Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-17-2019, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
I have a brand new never fired Chiappa Double Badger .22/410 combo in my safe that I have never and probably will never use. I will gladly give it to your daughter....for free....
But it’s not pink.
That is very nice and decent of you, shows you have a big heart, integrity and a strong honest character and I would be very pleased to shake your hand.

It' doesn't take much to have something go wrong then have it turned around.

I don't know how old honda610 daughter is, but my grand kids are forbidden to go near semi auto's, so this whole deal maybe a blessing without knowing it.

To honda610 still look into this guy,has to be guys out that way on AO that know him, either way crap like this comes back to bite you when you least expect it.

JD
Old 11-17-2019, 12:04 PM

Yes sir. I agree I have been in contact with some members who have tried to contact him via different numbers etc. He has disconnected his phone. The RCMP are involved.
As for my daughter she is 8 and loves every thing hunting. So this gun will be awsome for her ! She cant wait to turn ten so she can get her hunting license. She has shot semis before. But always with me right behind her. Again thanks for the help and generous gift from Immigrant. A true gentleman.
Take care out there Merry Christmas
Old 11-17-2019, 02:03 PM

Default Faith in Human Nature

Restored.......God bless you!
Old 11-22-2019, 04:32 PM

Did you get a last name?

Did you speak with the guy on the phone at all? If so, did he have an accent?

Can't be too many Brad's who are heavy duty mechanics from Okotoks
Old 11-22-2019, 07:38 PM

He is still logging on to the forum. brad8210: Last Activity: 11-19-2019 07:22 AM
Old 11-22-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
He is still logging on to the forum. brad8210: Last Activity: 11-19-2019 07:22 AM
And the 597 .22 is still for sale....
Old 11-22-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
I have a brand new never fired Chiappa Double Badger .22/410 combo in my safe that I have never and probably will never use. I will gladly give it to your daughter....for free....
But it’s not pink.
Nice
Old 11-22-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
And the 597 .22 is still for sale....
Who is the AO member that can bring up your IP address and then track it to his home? He did this with some sales guy in the past.
WDF
Old 11-22-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Da Fisherman View Post
Who is the AO member that can bring up your IP address and then track it to his home? He did this with some sales guy in the past.
WDF
IIRC, Silverdoctor, he......umm, has departed, I believe.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 11-22-2019, 08:47 PM

This is Clay and I work at prophet river. We have pink 597 in the shop. PM me your email, name, phone, address, PAL# and date of birth and we will send you out one for free. Or, email me at csmiley@prophetriver.com
This is what we have:
https://store.prophetriver.com/remin...-20-mfg-80854/
Old 11-22-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakoAlberta View Post
This is Clay and I work at prophet river. We have pink 597 in the shop. PM me your email, name, phone, address, PAL# and date of birth and we will send you out one for free. Or, email me at csmiley@prophetriver.com
This is what we have:
This is going to be her best Christmas ever!!! 2 long skinny boxes under the tree. What could it possibly be...?
Old 11-22-2019, 08:55 PM

Some really awesome people on this site!!! Bravo Clay!!!

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 11-22-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
This is what we have:
You have always been a truly classy guy. Just one more example of how different and better u are. You truly elevate both the business u are in and the world u touch.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
This is what we have:
Killed a real nice WT last week with the Wby I bought from you couple years back, glad I bought it off you. Heckuva gesture!!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 11-22-2019, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
This is what we have:
Hat’s off Sir! You have earned my and my friends’ business.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
This is what we have:
A very classy gesture , but after dealing with Clay for many years, it's not at all surprising to see him do this.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:16 PM

For being such a crappy beginning this thread is awesome!

Heck of a gesture Clay!
Old 11-22-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda610 View Post
Yes sir. I agree I have been in contact with some members who have tried to contact him via different numbers etc. He has disconnected his phone. The RCMP are involved.
As for my daughter she is 8 and loves every thing hunting. So this gun will be awsome for her ! She cant wait to turn ten so she can get her hunting license. She has shot semis before. But always with me right behind her. Again thanks for the help and generous gift from Immigrant. A true gentleman.
Take care out there Merry Christmas
Wow! A few great guys (actually a lot) on here yet!

