Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-02-2022, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Doesn't mean squat in this day and age. We will be lucky to have Daisy Red Ryders in 10 years with the Turd and his ilk ruining this country.
Old 05-02-2022, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
Doesn't mean squat in this day and age. We will be lucky to have Daisy Red Ryders in 10 years with the Turd and his ilk ruining this country.
Alternative is civil disobedience and non compliance. Who among us have the Balls for that ??

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 05-02-2022, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
There's no "rights" in canada to bear "arms".

Maybe one day there was. But this is trudope's canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
No this is YOUR Canada! You can do nothing or you can do something to change things. Giving up is not really an option! Though I know many have and THAT is what "they" are counting on.
That's not what I said or meant.
Old 05-02-2022, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Alternative is civil disobedience and non compliance. Who among us have the Balls for that ??

Grizz
The events of the last few years pointed Out there are very few. Many talk a big game but when the kings men show up and things get uncomfortable they are quick to turn on those standing for freedoms.
Old 05-02-2022, 02:09 PM

Thank you for linking the article. I enjoyed reading it.
Old 05-02-2022, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganderblaster View Post
The events of the last few years pointed Out there are very few. Many talk a big game but when the kings men show up and things get uncomfortable they are quick to turn on those standing for freedoms.
Old 05-02-2022, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Just the black plastic ones. They’re scary….
Exactly! Mine is so dangerous I have it chained up and locked in a 500# gun safe!
Old 05-02-2022, 10:02 PM

I gave myself the right

I'm just as important as some politician puke

I dont need permission from some idiot in Ottawa

I dont need anyones permission
Old 05-03-2022, 09:40 AM

Here’s an interesting chart of guy ownership worldwide
Out of date and I don’t know how accurate but it’s interesting to see where Canada is compared to other countries. Seeing that chart made me realize just how important it is to bear arms. We are one of the last 10 countries above 30% firearm ownership. It’s bad here compared to historical numbers and the states but it can always get worse. Need to hold the line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estima...ita_by_country
Old 05-07-2022, 07:01 PM

Default Gun Registry returns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep3-V2ufx3k
Old 05-07-2022, 07:48 PM

Default They Said Wouldn't Bring Back The Long Gun Registry .They Lied

Ian Runkle's YouTube channel couple hours ago on the OIC dated April 29,Will require a transfer title for ALL Non Restrict Firearms. Both at a License Store and any Private transactions.
Starts May 18th,2022. Love the lack of notice ,I am wondering why the People's Propaganda Network is not covering this .It plays right into the Stated Platform of the Liberal Party of Ontario during the run up to Ontarios Election.Thinking about 3 fingers is now need.
Old 05-07-2022, 08:51 PM

I never personallly believed that the LGR was ever destroyed.
I wqs tallking to a gunshow promoter yesterdaay, he had a very in depth converssaation with our new Allberta CFO.
Apperaantly she has committed to havin a rep at every gunshow to expedite transactions.
Cat
Old 05-08-2022, 12:15 AM

CCFR put up the court documents that can be released on the OIC case, witness statements ought to be interesting;

https://firearmrights.ca/property-justice/court-docs/

Libs are implementing the "transaction number" on gun sales PDQ, and there was a blurb about a 90 day buying permit being involved, that was never mentioned before, that I'm aware of. Could happen in about a week-10days, Mendicino is announcing something around that time period, we shall see what we shall see. Nothing good, I am sure.
Old 05-08-2022, 12:31 AM

There was talk of a "buyers 90day permit" coming out, which didn't make a lot of sense to me the way the blurb was worded, it may only be on restricted, but, with these guys, you never know, til it's announced. Whatever it is, first mention I've ever seen of it. I wonder what the response will be to requests from the gun shows across the country, to having the office manned during the shows to get the transaction numbers, as was suggested to be the "solution" by Goodale or Blair back a few yrs. Or did the 9mil spent at IBM include 24/7 operation of the system for this? I'm betting not.
Old 05-08-2022, 05:54 AM

How will they enforce the private sales??
Old 05-08-2022, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
How will they enforce the private sales??
They can't if the firearm was not previouslly registered and the current owner haas a legal PAL/RPAL, however this is supposed to stop the "straw man" type of sales where someone buys a gun legally then sells / gives it to someone who cannot buy a firearm .
pretty lame really, because the ones they are supposedly after are registered anyway. All it is going to do is create difficulty for gun shows.

