Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-05-2013, 08:37 AM

Default artic armor bib and jackets

Just wondering if any members use this product and if you have any opinions ect.I'm looking for a new warm bib and jacket,
I notice that canadian tire sells them, are there any other retailers
Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 AM

Default awesome

I have had mine for three years.
I ice fish in them use them in the
boat if its cold. Even got caught
in a down pour one day stayed
dry all day very good suit
Old 03-05-2013, 04:02 PM

I had the bibs and were amazing the first year. Beginning of the second year the right knee developed leaks and I tried calling their warranty service line and got the worse service. The guy I was talking to would not even consider that their product had a defect, he said it was impossible and insisted that the way I was using them was causing my wet knees. I gave up on them after that and got the Rapala bibs.

Somehow if I'm kneeling on both knees in water and my right knee is getting soaked I'm doing it wrong..... They must be an Apple subsidiary
Old 03-05-2013, 04:20 PM

Hey! i was also wondering how u like the rapala bib and jacket, hows the quality? seems as though the rapala one is a good bang for the buck, Frabill ones are to pricey
Old 03-05-2013, 04:33 PM

i had the AA suit for a few years. the material ripped pretty easy and wasnt waterproof at all.

every time we had a decent rain on the boat i would be soaked.

i sold mine and went to a strikemaster suit. tougher material but still not waterproof.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:49 PM

I have the rapala suit. Overall I like it but the zipper on the jacket isn't quite working right so I might exchange it at the end of the season. Good value overall.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_man View Post
Just wondering if any members use this product and if you have any opinions ect.I'm looking for a new warm bib and jacket,
I notice that canadian tire sells them, are there any other retailers
got mine this season so far im happy with it, its bouyant too!!
camo color for hunting & fishing!!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:21 PM

They Float! No worries about drowning. That said, they do seem to hold moisture in them when you sweat. I wouldn't even look at a suit for icefishing that didn't float. I carry a set of picks in my pocket so I can pull myself out. Did you guys hear about Jim Hudson? http://www.thenextbite.tv/articles/j...iss-his-spirit
Old 03-05-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide View Post
They Float! No worries about drowning. That said, they do seem to hold moisture in them when you sweat. I wouldn't even look at a suit for icefishing that didn't float. I carry a set of picks in my pocket so I can pull myself out. Did you guys hear about Jim Hudson? http://www.thenextbite.tv/articles/j...iss-his-spirit
Jim was floating from what I understand but was to far away for anyone to rescue him and the rescue team didn't make it out there in time. According to the articles I read he was still alive after making it to the hospital but he was to far gone to recover.

No suit would have saved him that day.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:42 PM

I talked to Chase Parsons and he told me Jim didn't have his life jacket on for some reason (he always wore one). I don't want to start a fight but having flotation and a set of ice picks in your pocket will most definitely save your life.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide View Post
I don't want to start a fight but having flotation and a set of ice picks in your pocket will most definitely save your life.
2X
Old 03-05-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_man View Post
Hey! i was also wondering how u like the rapala bib and jacket, hows the quality? seems as though the rapala one is a good bang for the buck, Frabill ones are to pricey
I don't have the jacket so can't comment on that. The bibs are great value for money, I got them at the Boxing day TFH sale. The fit was better than the AAs and so far the knees have been just as good. Only annoying thing is that there's no side zipper like the AA that you can unzip all the way up your leg for those times it gets too warm. They have been just as warm as the AA but a lot less bulkier.