Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-31-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.tinsmith View Post
I hate to say it but this election was decided by city folks and the change in demographics. The new coalition government will be corrupt and unorganized. Just wait for it. Hopefully it is short lived.
Unfortunately, I don't think it will be short lived, because it's not a 'loose coalition' ... the NDP and Greens have signed a binding, four year contract to form a government together. Unless something very unusual happens, BC is in for four (4) years of an NDP/Green government, with the Liberals sitting in opposition.

Selkirk
Old 06-01-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
So what your saying is you are ok with lying thieves so long as they aren't called NDP?? In case you missed it, in the last 16 years ALL the liberals have done is increase my cost of living and managed to sell off or privatize about everything they could. All while soaking in millions and millions in political donations...but they aren't the NDP that did bad things what 30 years ago?? Gotta wonder at that logic.
Actually what I've seen in the last 16 years is a province that has done very well for itself and the people living here. I think you have spent to much time reading the Tyee and listening to your Union reps
Old 06-01-2017, 12:46 PM

The Greens and the NDP will turn BC into a have not province. A province can't survive on retired people, housing bubble and tourists alone.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think it will be short lived, because it's not a 'loose coalition' ... the NDP and Greens have signed a binding, four year contract to form a government together. Unless something very unusual happens, BC is in for four (4) years of an NDP/Green government, with the Liberals sitting in opposition.

Selkirk
Don't see it working long term... contracts are broken all the time.

'round about 2 years in the NDP will do something that the Green's think can be their moment in the sun to oppose, and an election will be triggered.

This is a marriage of convenience. The Green Party will milk it for all the Publicity and legitimizing PR they can get (they don't even have official party status in BC right now) and then vote non-confidence when they feel they are on the upstroke.

Minority governments are my favorite type of government. They hardly get anything done.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
So what your saying is you are ok with lying thieves so long as they aren't called NDP?? In case you missed it, in the last 16 years ALL the liberals have done is increase my cost of living and managed to sell off or privatize about everything they could. All while soaking in millions and millions in political donations...but they aren't the NDP that did bad things what 30 years ago?? Gotta wonder at that logic.
Yet Jim we are the most prosperous province in Canada, Ranked #1 for a few years.

So even if they are getting rich off the "donations", the province is doing great. Your cost will go up even more now:

- $10 day care
- $15 min wage
- Free bridges
- Millions into the drug overdoses
- Elimination of the MSP
- Elimination of the "Trophy" Grizzly Hunt
- The NDGreens are also proposing that the next election be in the FALL 2021, so we get 4.5 years of these jokers.
- Stopping Kinder Morgan
- Cancelling Site C - which, if done, is estimated to cost the tax payers of BC 4+ Billion with nothing to show for it ( I am not in favour of it, but I think it is beyond the point of no return)
- "studying" Fracking.....which, if the NDGreens get their way, will probably be banned.....
- $5/year Carbon Tax....which will cause EVERYTHING to go up
- Welfare going up
- oh and best, they are going to select a few who do not want to work to see if they can get by on a basic income, even if they don't work for it.

I will ask you, where will all the money come from to pay for all this stuff that *****gan and Dr. Groupy are proposing to do in this province?? It will not be coming from business, as most will be leaving FAST, or closing up due to $15 min wage. The rich will just bury it someplace where the NDGreens cannot touch it and the "refuse to work" will be getting more money, so it cannot come from them....so guess who will be paying for all this.....

The province is for a world of hurt.....

Cheers

SS