It's Just another way to try and discourage legal firearms ownership, which I believe is the real goal of the federal Government concerning this debacle.
Cat
Old 05-08-2022, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I never personallly believed that the LGR was ever destroyed.
I wqs tallking to a gunshow promoter yesterdaay, he had a very in depth converssaation with our new Allberta CFO.
Apperaantly she has committed to havin a rep at every gunshow to expedite transactions.
Cat
No doubt this is correct. Pretty sure qeeeebec demanded a copy and intended to continue with the practice on a provincial basis. Not sure what happened in the end. I'm sure the original data is still intact somewhere. Just in case??
Old 05-08-2022, 08:26 AM

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results definition seems to fit here.

The real purpose of the LGR wasn't about crime it was to inventory firearm owners with the intent to ban guns by type one at a time pitting gun owners against each other. I have a friend who's an avid supporter of the AR type gun ban because they would never ban his passed down Browning semi 12Ga. the Liberal end game is to ban all guns period.

I have no doubt copies of the LGR are floating around although any data is over 10 years old and mostly useless, this latest attempt is very lame indeed.
Old 05-08-2022, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
No doubt this is correct. Pretty sure qeeeebec demanded a copy and intended to continue with the practice on a provincial basis. Not sure what happened in the end. I'm sure the original data is still intact somewhere. Just in case??
As I recall the Harper Govt, rescinded the LGR Quebec (I think) kept theirs and continues to use. The RCMP where to destroy all copies in remainder of Canada. Remember a year or 2 ago came out that the RCMP never did, o course breaking the law.. and I don’t think it’s been destroyed to this day.
Old 05-08-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCart View Post
As I recall the Harper Govt, rescinded the LGR Quebec (I think) kept theirs and continues to use. The RCMP where to destroy all copies in remainder of Canada. Remember a year or 2 ago came out that the RCMP never did, o course breaking the law.. and I don’t think it’s been destroyed to this day.
The High River flood of 2013 supports this ^^^^

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 05-08-2022, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCart View Post
Is it a surprise that the RCMP did not destroy the records as the lawful government ordered them to? Although it is outdated and pretty much useless now, those members of the RCMP should have faced criminal charges for not destroying the records, and they should have been fired and incarcerated once convicted.
Old 05-08-2022, 10:02 AM

100 % Agree!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Is it a surprise that the RCMP did not destroy the records as the lawful government ordered them to? Although it is outdated and pretty much useless now, those members of the RCMP should have faced criminal charges for not destroying the records, and they should have been fired and incarcerated once convicted.
Old 05-08-2022, 10:32 AM

This legislation is old news, but the implementation is new.

I won’t be participating. There’s no way to track where firearms are, as the legislation currently sits.
Old 05-08-2022, 10:37 AM

It can be abused for Identity Theft as described in this video, info submitted to seller for reference # of sale can assume identity and buy guns for illicit uses, tracked back to you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep3-V2ufx3k
Old 05-08-2022, 10:57 AM

Quote:
This is the strangest phenomenon. Dangerous actually. Because of this fraud, there are firearms out there registered to me that I no longer own. Can you imagine some of the ramifications to this?

-Billy Molls
Old 05-08-2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
This is the strangest phenomenon. Dangerous actually. Because of this fraud, there are firearms out there registered to me that I no longer own. Can you imagine some of the ramifications to this?
I had over 40 firearms registered to me , that I no longer own, do you imagine that the RCMP would be coming to ask me questions, if one of those firearms was used in a crime, and I was the last registered owner? Or even worse, perhaps they get a no knock warrant, kick in my door and murder me, as I sit at the table cleaning one of my firearms.
Old 05-08-2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I had over 40 firearms registered to me , that I no longer own, do you imagine that the RCMP would be coming to ask me questions, if one of those firearms was used in a crime, and I was the last registered owner? Or even worse, perhaps they get a no knock warrant, kick in my door and murder me, as I sit at the table cleaning one of my firearms.
That would neeeever happen.

-Billy Molls
Old 05-08-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:
And who is going to arrest them? RCMP protect themselves unless there is an immediate demand for a scapegoat. The criminal code even allows them to commit crimes while on duty. What exactly that means is up to the interpretation of their superiors and eventually a judge IF the professional standards division decides to proceed with any action.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 05-08-2022, 04:16 PM

This part makes no sense to me, from the CSAAA. Why do we have a PAL? what is this all about?

- Businesses and individuals wishing to sell a firearm will have the option to obtain a buyers license through the web services portal.
This buyers license will be valid for 90 days and buyers will be able to purchase as many non restricted firearms as they please in this time period.
- The buyer and seller must be consistent for each buyers license.
If a buyer wishes to purchase firearms from two separate establishments, they must obtain two separate buyers licenses.
- If the buyers license is revoked in the 90 days, the buyer will be notified and asked to contact their CFO. Many of our members operating in rural and remote areas do not have access to high speed internet.
Old 05-08-2022, 08:44 PM

Default C71

I think this is a part of Bill C71 that was not activated, until now.