Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Edmonton_bow_hunter

Default custom strings

hey guys well I've been shooting my bow for 2 yrs now and it's time for a new string. looking for some killer custom strings but, would like to support a canadian buisness / stringmaker. any sugg.?
thanx
J
Old 08-05-2009, 09:28 PM

worlds best the guys name is allan he is out of sask his web site is www.worldsbeststrings.com. I have had two of them now on different bows and loved both of them
Old 08-05-2009, 11:46 PM

x2 on worldsbeststrings.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:01 AM

x3 breaking in my new green and white now. Love this string.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:17 AM

Check with Trophy Book & Sherwood Park Archery Lanes, they used to make their own strings too. As have most of the larger shops. If you're in a hurry I think Al O'Brien does them down at Calgary Archery Centre. I also do them, but I only build them for bows I own or sold in the past.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:13 AM

Al at the Calgary Archery Centre builds one hell of a nice pair of strings.....very hard to beat.

I have used Bucknasty strings in the past on 2 bows and have been very happy. I think I've had 3 sets built by Al and they are rock solid.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:16 PM

I have had two sets of stings from World's Best; they had way to much stretch. I will stay with Winners from now on.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
I have had two sets of stings from World's Best; they had way to much stretch. I will stay with Winners from now on.
Seriously? I haven't had a bit. Neither has any of the couple dozen people that recommended them. As far as I know he uses a 2600lbs steady weight on the string to relieve the stretch. I threw my Winner's Choice out after 500ish sticks because it hadn't stopped stretching.......funny how two experiences are totally different. I didn't like my Scorpion either.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:57 PM

that's interesting Rem, I've used a few of the WC strings and have never had a problem.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:36 PM

Serious; it was four years ago that I have tried them and maybe they are better now but I sure will not buy another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
Seriously? I haven't had a bit. Neither has any of the couple dozen people that recommended them. As far as I know he uses a 2600lbs steady weight on the string to relieve the stretch. I threw my Winner's Choice out after 500ish sticks because it hadn't stopped stretching.......funny how two experiences are totally different. I didn't like my Scorpion either.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:14 PM

Mine came with the bow. It was on my Guardian and all I had was trouble with it. I switched it out for a factory string and after 100 sticks it was settled again.
I haven't had enough experience with them to trash them entirely, but I can speak positivley of my World's Best. I kept getting the same answer (from different people) when I asked which string to go with, so I went World's Best. Couldn't be happier.
JB, I wouldn't blame you, if one doesn't work and the other does for me consistently I would be all over it. I wasn't challenging yuor comment at all, it's funny how the same products can pop lemons on us.
All I can say is the WC string didn't agree with me (just once) and the Scorpion strings, where to be frank, are junk. I really like my World's Best. I am at about 200 arrows throught the fresh one and no perceivable stretch yet. It is eerie.