Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-25-2017, 02:08 PM
Banned

Default Rechargable double a batteries

Does anybody have experiences with these batteries and which brands for charger and batteries.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly 12 View Post
Does anybody have experiences with these batteries and which brands for charger and batteries.
The only brand of battery to get are Eneloops by Panasonic. Either the regular in white or the "pro" in black. I just use the regular white types.

Don't even bother with any other brands. Anything else will waste money over the long term. Eneloops will hold a charge for years.

Buy them from Walmart, Dell.ca or best of all from Panasonic Canada's website. On sale today (last day) with free shipping. The charger + 4 AA batts are on sale as well.

https://shopping (DOT)panasonic.ca
Old 12-25-2017, 03:12 PM

I’ve had great success with EBL high capacity NiMH ones. I bought through Amazon. Hold charge for a long time and good in cold weather.

I use mine in my camera kits and flash, as well as in LED light packs.

Used occasionally in GPS and trail
Cameras. Always good performance and most of them are on their 2 nd year of pretty use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2017, 03:13 PM
Banned

I have some Duracell and Energizers that have rivaled anything I have bought in the hobby industry.
For $8 I just bought a pack of 4 from Ikea. So far they seem to be working pretty good. Biggest thing to consider with batteries is their use. Buy what you can afford to use.

For chargers I have everything from the $4 Ikea charger that runs off of USB and does two batteries at a time all the way to a $500 touch screen charger that will charge virtually any type of battery out there.