Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-06-2022, 09:57 PM

I agree with you, but it's wishful thinking. They printed a half trillion dollars out of thin air, balanced budgets aren't even a consideration for them.

Virtue signalling and doing nothing, that's the winning formula apparently.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-07-2022, 01:39 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

"Justin Trudeau getting serious about gun crime? Not on your life!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFBJcAx7GMQ
Old 06-07-2022, 02:21 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

The Sun's political columnists Brian Lilley, Lorrie Goldstein and Lorne Gunter look at Justin Trudeau's handgun ban and tells us why it won't be effective in curbing gun crime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rztt2dkUZL8
Old 06-08-2022, 02:40 PM
Banned

Arrow

Trudeau makes legal handgun owners pay for the sins of others

“We have not targeted legal gun owners with this bill, and legal gun owners are not affected by this bill because we respect legal gun owners.” While paraphrased, that is the gist of comments made by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in a video news clip for Global News after making his announcement of new firearms control laws on May 30, 2022.

His position is an interesting one since the only people who will see the financial value of their firearms drop to zero, and who will ultimately be forced to surrender their firearms for no money — either in person or by proxy via executor of their estates — are legal gun owners.

The whole plan as laid out by Trudeau just smacks of cynicism and political opportunism. Trudeau claims that legal handguns are so dangerous that something needs to be done about them immediately; presumably, because thugs are shooting up places like downtown Toronto and 15-year-old criminals there are being found with illegal handguns.

So, what does he do? He decides that legal gun owners must be prevented from obtaining any more legally, but allows them to keep their existing guns. If anything, this proves what everybody with actual knowledge on the issue already knows: namely, that legal handguns and their owners are not a societal problem.

While this legitimate use of legal handguns will die out in Canada as a result of Trudeau’s new rules, the shootings and violence perpetrated by thugs with illegally obtained handguns will continue unabated as they are completely beyond the reach of these new rules.

https://www.thesudburystar.com/opini...sins-of-others
Old 06-09-2022, 01:15 PM
Banned

Arrow

Liberals Choose Unicorns Over Reality – Always

Justin Trudeau, Marco Mendicino and Bill Blair love to play silly bugger with RCMP-vetted licensed firearm owners, but the Liberals’ three stooges conveniently (and completely) ignore the true menace to public safety.

In the past seven days – June 1-7 – news outlets report that 28 repeat offenders, all sought for committing other crimes, were also charged with 54 counts of breaching their Firearm Prohibition Orders.

If this pace keeps up, June 2022 will break the record for armed violent criminals charged with violating firearm prohibition orders in a single month.

https://web-extract.constantcontact....Bj7zIQUsCI49II
Old 06-09-2022, 01:41 PM
Banned

Arrow

TheGunBlog.ca

SECU May Vote on Anti-Handgun OIC Next Week After Today’s Failed Attempt

Source: Canada Gun Rights News: Week of 2022 June 06

TheGunBlog.ca — A Liberal Member of Parliament on SECU tried and failed today to help Trudeau activate his Order in Council (OIC) to kill the legal handgun market as soon as possible.

SECU = House of Commons Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security.

Details

• At today's SECU meeting, Liberal MP Taleeb Noormohamed failed to get the unanimous support he wold have needed for the committee to even consider a motion to approve the anti-handgun regulations.

• Noormohamed cited the "run on handguns" to propose the motion and derail questions to Minister Marco Mendicino.

• The SECU chair said the committee will consider a motion to approve the regulations at its next meeting on June 14. (Our understanding is that a simple majority would be enough for the motion to pass. The committee of 12 MPs is comprised of 6 Liberals, 1 NDP, 1 Bloc Quebecois, and 4 Conservatives.)

• Watch the House of Commons video starting at 11:24.

Senate Update

• A Senate staffer told me today the regulations haven't yet been referred to any committee.

• The proposed regulations appear in the Journals of the Senate on June 1.

Why It Matters

• Handgun owners and businesses are on edge over when Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will begin his crackdown by activating the regulations by Order in Council (OIC).

• Under one scenario with the help of SECU and the Senate, Trudeau could trigger the OIC any day.

• He said May 30 when presenting the crackdown that he expects the OIC in the fall.
Old 06-09-2022, 05:36 PM

Just got a PAL renewal in the mail for my mother...

She has been dead 10 years......
Old 06-09-2022, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post

Now would be a great time for her to buy some pistols...
Old 06-09-2022, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Now would be a great time for her to buy some pistols...
Yep. That's what a loving son would do, buy his mum some guns.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-09-2022, 10:20 PM

likely a far shot but does anyone know of a place that might still have a bit of inventory or handguns? I was away and have obviously missed out as most places I have checked are completely sold out.

thanks in advance
Old 06-09-2022, 10:57 PM

Frontier firearms has a few left
Old 06-10-2022, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNOutdoorsman View Post
likely a far shot but does anyone know of a place that might still have a bit of inventory or handguns? I was away and have obviously missed out as most places I have checked are completely sold out.

thanks in advance
Tenda Canada out of Ontario has a few:

P-09 Kadet 22 LR (I bought one for $599 yesterday; $649 today, lol)
CZ P-10 F Optic Ready 9mm
CZ P-10 SC 9mm
CZ P10 F 9mm
Shadow Systems DR920P Elite 9mm
Magnum Research Desert Eagle 44 Mag

