Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2024, 10:46 AM

Default Government announcing more spending freebies almost daily now

Freeland today announced a billion dollars over 5 years for a national school food program.

My question is people who are struggling to feed their family after years of liberal governance should now be happy? How many people are registering that nothing is free and this new promise is just compounding onto our deficit and debt and the cost will keep rising.

Wouldn’t the best way to help parents feed their kids is through a sound economy, low debt, an affordable place to live and lower grocery costs by removing extraneous carbon taxes.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-01-2024, 10:54 AM

We! Are the ones paying for it anyway! Tax Tax and more tax! They think they are doing us a favour! BS!
Old 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM

There is no free lunch.
They can’t buy my vote.
Old 04-01-2024, 11:12 AM

They could give me millions, I'd still vote conservative.
Old 04-01-2024, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
They could give me millions, I'd still vote conservative.
I would move and not worry about voting at all
Old 04-01-2024, 11:24 AM

They are looking for the low hanging fruit, the people too stupid to realize that they will end up paying for every handout they get.
Old 04-01-2024, 11:26 AM

Remember that Trudeau stated at the start of the pandemic "The government is going into debt so that you don't have to go into debt."
Utterly clueless and out of touch with reality!
Old 04-01-2024, 01:17 PM

You can't buy votes without spending the voters money

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 04-01-2024, 01:22 PM

Canada spends more money servicing our debt than healthcare. Eventually our triple A credit rating is going to take a hit with all of the record deficits the liberals keep rolling out for votes.
Old 04-01-2024, 02:22 PM

If they are going feed the kids at school they should be collecting it from the people that have kids in school threw there taxes not for those that don't have kids
They all so increased minimum wage by 50 cents .
Old 04-01-2024, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Freeland today announced a billion dollars over 5 years for a national school food program.

My question is people who are struggling to feed their family after years of liberal governance should now be happy? How many people are registering that nothing is free and this new promise is just compounding onto our deficit and debt and the cost will keep rising.

Wouldn’t the best way to help parents feed their kids is through a sound economy, low debt, an affordable place to live and lower grocery costs by removing extraneous carbon taxes.
There you have it: "nothing is free."

I feel sorry for future generations of Canadians.
Old 04-01-2024, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
They are looking for the low hanging fruit, the people too stupid to realize that they will end up paying for every handout they get.
No matter how much money it throws at people to garner support, the party is over. Most middle run people I run into have come to see what it and its party are doing/have done. Not going to get better for them here on in. They’d be better off just calling the election.
Old 04-01-2024, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
If they are going feed the kids at school they should be collecting it from the people that have kids in school threw there taxes not for those that don't have kids
They all so increased minimum wage by 50 cents .
I agree with you, but it shouldn't be all parents with kids.
My kids never go hungry because I work my ass off.
I don't do that day in and day out for other's kids. That's commie stuff.
I'm done paying for stuff that I didn't ask for. They should track down all of their voters and get them to Pony up.
Old 04-01-2024, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
That's what the Liberals- NDP live on .
Old 04-02-2024, 01:33 PM

Gee, I wonder why Governments drop a Merry Christmas Budget in the middle of an Economic Crash???

OW WAIT!!!! IS THERE AN ECONOMIC CRASH AND I DID NOT SEE IT???

Yes, Virginia, by any pronoun that you wish to be addressed by, you just don't realize it yet.

Price of Gold is on a steady march.

AI Bubble in the Stock Market is kind of fizzling.

Price of Oil broke $85 US today, well ahead of predictions on price for the summer.

And then there is the gut punch you will get in about 4 months from the Carbon Tax, which is still being worked into pricing on all Consumer Goods no matter where it is made.

People are moving to Alberta as it is viewed as the last island of economic opportunity in Canada. Why leave PEI for Alberta you say? Potatoes are just as good, and you can find a JOB.

Trudeau's handlers know that when all the foreclosures start happening down east that it will be too late to call an Election. Inflation is here, Interest Rates are Going Up.

An Election called now will have the Nay Sayers without proof of what is to come, and the shiny nickels being handed out in the Budget will be the Platform for the Election.

All other bad news will be dismissed as simple fear mongering.

Drewski
Old 04-02-2024, 01:54 PM

Bugs and fake meat and cricket milk.

I don't understand the have kids but can't afford to feed them. If you can't feed em don't breed em.
Old 04-02-2024, 01:55 PM

Now we have $10B for school lunch program -- $200 M a year.

The Liberals kill industry so there are no jobs, they increase taxes on all aspects of food production, delivery and handling to the point that families have to cut back on buying groceries.

Kids hungry going to school

No problem -- they will give $200M of taxpayer dollars a year for school lunch programs.

Who pays for this the taxpayers ---- those folks that are still working (for now -- don't worry the Liberal / NDP coalition will get to you soon).

Trudeau is like the arsonist who starts a fire and then volunteers to put it out
Old 04-02-2024, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Gee, I wonder why Governments drop a Merry Christmas Budget in the middle of an Economic Crash???

OW WAIT!!!! IS THERE AN ECONOMIC CRASH AND I DID NOT SEE IT???

Yes, Virginia, by any pronoun that you wish to be addressed by, you just don't realize it yet.

Price of Gold is on a steady march.

AI Bubble in the Stock Market is kind of fizzling.

