Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-11-2015, 07:57 AM

Default N.C. Ordnance: Great company to deal with.

Many years ago (don't ask how many), I began hunting with my father using a Winchester Model 88, the rifle originally belonged to my grandfather and the serial number puts the manufacture date at 1956. The gun is definitely showing its age and years of use (still shoots great though), and along the way the original butt plate had been replaced with a recoil pad. For years now I have been searching for a replacement with no luck. I tried a couple repros but neither fit, both about 1/8" to short and they did not look at all like the original. I asked at a local gun shop and was told to try N.C. Ordnance. Went to their web site and there it was just like the original, apparently they have the original Winchester molds. Any way I called them the week before Christmas, when I got home from spending Christmas in BC there it was in my mail box. The part was shipped within 4 hours of my placing the order and the cost was $15. Great company with excellent service. They make repro parts like this for many different rifles as well as an extensive line of grips for Colts and other handguns. Now I can finally get on with my restoration project.