Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-08-2016, 06:54 PM

Default Just got a new fishing licence... with a new WIN

So I bought my fishing licence a few weeks ago at Cabela's and today I got a brand new card in the mail. I checked my licence and yup, I now have a new WIN number different to my old one, which I didn't pay for (although I paid for the licence).

Has anyone else ever had this happen? I'm thinking I can probably just use the new one, but no idea why this happened (although I remember the girl at the till had problems looking me up by my DL#)...
Old 12-08-2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcalgary View Post
So I bought my fishing licence a few weeks ago at Cabela's and today I got a brand new card in the mail. I checked my licence and yup, I now have a new WIN number different to my old one, which I didn't pay for (although I paid for the licence).

Has anyone else ever had this happen? I'm thinking I can probably just use the new one, but no idea why this happened (although I remember the girl at the till had problems looking me up by my DL#)...

I had something similar happen to me, they just couldn't find my account and made me a new one.

I ended up speaking on the phone with one of the girls from albertarelm and they were able to merge my win accounts.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:52 PM

If you have any draws are priority points I would check on that make sure you're not losing them

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2016, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
If you have any draws are priority points I would check on that make sure you're not losing them

This was my first thought and concern as well, but it should be easy to fix as mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3count View Post
I had something similar happen to me, they just couldn't find my account and made me a new one.

I ended up speaking on the phone with one of the girls from albertarelm and they were able to merge my win accounts.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post

Good point I hadn't thought of that. I'll give them a call. Thanks!