Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-02-2020, 10:59 AM

Default Land Sale

Apparently it is now done.

I have a phone call in to my MLA to ensure they understand that I am not happy.

https://apple.news/AMtoK3ISVQw2_MskmwhqKyg

Oh. And yeah, I tried to get the premier’s office before the sale went through, but with the present crisis they weren’t able to get back to me. I am extremely disappointed. This is the sort of crap that got us an NDP government last time. They need to learn or we will have another NDP government. Typical old boys backroom crap.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:05 AM
Banned

Very shifty. 460k is less than 4 MLA salary for 1 year. Would like to know of any connections between the Buyer and the government.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:22 AM

how much land was sold

if only a quarter or more too bad the locals did not get a chance to match the offer in 3 or 4 months to keep it public land
Old 04-02-2020, 11:24 AM
Banned

Is this the SAME less than a quarter section piece of land that was talked about before?
The one that was full of non native vegetation and that has been a pasture quarter for who knows how long?
Old 04-02-2020, 11:26 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohn87 View Post
Very shifty. 460k is less than 4 MLA salary for 1 year. Would like to know of any connections between the Buyer and the government.
Really???...how do you know it was " shifty"?... and what the heck does the price have to do with MLA salaries????…..I heard the buyer was a huge foreign corporation that was going to grow potatoes there and use all the people that were getting their guaranteed income every month to hill the potatoes for them....there....that oughta do it......
Old 04-02-2020, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Really???...how do you know it was " shifty"?... and what the heck does the price have to do with MLA salaries????…..I heard the buyer was a huge foreign corporation that was going to grow potatoes there and use all the people that were getting their guaranteed income every month to hill the potatoes for them....there....that oughta do it......
Those terrible people trying to grow food for people to eat lol
Old 04-02-2020, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
I thought the potato land was a deal from 6 or 7 years ago that got cancelled and this land was sold to the lease holder? There was another thread about this and that’s what the gripe was, the leaseholder was going to buy it and it was real hush hush, it was announced right after Minister Nixon said not one acre of crown land would be sold, then had to clarify after this land sale announcement that he meant not one acre of Alberta parks.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:27 PM
Banned

Less than a1/4 section of non-native, marginal pasture in the middle of cultivated, privately owned land. And we have a problem with this. It’s been going on ever since the first parcel of grass was broke in Alberta.
I’m pretty sure there are bigger problems to worry about
Old 04-02-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boah View Post
Less than a1/4 section of non-native, marginal pasture in the middle of cultivated, privately owned land. And we have a problem with this. It’s been going on ever since the first parcel of grass was broke in Alberta.
I’m pretty sure there are bigger problems to worry about
EXACTLY! Bunch of butthurts.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:56 PM

Default Lol

So as outdoors folks, your all good with selling off land without public input? Unless of course its land beside yours i bet.
To the OP, thanks for making me aware, it’s something we need to keep an eye on for sure!
Old 04-02-2020, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl View Post
So as outdoors folks, your all good with selling off land without public input? Unless of course its land beside yours i bet.
To the OP, thanks for making me aware, it’s something we need to keep an eye on for sure!
Nope. We had our input last election. Next election we can have our input once again.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl View Post
Wouldn't give two ****s.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:58 PM

Default Yeah

Exactly what I figured from ya.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:30 PM
Banned

Changing a single lake from having a 15 perch limit to 14 would have more impact than this sale
Old 04-02-2020, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boah View Post
Nope. We had our input last election. Next election we can have our input once again.
You understand you dont elect a dictator for 4 years do you? You elect someone and then put them to task. It's ok to challenge them. Theres too many fan boys out the ready to defend just cause they think they're conservative. Kenney and crew our crooks. But not all of them and by challenging and standing up for things that bother us we can make change. Maybe next time we wont just have a choice between corrupt thieves and hippies. But I have a feeling Kenney will cook the books again!
Old 04-02-2020, 06:50 PM
Banned

They can’t ask for the citizens approval on everything,especially minor stuff, or nothing will get done. It was well known that this was going to happen, I guess there weren’t enough signatures to stop it.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:14 PM

Crown land has been for sale for years .Most people complaining about this arent affected by this sale .Maybe right a letter or two in protest to your MLA and get your buddies to also .Make noise and maybe with a loud enough sound we can change things.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushbug View Post
Crown land has been for sale for years .Most people complaining about this arent affected by this sale .Maybe right a letter or two in protest to your MLA and get your buddies to also .Make noise and maybe with a loud enough sound we can change things.
The UCP doesn't feel they need to respond to constituents, emails or phone calls apparently!
I keep sending emails with no response.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmitty27 View Post
The UCP doesn't feel they need to respond to constituents, emails or phone calls apparently!
I keep sending emails with no response.
They might have other priorities right now.