Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-27-2024, 07:55 AM

Default Richland Arms model 200 410 sxs

So recently I picked up a Supreme Ibargun SXS in 410 (Richland Arms model 200 I believe) bought it site un seen on a local auction and after getting my hands on it, it appears it may have some issues. To open the action it requires a bit more force then i would expect and in doing so the stock flexes a bit where it meets the action. At the moment the stock does not appear like its going to break right away but I cant seen this being a good thing down the road. My questions are who who be a good choice to send the shotgun to for inspection and possible repair in Alberta or Saskatchewan and where would be a good place to start looking for a replacement stock should it be needed (USA or Canada). I can possibly return it as the description was incorrect but before I make that call I would like to weigh in all my options as i like the gun.
Thank you in advance
Old 02-27-2024, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktrick View Post
So recently I picked up a Supreme Ibargun SXS in 410 (Richland Arms model 200 I believe) bought it site un seen on a local auction and after getting my hands on it, it appears it may have some issues. To open the action it requires a bit more force then i would expect and in doing so the stock flexes a bit where it meets the action. At the moment the stock does not appear like its going to break right away but I cant seen this being a good thing down the road. My questions are who who be a good choice to send the shotgun to for inspection and possible repair in Alberta or Saskatchewan and where would be a good place to start looking for a replacement stock should it be needed (USA or Canada). I can possibly return it as the description was incorrect but before I make that call I would like to weigh in all my options as i like the gun.
Thank you in advance

A lot depends on what the gun is worth and what you paid for it. Is it worth spending 3-600 bucks on? If you think it is I would contact FPS from right here on AO and talk to him about what makes sense.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:29 AM

I would give the gun a good clean and lube, these guns cock on opening, and if the mechanism is dry or rusty, it can greatly increase the effort required to open the action.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I would give the gun a good clean and lube, these guns cock on opening, and if the mechanism is dry or rusty, it can greatly increase the effort required to open the action.
Very good point. I agree. To be honest, I presumed that would have already been done and this was now next steps.
Old 02-27-2024, 12:38 PM

Thank you for the responses when I go to town next I’ll look around for some thin blade screwdrivers, a quick look at the trigger plate screws and I’m confident what screw drivers I have will only mar the screws.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:30 PM

May want to look at ordering hollow ground gunsmith soecic drivers. It is what I use and they are a real game changer at keeping gun screws in perfect condition.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:27 PM

Thanks for the reply’s, I picked up the Wheeler 89piece hollow ground screwdriver set and was able to take apart the little sxs. The crack was worse than I thought and a chunk of wood fell out when the trigger plate came off but with a small syringe, some gorilla glue and a clamp I think I my still have a functioning grouse gun. Time will tell if the repair was any good
Old 03-26-2024, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
May want to look at ordering hollow ground gunsmith screwdrivers. It is what I use and they are a real game changer at keeping gun screws in perfect condition.
^^^ this^^^
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.