Price of Oil broke $85 US today, well ahead of predictions on price for the summer.

And then there is the gut punch you will get in about 4 months from the Carbon Tax, which is still being worked into pricing on all Consumer Goods no matter where it is made.

People are moving to Alberta as it is viewed as the last island of economic opportunity in Canada. Why leave PEI for Alberta you say? Potatoes are just as good, and you can find a JOB.

Trudeau's handlers know that when all the foreclosures start happening down east that it will be too late to call an Election. Inflation is here, Interest Rates are Going Up.

An Election called now will have the Nay Sayers without proof of what is to come, and the shiny nickels being handed out in the Budget will be the Platform for the Election.

All other bad news will be dismissed as simple fear mongering.

Drewski
And if Jagmeet thinks Trudy will consult him as to when to call an election, he'd be wrong. Trudy will call one just as soon as he thinks he can win and not a minute sooner or later. I'd be surprised if he let the clock run out on the next election.

BW
Old 04-02-2024, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Tollers View Post
Now we have $10B for school lunch program -- $200 M a year.

The Liberals kill industry so there are no jobs, they increase taxes on all aspects of food production, delivery and handling to the point that families have to cut back on buying groceries.

Kids hungry going to school

No problem -- they will give $200M of taxpayer dollars a year for school lunch programs.

Who pays for this the taxpayers ---- those folks that are still working (for now -- don't worry the Liberal / NDP coalition will get to you soon).

Trudeau is like the arsonist who starts a fire and then volunteers to put it out
WITH GASOLINE, ALL THE WHILE SMILING AND TELLING YOU ITS FOR YOR OWN GOOD!!

(There, fixed it for you)
Old 04-02-2024, 05:31 PM

I think it’s only fair that if lieberals announce “spending” that it comes from their actual lieberal budgets/members, and not from taxpayers. It’s not their money to spend, it’s yours!
Old 04-02-2024, 05:34 PM

Trudeau is the kind of guy who'd sh*t in the pool then charge you to use the ladder to get out.

F-him and his vote buying, and shame on Canadians who take the bait. It's that "get something for nothing" nonsense that so many people gobble-up in this country, like they're not the ones paying the bill or something. A-hole takes 8 years to drive this country's economy into the toilet, offers some window dressing and airy "I understand Canadians have it tough" BS speech.

His record is pretty good on not delivering, and he'll be delivering pizza around the time any of the initiatives would have possibly happened.

As my mom used to say, "he's circling the drain"
Old 04-02-2024, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
You can't buy votes without spending the voters money
What you do is take it from those not voting for you and give it to those who just need a little encouragement.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 04-03-2024, 06:42 AM

And there will always be stupid people who keep on voting for them.
Old 04-03-2024, 06:47 AM

The problem is not the fools in our government, the problem is the fools that keep voting for them, regardless of what they do.
Old 04-03-2024, 08:34 AM

1 billion Monday
6 billion Tuesday
Another 15 billion today.

“ Continuing his pre-budget spending pledge tour, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is promising a $15-billion top-up as well as reforms to the federal apartment construction loan program.”

Latest poll has the liberals gaining on the conservatives, I agree an election is on the way. Sadly a lot of Canadians can be bought with their own money.
Old 04-03-2024, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSlam View Post
And there will always be stupid people who keep on voting for them.
Trudeau was elected with the ovaries.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
1 billion Monday
6 billion Tuesday

“ Continuing his pre-budget spending pledge tour, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is promising a $15-billion top-up as well as reforms to the federal apartment construction loan program.”

Latest poll has the liberals gaining on the conservatives, I agree an election is on the way. Sadly a lot of Canadians can be bought with their own money.

Yep, classic liberal pre-election tactics. And unfortunately it always works. So many stupid people out there.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:09 AM

Over the last 4 or 5 weeks, I have been collecting signatures for the recall mayor Gondek petition. I knew before hand that many people are apathetic, ignorant and many flat out don't want to know what's happening in the world of politics. WOW, I didn't think there were that many!! Not just the younger generation, but many in the 40 to 70 year range! Lots asking what did she do that was so bad?? Well, 87 billion climate emergency a couple days after being elected and no mention of it during the campaign. Single handedly scuttling the event center deal and having to renegotiate at huge cost to Calgary taxpayers!! 7.8% property tax increase? And the list goes on. Lots of people had no idea, but still wouldn't sign. Some pretty much called me a liar!?

Really was eye opening and makes it believable that the turd could be elected PM again!!
Old 04-03-2024, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
1 billion Monday
6 billion Tuesday

Thank god it’s free money and taxpayers aren’t on the hook for it.

One wants to go to people’s homes that vote liberal and NDP and offer to given them, for free… $10,000 cash. All they need to do is give me $14,000 and by doing this global warming will stop.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-03-2024, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Thank god it’s free money and taxpayers aren’t on the hook for it.

One wants to go to people’s homes that vote liberal and NDP and offer to given them, for free… $10,000 cash. All they need to do is give me $14,000 and by doing this global warming will stop.
You have no idea how inert and uneducated the general population is. They simply have no idea what is going on outside of their house! And they don’t want to know!
I remember one smart guy told me this: thank God for the idiots! It’s not that I’m so smart and talented, it’s just they are so stupid!