Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-16-2021, 02:04 PM

Default Performance of 11 yr old Bow vs New Tech

Looking for advise here, I have a PSE Vendetta that I've had since 2009. It's been a good bow and I still enjoy shooting it although it does seem to need adjustments now and then to maintain accuracy.
I do have an opportunity to buy a 2020 Bowtech Revolt from a friend of mine. I've never shot a Bowtech but have read and heard great things.
Just wondering - what would be the difference in performance between this Bowtech and my PSE?
Old 08-16-2021, 06:07 PM

No matter what any one else says it all boils down to how YOU feel about the difference between the two bows. Go shoot it and find out for yourself is the best way. It may be a better bow that has a learning curve and then it may be "that" bow that you have been looking for.
Old 08-23-2021, 12:04 PM

Ive shot 4 bowtechs straight for the last 10-12 years. Had a few problems but were always warrentied. They all have their benefits. I love the speed aspect as they were a front runner years ago but now they all have similar stats. Im not wild over how my newest one holds in my mind, i think its mostly a grip design. Best thing to do would be to try it out. The weight reduction of all the new carbon bows is a nice touch.
Old 08-23-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildalberta View Post
Ive shot 4 bowtechs straight for the last 10-12 years. Had a few problems but were always warrentied. They all have their benefits. I love the speed aspect as they were a front runner years ago but now they all have similar stats. Im not wild over how my newest one holds in my mind, i think its mostly a grip design. Best thing to do would be to try it out. The weight reduction of all the new carbon bows is a nice touch.
This is the biggest difference I've noticed between my bow (~9yrs old) and the newer ones I have shot. It is significant.
Old 08-23-2021, 11:05 PM

Try it, only way to know.

Bowtech had some QC issues. Last couple years seem better, but give it a real good look before you shoot it, and take it in to a pro shop before you buy.

Performance is tough because that means different things to different people - quiet vs weight vs draw cycle vs specs. New arrows, slightly different draw weight or length etc. everything can impact the end result.

I have a 2008 and 2013...nothing has changed enough since then to justify a new bow. 10 FPS faster or a few oz don’t make the deer any deader.

If you are hunting this season, I would use your old bow and start with the new one next year.
Old 08-24-2021, 02:31 PM

Awesome, thanks all.