Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 10-29-2021, 07:32 PM

Arrow ISO non-license mammals and birds for taxidermy

Looking to purchase some animals to work on for taxidermy.
I have some free time lately and it has rekindled my love of it. Currently city-bound and working from home so space is limited and trying to source elsewhere.
Non-license small mammals and non-license birds only. Other than that, I'm not much picky which ones. But that's your magpies, crows, starling, house sparrows, rabbits, ground squirrels, etc, etc.
Located in Edmonton.
Old 10-31-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffedcrafts View Post
Looking to purchase some animals to work on for taxidermy.
I have some free time lately and it has rekindled my love of it. Currently city-bound and working from home so space is limited and trying to source elsewhere.
Non-license small mammals and non-license birds only. Other than that, I'm not much picky which ones. But that's your magpies, crows, starling, house sparrows, rabbits, ground squirrels, etc, etc.
Located in Edmonton.

I have a decent black bear hide in the freezer. I'm nearly certain I can give it to you with the proper paper work. I'm just north of you. Pm me if you want to see if you can legally get it.
Old 10-31-2021, 01:59 PM

How about a chicken?
I need to knock a few roosters over the head...
Old 10-31-2021, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
How about a chicken?
I need to knock a few roosters over the head...
That'll do, I'll take one or two if you got them. I'll pm you
Old 10-31-2021, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeroot View Post
I have a decent black bear hide in the freezer. I'm nearly certain I can give it to you with the proper paper work. I'm just north of you. Pm me if you want to see if you can legally get it.
Afraid I don't have the space or supplies to do anything that large yet. One day
Old 11-14-2021, 04:25 PM

On a long shot you could try introducing yourself to the Alberta Society for Injured Birds of Prey. They are in the Sherwood Park area. You might be able to secure different cadavers of hawks or owls that were beyond rehab there. There maybe is someone already getting the carcasses too. Might be worth a try. Pigeons have some nice plumages and would be easy to get a variety at night roosts urban or rural.

Don't know if it still happens downtown. There used to be a problem with lots of small birds flying into windows of the lit up office towers at dusk and hitting the sidewalks below.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 11-14-2021, 07:18 PM
AO Sponsor

Think law, legal ramifications, permits, licences. Beware or you will find yourself on the wrong side of the law. Dont buy a thing without checking into such things. This thread likely has an investigative file number attached to it already and a law officer following the thread closely.

You can buy bobs chicken but you cant buy freds bear without a licence unlesss it is tanned. You cannot buy a raptor or any waterfowl whatsoever, you cant buy a furbearing animal without a dealer licence.

Go find yourself a kind, helpful fish and wildlife officer and ask him a bunch of questions prior to striking out.

Tags
birds, iso, skins, taxidermy