Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-17-2021, 03:12 PM

Default Cambell river fishing recommendations?

Does anybody know a charter / guide they would recommend?
Old 04-18-2021, 04:32 PM

Island pursuit sportfishing. He runs out of comox but Steve is awesome....top notch outfit.
Old 04-18-2021, 07:03 PM

If you want to go fully guided you can’t beat Brant Peniuk out of Campbell River. Great guy and he knows how to catch fish.

https://peniukssportfishing.com/

I lived in Campbell River for 35 years and there is a lot of guides I wouldn’t use.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:32 PM

https://www.kolksportfishing.com/ call Dan Kolk. He's your man and a beauty.
Old 07-23-2022, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
If you want to go fully guided you can’t beat Brant Peniuk out of Campbell River. Great guy and he knows how to catch fish.

I lived in Campbell River for 35 years and there is a lot of guides I wouldn’t use.
My brother fished with him with his wife and kids today limited out on 5 Chinook non stop action, then off to fish cod.Said he was exceptionally patient with the kids and just an all around top notch guy. I sent him that way directly from this post. Thanks!
Old 07-23-2022, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganderblaster View Post
My brother fished with him with his wife and kids today limited out on 5 Chinook non stop action, then off to fish cod.Said he was exceptionally patient with the kids and just an all around top notch guy. I sent him that way directly from this post. Thanks!
Glad I could help. Brant’s a great guide and a all-around decent dude. Cheers!
Old 07-24-2022, 07:31 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Island pursuit sportfishing. He runs out of comox but Steve is awesome....top notch outfit.
Yes, was out with them last year, Chris was our guide and we really had a great day on the water, caught lots and laughed lots, great charter.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-24-2022, 07:34 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:

Heading to the island probably in August to visit family in Campbell River, might treat them to a day out in the water with this charter, thx for the information.

Old 07-24-2022, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Heading to the island probably in August to visit family in Campbell River, might treat them to a day out in the water with this charter, thx for the information.
Good luck! I'm at Nootka early August and then I'm staying on Comox for week. Going to hit the rivers up during that week.
Old 07-24-2022, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Good luck! I'm at Nootka early August and then I'm staying on Comox for week. Going to hit the rivers up during that week.
You should get out Tyee rowing in the pool for a tide with Brant. The Tyee club opens July 15th and while the best fishing is from mid-August to close Sept 15th there is still a great chance at hooking up and getting your name in the club. Brant has rowed a lot of Chinook over the years and he has great gear.

Another great guide is Gene Berkey at Sea Beyond Adventures LTD. Gene has lived in Campbell River all his life and has been a fishing nut since he was a kid. He’s also rowed a pile of fish over the last 35+ years.

Both are stand-up dudes that are the best of the best at what they do.
Old 07-24-2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
You should get out Tyee rowing in the pool for a tide with Brant. The Tyee club opens July 15th and while the best fishing is from mid-August to close Sept 15th there is still a great chance at hooking up and getting your name in the club. Brant has rowed a lot of Chinook over the years and he has great gear.

Another great guide is Gene Berkey at Sea Beyond Adventures LTD. Gene has lived in Campbell River all his life and has been a fishing nut since he was a kid. He’s also rowed a pile of fish over the last 35+ years.

Thanks man! I just might do that. I'm there during pretty prime time. August 3 to 10. Three times I've hit 29.5 but never over 30 yet. To do it the "official" way... that sounds good to me.
Old 07-24-2022, 09:40 AM

Quote:

Gonna do this, sat there a few years ago and seen the bell ring a few times, great people to sit and chat with!
Wife says she want to do it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk