Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-09-2009, 06:22 PM

Default AOF Gathering @ PCR List

Ok as it stands I will be going down Thursday morn with Sandalius to get a camp site. You can not reserve a site there. You need to have tent or something on the site and regisrtation in the box. I just dont want to get down there and not have one on Sat so the $ 60.00 is for 3 days is worth it to me. If you need help with site still please post. Below is a list as I know it of everyone coming and if they need a site or not. Please let me know if this is correct or not......

Michelle Need a site for 26 FT RV
Jack&7
Sucram
The Fisherman Guy Need site for an 8FT Tent Trailer
Calgarygringo
Baitfisher
Sandalius
Kingfisher Need a site
FishBrian
flygirrl Need a site
And last but not least ME...

Have I forgot anyone ? I hope not I am sure there will be wives , kids and what ever you call your other there as well. There has been mention of a potluck type thing , Is anyone wanting to do this? We do have access to free perch could do one hell of a fry. A member has offerd his stove up I believe. There is no firewood for sale down there so you will need to bring your own or we can use someones truck and fill her up if we can.

Any other ideas that you have feel free to post here This should be a great time and am looking forward to getting with you all..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing

Last edited by jts1; 07-14-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:24 PM

you wont need two seperate sites for me and michelle.....i hope..lol
Old 07-09-2009, 06:49 PM

Default this all sounds good to me!

I plan on being there Wed so please come introduce yourself-Jayco tag a long, black GMC Truck and dark green jon boat.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:02 PM

Default can some one educate on some things please

are we fishing for walleye?
do I need a special licence for them?
will 10 lb line be enough?
any special set ups? I have a few jigs but would like to get the right stuff together.
thanks in advance
t
Old 07-09-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyflyfish View Post
are we fishing for walleye?
do I need a special licence for them?
will 10 lb line be enough?
any special set ups? I have a few jigs but would like to get the right stuff together.
thanks in advance
t
You don't need a special licence and 10lb is more than enough. Your jigs will work just fine as they are or baited. It aint hard to hook a fish up @ PCR

Old 07-09-2009, 07:10 PM

there are walleye, limit is 0 thought, they like jigs, smelts work awesome on a single hook or pickerel rig and 10lbs is more than enough
Old 07-09-2009, 07:26 PM

Default ty

Old 07-09-2009, 07:48 PM

Default Site

Don't worry about a site for me as I will be there already. Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:41 PM

I am in for sure. Sharing a site with Jts1 so i am giving him my tent to setup and I will be down Friday night after work. Cant wait to meet everyone.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:53 AM

Smile

I'm only bringing my tent. So I need whatever room the tent takes. If you think I need a whole site. Then that's what I'll take. Or if someone with another tent wants to share a site I'm good with that too.

Jeff just let me know how you want to do this. If you want the money and my tent ahead of time then I'm OK with that.

Rob
Old 07-10-2009, 08:00 AM

Hi guys, Im willing to share a site or park on someone elses. have a camper on the truck. Should I bring my 14 ft lund or will my pontoon boats do the trick there. Thanx
Old 07-10-2009, 08:10 AM

Default Boat

If you are mostly into Walleyes yur pontoon boat will work just fine but if you want to troll and work the lake for gators I would suggest the 14 foot. The lake is smaller and does not usually get very rough like some of the southern alta lakes do either is good depending on how you wish to fish.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:20 AM

Right on, thanks again Jeff for getting this going. There's a bottle of Jameson juice for your efforts as a coordinator of us Alberia yahoo's!

I should be able to make it out there for Friday afternoon. I have a camp stove that anyone can use, and a big pot if we want to do up a corn roast. Anyone from corn country?? I would be more than happy to throw some cash towards some delish southern Alberta corn, to go along with the fish fry.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:21 AM

How about we put kingfisher in a site with flygirl and Nicemustang in a site with Fisherman guy lots of room for a trailer and tent on each? And you all split the cost??? All that's left is Tonyflyfish and Sucram has Neil coming Neil could spilt a site with Tony that's 2 on each lots of room and cheep. for all. Does this work? Then we will need 5 sites. Who wants one on Thurs when I and Steve go down?

Last edited by jts1; 07-10-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
How about we put kingfisher in a site with flygirl and Nicemustang in a site with Fisherman guy lots of room for a trailer on tent on each? And you all split the cost??? All that's left is Tonyflyfish and Sucram has Neil coming they could spilt a site that's 2 on each lots of room and cheep. for all. Does this work? Then we will need 5 sites. Who wants one on Thurs when I and Steve go down?
Sure fine by me..... Im going to try to be there on thursday, will see how it goes. Any rainbows in pcr? is it worth bringing the flyrod or bait rods is the way to go
Old 07-10-2009, 10:33 AM

No rainbows but you can get the walleye on the fly

Old 07-10-2009, 10:49 AM

Wife and I are OK to come down, but will only be staying Saturday night. I don't mind chipping in the cash for the site, but as I said we have company staying thurs and friday night at my place, so earilest we can come down is Saturday morning. So I'd love to share a site, and pay for my night. Just have a tent (10x10) so just need room for that. We will be bringing the boat.