There are also a few IWI, Grisan, and Norinco handguns in stock; as well a couple of “classic” Beretta’s, and a few others.
Old 06-10-2022, 07:52 AM

Quote:

thanks in advance
There is a SIG 320 on the buy and sell...
Old 06-10-2022, 08:07 AM

Marstar still have some Uberti/Pieitta revolvers for sale few semiautos of various brands
Old 06-11-2022, 12:01 AM

Prophet River posted that they updated their site to just show you what’s left in stock all on one page.
Old 06-11-2022, 02:33 PM

I seen this posted made me laugh thought I’d share lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2022, 07:17 PM

Dr Gary Mauser being interviewed by Anthony Furey on his Full Comment Podcast. LInks to this were also published in the Calgary Herald and the National Post in the last week. Pretty well fleshes out the situation;

https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/e5...wners%E2%80%99
Old 06-13-2022, 09:01 PM

Runkle explaining the dangers of the red flag provisions of C21, there is no mechanism to prevent malicious intent from having the law come down on a gun owner, or anyone else for that matter. And zero recourse afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ72Ixilb7U
Old 06-14-2022, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
Runkle explaining the dangers of the red flag provisions of C21, there is no mechanism to prevent malicious intent from having the law come down on a gun owner, or anyone else for that matter. And zero recourse afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ72Ixilb7U
Someone should call in a "threatening people with a gun call" against a Liberal MP or two, so they can witness the fruit of their labor first hand.
Old 06-14-2022, 07:55 AM

Quote:

thanks in advance
You’ll just have to buy off the street corner now like the criminals are already doing.
Old 06-14-2022, 08:43 AM

Quote:

thanks in advance

https://northernelitefirearms.ca/pro...ory/hand-guns/

https://g4cgunstore.com/product-cate...dguns/pistols/

https://www.prairieguntraders.ca/doc...12-06-2022.pdf

https://store.prophetriver.com/all-handguns/
Old 06-14-2022, 11:11 AM

Best you can do, is keep watching the vendor page on CGN, see if someone posts what you want. There are also vendors not on CGN who are posting on FB, can't speak to Instagram or Twitter, as I limit what I follow on those two.
Old 06-14-2022, 11:39 AM

After things settle down a bit there will be more private sales owners don't want the hassle of selling right now, I know a few are having trouble getting transfer done.
Old 06-14-2022, 04:03 PM

It is still hard to get through, but I did manage again today to initiate transfer on 3 more. Just takes a whole lot of patience.

Old 06-19-2022, 04:00 PM
Banned

Arrow

Trudeau, Gun Bans & Mass Shootings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HXSJarSkfg&t
Old 06-19-2022, 06:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HXSJarSkfg&t

Short and to the point.

I like !
Old 06-21-2022, 12:03 AM

If posting links on here, please say a little bit about what it is about, ie; CCFR vid, CSSA notes, NFA commentary, etc.

From Calibre mag tonite;

We've compiled an extensive list of Parliamentarian emails; specifically those affiliated with the passage of Bill C-21 (the Minister, SECU, etc), as well as a list of all MPs whose seats could be considered vulnerable in the next election. In other words, it's everyone who will have input on Bill C-21, and everyone who should fear losing their seat in the next election if they vote to support Bill C-21. Some MPs are both, as it turns out.
We ask everyone to share this far and wide, with your gun shops, clubs, and hunting buddies, and reach out to as many people on this list as possible. Explain by Bill C-21 will not accomplish the goal of reducing gun violence, and instead criminalizes the lawful activity of licensed gun owners all over the country.
Lastly, all gun owners should ask to meet with your MP in person, in their constituency office, when the House rises for summer. Regardless of party affiliation, gun owners *must* be heard now, if ever.
We ask everyone to share this far and wide, with your gun shops, clubs, and hunting buddies and reach out to as many people on this list as possible. Explain by Bill C-21 will not accomplish the goal of reducing gun violence, and instead criminalizes the lawful activity of licensed gun owners all over the country. And endeavour to meet with your MP in person when the House rises for summer.

https://calibremag.ca/bill-c-21-who-...1gTn-V7Qi0qq7Y
Old 06-21-2022, 02:14 AM

A new study on guns bans, policies, effects, by Noah Schwartz, university of Fraser Valley. Covers all of C71 and may 2020 bans and the proposed stuff.
Big read, lots of references;

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10....4qILqYsCjpK7A&
Old 06-21-2022, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
A new study on guns bans, policies, effects, by Noah Schwartz, university of Fraser Valley. Covers all of C71 and may 2020 bans and the proposed stuff.
Big read, lots of references;

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10....4qILqYsCjpK7A&
Good read, but, of course, rational thought and decision making is not a skill enjoyed by the sock boy, it interferes with fatuous virtue signalling.
Old 06-21-2022, 08:47 PM

Interesting article from Hailfax on the RCMP investigation, and how they pandered to Trudope on it, like we didn't already know that. I'd like to hear more on the story of the RCMP paying him and the bikers off, but, no more word on that other than on update a long while back.

https://www.halifaxexaminer.ca/featu...forts/#respond