Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 04-12-2021, 02:06 PM

Default Selling fur

Hey guys I’m pretty new to trapping, me and my fil had a half decent first year on the line and got 20 marten and a lynx. Got them all skinned out now we need to sell them, just curious what the best options are, ideally in the Calgary area.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:23 PM
Banned

Congrats on your season.

The last receiving date for the July FHA auction is April 17 but I’m not seeing a receiving agent down your way anymore.

There are several fur buyers down your way if you want a cheque right away. Maybe someone down there can offer you advice on that.

The other option, if you don’t need the money right away, is to store the fur until next year and hopefully the market improves. This is the option that I’d seriously consider.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:16 AM
AO Sponsor

I think you currently have two options??? Maybe more. You an ship to FHA and try your luck in the sale or sell to a willing buyer but some are done for the year. GFW would buy your fur, if so contact me! Other buyer potentially Reuban Weibe at Sylvan Lake or possibly Steve at Halfords??? If you want to ship to FHA tfy contacting Jason Jarvie, sounds like he is running routes for FHA.

If you want the sell to me/GFW come down to our trapping supply store in Vauxhall and Ill even try to sell you a very nice fur hat! Ill be shipping again next week and will be done running to the four corners of Alberta... finally....

That is until fricking BEAVER RUN SPRING 2021 !!!!!!

Looking for 2000 stretched beaver and accompanying castoreum... very early May so git busy!!!
Old 04-13-2021, 12:23 AM
AO Sponsor

Oh yes, forgot to mention, fresh off the press Bomber Hats, Wolf, Silver Grade Silver Fox, Kiyute and even Lynx, Bobcat, Fisher and Otter now, the best weve seen yet! I really gotta get some beaver and muskrat stuff made, just been having too much fun with the fun furs!
Old 04-13-2021, 10:41 AM

Try to get them to Alberta Trappers Association in Westlock before the 17 th. The ATA can use your support, buy a membership and some more traps when your their.
This Forum you are on was developed by very active ATA trapper and previous member of the Executive.