As you walk the fletches swing back and forth and shows a lot of movement. Crossing fences they snag. Thick brush they hang up....

My thoughts....
Old 08-12-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntAB View Post
I have used a hip qwiver for close to 10 years and am now going back to a bow qwiver. I do like the extra weight or the canting of the bow with a bow mount but i'm fed up with the issues of a hip qwiver.

As you walk the fletches swing back and forth and shows a lot of movement. Crossing fences they snag. Thick brush they hang up....

My thoughts....
I made a camo cover to go over the fletches; I think you can buy them as well.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:05 AM

I have my quiver on the bow but take it off when I am in the treestand. For stalking, something I very rarely do, I use a hip quiver loaded with three arrows.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:34 PM

I use the new octane 2 piece quick detach with the magnetic hood that way i can either have it on my bow or in my pack but still use a 2 piece
Old 08-13-2009, 10:31 PM

Either a back quiver (my favorite) or a bow quiver. If I think I might end up slithering around on a stalk then I prefer the bow quiver. When I shot compound i took off the bow quiver and modified a strap to run it like a side quiver.