Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-02-2019, 03:56 PM
AO Sponsor

Default Man shoots himself on stairs of Alberta Legislature

https://globalnews.ca/news/6246038/a...hoots-himself/

Holy cow! What is happening out there?? This stuff is so sad... Unfortunate things feel so bleak they feel there is no way out above ground.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 12-02-2019, 04:01 PM

Unhappy

The Big question is; "Why❓".

But for now ... Condolences to the Family & Friends.

Selkirk
Old 12-02-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post

Selkirk
X2.

Grizz
Old 12-02-2019, 06:34 PM

Sad news for sure.
It seems like there is a message in his persons suicide. Lets hope their family gets some closure.

Sad, so very sad.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:41 PM

It’s TRAGIC!! Heard today they found a business owner in Nisku, hanging from the rafters. I won’t say who, but knew him well. I can’t quit thinking about his wife and kids!
Old 12-02-2019, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclebud View Post
It’s TRAGIC!! Heard today they found a business owner in Nisku, hanging from the rafters. I won’t say who, but knew him well. I can’t quit thinking about his wife and kids!
Tragic, indeed! And unlike your acquaintance and the other over five hundred desperate albertans, every year, that decide to leave this world on their terms, this fella sure tried to make a statement. I hope he/she/it wasn’t a registered nurse. That’ll keep everybody busy spinning things for a while.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclebud View Post
Damn, that's terrible. Even worse when kids are involved

Condolences to all friends and family involved.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:32 AM

Condolences to the families of both men, sad indeed when people take their own lives for whatever reason,

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:

Selkirk
X3
So very sad!
Men if you’re having issues TALK to someone if you’re having issues. Iv been down that road thankfully someone noticed and gave me an avenue to talk to someone. It was one of the most difficult things I ever did. I’m grateful everyday for that chance to talk.

SEEKING HELP IS NOT A SIGN OF WEAKNESS.

BW
Old 12-03-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
X3
So very sad!
Men if you’re having issues TALK to someone if you’re having issues. Iv been down that road thankfully someone noticed and gave me an avenue to talk to someone. It was one of the most difficult things I ever did. I’m grateful everyday for that chance to talk.

SEEKING HELP IS NOT A SIGN OF WEAKNESS.

BW
Agreed 100%
I am currently having a hard time accepting my recent health issues and going through some post surgery darkness. My life has been spared by the surgery yet I am having a hard time being happy about it. I can't explain it or fix it on my own. Going to the councillor/shrink today at 9am. Very hard phone call to make but I know I will be grateful to have the opportunity to talk and have someone listen. Please get help when you need it!

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 12-03-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teledogs View Post
Agreed 100%
I am currently having a hard time accepting my recent health issues and going through some post surgery darkness. My life has been spared by the surgery yet I am having a hard time being happy about it. I can't explain it or fix it on my own. Going to the councillor/shrink today at 9am. Very hard phone call to make but I know I will be grateful to have the opportunity to talk and have someone listen. Please get help when you need it!
I hope you can recover soon and well, truly. Sounds like you're doing the right stuff, best wishes for you.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:15 AM

You can’t fix it on your own, asking for help was the right move. Hang in there, work on getting healthy.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:32 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Agreed 100%
You made the right choice , hope everything work out for you . In some case At the end of the day things will be fine, sometime we worried too much . Don’t for get to take your vitamins for the winter months it does help .
Old 12-03-2019, 08:39 AM

Telledogs, good to see you are seeking help in very tough time. My old dad would advise me with his poor english during 80's recession, "Do not think to much" It helped!
Old 12-03-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Agreed 100%
Sorry to hear on your depression. At a personal level it is very difficult to deal with and reaching out to talk with someone is an excellent first step. I wish you well. There are some groups out there as well as one on one. Send me a PM if you are interested in expanding the discussion groups.

Having travelled your road -- I wish you all the best.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Agreed 100%
Sorry to hear, you can beat this. I just heard about this today, they have some resources that also may help.

https://menandfamilies.org/lookbehindthemask/
Old 12-03-2019, 10:55 AM

Thanks everyone for your kind words & support. It means so much! For the record I am not suicidal just quite blue. My open heart surgery was a lot more to deal with mentally than I could ever have imagined and from the records it is quite normal. I had a great session today and will beat this!! Thanks again.

Sorry for the derail...

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 12-03-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Agreed 100%
Hey bud I hear you loud and clear, I am fighting leukemia and have been for 5 years now, it flared up big time just before xmas last year, my doctor at the cross said we will wait until first week of Jan to start treatment, had some dark moments for sure, it's normal I have adopted the attitude that it is what it is, I didn't ask for it, I don't want it, I didn't choose it but it chose me and I really only have 1 choice, do what my doctors tell me and never ever give up.

I can't allow myself to have any negative thoughts as it drains my energy, and yes some days it's dam tough, seek help from doctors, friends, or just someone that can relate, send me a PM i'll shoot you my cell number it's open to a call 24/7 if you need to talk.. seriously I mean that.

Take care and be safe
Ed

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:33 AM

Good luck Waldedw. Leukemia is nasty Blood disease. You wonder how you get Luekemia...... Yes you do have to fight it everyday. Enjoy your family, and friends. Good luck in your Treatments. Merry Xmas...God Bless.
PB43

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Hey bud I hear you loud and clear, I am fighting leukemia and have been for 5 years now, it flared up big time just before xmas last year, my doctor at the cross said we will wait until first week of Jan to start treatment, had some dark moments for sure, it's normal I have adopted the attitude that it is what it is, I didn't ask for it, I don't want it, I didn't choose it but it chose me and I really only have 1 choice, do what my doctors tell me and never ever give up.

I can't allow myself to have any negative thoughts as it drains my energy, and yes some days it's dam tough, seek help from doctors, friends, or just someone that can relate, send me a PM i'll shoot you my cell number it's open to a call 24/7 if you need to talk.. seriously I mean that.

Take care and be safe
Ed
Old 12-02-2019, 07:21 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:

Selkirk
True....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-02-2019, 04:02 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with those he left behind. Terrible when this happens, especially at this time of year.

May he RIP.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:03 PM

Some very bad years ahead--maybe the worst yet. I work in Nisku--it is a ghost town---projects cancelled left and right after the election. I sell steel to the patch--we see slowdowns before anybody else, brutal out there.

Pull it in tight and don't spend any money boys, some very tough years ahead.

I have just about given up on the pipeline. Please kibosh any more foreign investment too turdeau, that will certainly help.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:21 PM

Talking

Always sad to hear about someone getting to that point.

I don’t know his reason but no one should ever be that down.

Condolences to all people affected by this. Sad.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:27 PM

Talk about tragic, condolences to his family
Old 12-02-2019, 04:33 PM

It is very important to find out the Why and maybe do something about it. Alot of people have run out ei. They fall off any list, no longer on the list of unemployed. no longer in the tally. Where do they turn, how do the feed their families????
Old 12-02-2019, 04:42 PM

Very sad! Condolences and may he Rest In Peace!

Old 12-02-2019, 04:44 PM

Sad indeed. Happens all too often.

RIP