Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-27-2014, 08:44 PM

Default vibration while pulling back round wheel style compound?

Hello I decided to pull my old bow out of the case and enjoy some archery in the back yard. Its a old browning round wheel the string seems to be in good shape but midway through drawing back some vibration occurs the limbs are not cracked and the bolts are snug. Is there a lube for the old style round wheel bows that I can apply or is there another issue I could look into? any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:19 AM

Does it have steel cables? like where the string connects to teardrop adapters?They may have some bends in it that are not coming out from not being used for a long time and these are "bumping" over the wheels.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:50 AM

It looks like the string runs into a steel sleeve before it is attached to the wheel. The bow is pushing 13 years old and on its second string. Were the string sits in the wheel guide (lack of proper terminology sorry) the string looks like it is getting old and possibly sepperating. I will take pictures tonight and post. I shot it all last week and had no issue but it started two days ago and is not going away I wonder if I should replace the string or retire it and go shopping.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:13 AM

I would recommend taking it into a Pro archery shop/Dealer and have them look the bow over with a miro...unfourtunatly Browning Bows are now obsolete and parts can NOT be bought for them unless its thru a private deal...

Where are you?

Neil
Old 04-28-2014, 01:04 PM

I am in Athabasca and drive to edmonton once a month but my outlaws live in Wainwright so my wife and I visit quite often. The next time I am in wainwright I should send you a pm lost arrow and bring the bow down. Maybe its time for a new bow when yah cant get parts its time.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda610 View Post
I am in Athabasca and drive to edmonton once a month but my outlaws live in Wainwright so my wife and I visit quite often. The next time I am in wainwright I should send you a pm lost arrow and bring the bow down. Maybe its time for a new bow when yah cant get parts its time.
Sounds good ...looking forward to it...bring the bow...no charge to check it out under magnifing glass...
PSE bought out Browning and faded them out...as with all parts...

Neil