Rig looks like this:
Old 07-10-2009, 11:39 AM

Ya Jeff that sounds good, if Mustang is down with it, I will make sure that there is plenty of room for his tent. I don't take up much space, unless it is like the campground at Travers. Never snuggled in a campground quite like the setup there.

Mustang > No more Toyota? Hey if you need me to bring anything PM me, same goes for everyone. I am not sure if I will be there both nights, but probably after a few gingers I will be. Forget about the cash Mustang, I can cover the site, maybe you can take care of the firewood if it is easily accessable to you. Whatever works, it does not matter to me.

Jeff, just to clarify, will there be a site for me when I get there? If need be I can stop by thursday and pitch a tent on one to reserve it. Keep me posted and I will be happy to pay upfront. 403.554.8142 if you need anything.

Thanks again
Old 07-10-2009, 11:45 AM

Yeah toyota is gone, lease ended so I took over this F150 for $420 a month lease, not bad and more room and more power!

I have lots of firewood, a whole shed full LOL so I can definitely bring some for Saturday night.

Really looking forward to this!

Cheers!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:33 PM

Default Tents

Don't worry about your tent as most of the sites have lots of grassy areas in between. Not like Traverse campground at all. I am sure there will be room around us if there is no spot and we will be there earlier in the week.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:48 PM

Default Pcr

I just saw this thread... I might be able to go next Saturday. Never been to PCR but I have tomorrow morning off so I will go there and check it out. I have a few questions though:

1) How to get there from Calgary.
2) Where to fish and what to use (can't find PCR in the regulation guide).
3) Where is the campground since I want to check it out.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:53 PM

From calgary keep following the number 2 south, when you see a sign for the 527, turn right, it's right across from Stavely, the dock is an awesome spot use a single hook or a pickerel rig with pieces of smelts, the campground will be to the first left after the bridge
Old 07-10-2009, 08:54 PM

Default Directions to Pine Coulee

Head south on hiway 2 . Go past High River, through Nanton, the the next town is Stavely (right side of hiway). Turn right at Syavely which is road 527. Head west and go over bridge which crosses the lake the road will turn right. Stay on pavement to the right and watch for sign that says Pine Coulee park a few clicks down the road. Turn left towards lake and this road runs right down the boat launch. Just before look on your right and there is the campground. Total distance from the main hiway is 11-12 km if I remember last time i checked. Take jigs and lots of smelts, minoows or any fishing food as their are millions of smaller walleys. If you have a boat go troll for some gators...
Any questions p.m. me as I am a weekly PCR camper fisher.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:25 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
Head south on hiway 2 . Go past High River, through Nanton, the the next town is Stavely (right side of hiway). Turn right at Syavely which is road 527. Head west and go over bridge which crosses the lake the road will turn right. Stay on pavement to the right and watch for sign that says Pine Coulee park a few clicks down the road. Turn left towards lake and this road runs right down the boat launch. Just before look on your right and there is the campground. Total distance from the main hiway is 11-12 km if I remember last time i checked. Take jigs and lots of smelts, minoows or any fishing food as their are millions of smaller walleys. If you have a boat go troll for some gators...
Any questions p.m. me as I am a weekly PCR camper fisher.
Do you get lost every time you head down there???
After the bridge, the road (527) & pavement turns LEFT; that's how I got there today, anyhoo...
Old 07-10-2009, 09:26 PM

lmfao i was wondering which part of it goes right....i know my memory isnt THAT bad
Old 07-10-2009, 09:29 PM

Thank you all. I'll give it a try tomorrow... thanks again.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:50 PM

Default Road goes left after the bridge-Don't go right

Sorry but I guess I was dreaming last time. I go there so often I drive the route with my eyes closed summer and winter....
Old 07-11-2009, 09:57 AM

I will be there on Saturday the 18th. And I plan on staying the night.

I will be bringing the boat to troll for some gators as well....since we need some for the fish-fry! I am bringing a tent just in case, but I might be bunking with Michelle and Baitfisher.

Here is what I have to bring:

-lots of free firewood
-turkey deep fryer (can use for a pot o' corn if need be)
-2 burner coleman stove

Let me know if this all sounds good or is there anything else we need?
Old 07-11-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&7 View Post
I will be there on Saturday the 18th. And I plan on staying the night.

I will be bringing the boat to troll for some gators as well....since we need some for the fish-fry! I am bringing a tent just in case, but I might be bunking with Michelle and Baitfisher.

Here is what I have to bring:

-lots of free firewood
-turkey deep fryer (can use for a pot o' corn if need be)
-2 burner coleman stove

Let me know if this all sounds good or is there anything else we need?
All sounds good to me Bring what you can..

Old 07-11-2009, 10:36 AM

Default I am more than happy to share a site with Neil-I

am still planning on being there Wed. I have a 3 burner camp chef, and a Honda 3000 that can be shared for anyones use. I don't imagine there is power there so we may need to charge batteries etc.
t