If you wanted to make that Little Badger pink, or pink camo, it shouldn't be too hard.

I've painted a couple things camo with Krylon, and it's fairly tough and adheres well. One was my Suzuki, and while it hasn't been driven lots, the paint has been pretty good. Another was a polymer pistol. Just two toned it the plastic frame after I reshaped it slightly.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 11-23-2019, 10:04 AM

Looks like a good Christmas, after all.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:28 AM

Is this really an AO thread, starting to feel warm all over. Thoughtful and classy move gents
Old 11-23-2019, 04:23 PM

Thanks to all of the Ao members who have shown awsome human spirit. We have recieved so much help and great advice from so many. The generosity has been overwhelming from Immagrants offer to Ro Cc who just mailed me his daughters .22 she has outgrown. Now to Clay's offer. I cant thank you all enough. I have to pay this forward somehow.
In the circumstances of all this, it has shown me there are still honest folks out there. My wife and I are extremely humbled.
I was thinking if anyone in the Ao Community who has a wife or child who needs a Pal course. Contact me via PM and I will put on a non restricted Pal course for them. At no charge. It would take some organization and planning but I was talking with my wife and she and I think this could be a good way to give back.
Thanks again to everyone, the guys who helped try and track the guy down to the generous offers to the Mods support.
Merry Christmas to everyone on AO
Old 11-23-2019, 04:36 PM
AO Sponsor

If you PM'd Clay he is at the shop today but not on AO. He said he will check his personal PM's tonight late after work. He wanted me to put this up in case you might be wondering why he has nor responded to a message. MK
Old 11-23-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
If you PM'd Clay he is at the shop today but not on AO. He said he will check his personal PM's tonight late after work. He wanted me to put this up in case you might be wondering why he has nor responded to a message. MK
And this here is why Prophet River is in my opinion the finest retail store of any kind in Canada, and I don't even think it's close. I could tell story after story of how they go above and beyond.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:37 PM

What a classy move Clay. You have always treated me very good in any dealing I have had with you and your staff, but this generosity is outstanding.

You get my vote for outstanding AO sponsor.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks to all of the Ao members who have shown awsome human spirit. We have recieved so much help and great advice from so many. The generosity has been overwhelming from Immagrants offer to Ro Cc who just mailed me his daughters .22 she has outgrown. Now to Clay's offer. I cant thank you all enough. I have to pay this forward somehow.
In the circumstances of all this, it has shown me there are still honest folks out there. My wife and I are extremely humbled.
I was thinking if anyone in the Ao Community who has a wife or child who needs a Pal course. Contact me via PM and I will put on a non restricted Pal course for them. At no charge. It would take some organization and planning but I was talking with my wife and she and I think this could be a good way to give back.
Thanks again to everyone, the guys who helped try and track the guy down to the generous offers to the Mods support.
Merry Christmas to everyone on AO
That’s what this is all about! This was another good life lesson for my daughter also. God bless.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
And this here is why Prophet River is in my opinion the finest retail store of any kind in Canada, and I don't even think it's close. I could tell story after story of how they go above and beyond.
Agreed. Clay is absolutely fantastic. Prophet River is always my first choice when I’m looking to spend money on rifles and accessories. I’ve never heard of anyone who has had an issue that Clay hasn’t taken care of.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:06 PM

Wow! What a great thing to do Clay. You have a great shop as well, always enjoy my trips there.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:53 PM

Good job everyone on making a negative a positive!

PCFGA on Facebook
Old 11-24-2019, 12:22 AM

What truly impresses .e is just how many people have stepped forward on this thread and offered very generous support. You actually see this fairly often here on AO. It really does prove that the good people still far outnumber the bad ones.
Old 11-24-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
I have to pay this forward somehow.....
And this is what it is all about. I hope you and her have many hunting adventures together!
I was just paying it forward. There is a plumber on this forum, who helped me numerous times, and he referred me to a friend, also on this forum, whose advice and expertise probably saved me close to $30,000 + in future damages. They took time out of their day/night to type up lengthy pm’s to reply to my questions and concerns.
There are not many people that go out of their way for a stranger. So for me, paying it forward is a small price to pay.
Merry Christmas!!

Last edited by Immigrant; 11-24-2019 at 03:09 PM.