Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-20-2017, 07:34 AM

Thumbs down Pro-Line Shooters Robbed

It looks like some degenerate(s?) managed to somehow rip off the security bars at Pro-Line in Inglewood in the early morning hours and possibly made off with some inventory. I'm pretty sure they lock the pistols away elsewhere at night so hopefully none of those got swiped. Never a good thing when a gun shop gets hit.

http://www.660news.com/2017/12/20/su...bbery-calgary/
Old 12-20-2017, 07:39 AM

They should cut the hands off these people once they get them.

No “rehabilitation”
Old 12-20-2017, 08:17 AM

wow in the article no mention of what store was broken into, these thieves are getting bold
Old 12-20-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
wow in the article no mention of what store was broken into, these thieves are getting bold
Not sure where you're from or if you're familiar with them so I'll expand with a description. Pro-Line is the only gun shop in the area for a good distance and the, it's an older shop with signature creaky floors you don't get these days (save for Bashaw Sports of course). They have a gunsmith shop and tend to get lots of TV & movie production armorer work, most notably on westerns. The walls have photos of all kinds of celebrities with whom they've worked. It's a homey little shop and the staff & clientele have always been friendly, shame to see them being targeted by cretins.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 12-20-2017 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Not sure where you're from or if you're familiar with them so I'll expand with a description. Pro-Line is the only gun shop in the area for a good distance, it's an older shop with signature creaky floors you don't get these days (save for Bashaw Sports of course). They have a gunsmith shop and tend to get lots of TV & movie production armorer work, most notably on westerns. The walls have photos of all kinds of celebrities with whom they've worked. It's a homey little shop and the staff & clientele have always been friendly, shame to see them being targeted by cretins.
thanks for the update did not know it was the only gun store in the area, my go to is Bashaw, most of the time.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:50 AM

It's in a neighborhood called Inglewood, which is one of Calgary's older areas and is a trendy street of unique non-franchise shops on 9th Ave which is a feeder road in and out of downtown. The neighborhood grew around the railway line that still runs through it and is on the east side of the Elbow River right across from the original Fort Calgary from which the city sprung. Pro-Line even has a small room sub-let to a barber so you can even grab a haircut when you drop in. It's retail area is only about 30% the size of Bashaw Sports, so it's no behemoth. Come to think of it, considering how small it is it's a wonder they don't expand into the barber shop area, probably because that's how it's always been going back decades.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:58 AM

Staff there are very friendly, knowledgable and supportive of newbies like myself. Took my RPAL with them.

They also price competitively with the big box stores and are keen to order stuff in for you.

Hope insurance works out for them.

Matt

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2017, 07:54 PM

I didn't fully grasp the concept of "packed" until I visited Fly's Ect in their original location. It was legendary in there, but his new store is even better....it's like a miniature WSS with better service!

Sorry for the derail, hope they catch the losers who targeted Proline.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:26 PM

Default pro line

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
It's in a neighborhood called Inglewood, which is one of Calgary's older areas and is a trendy street of unique non-franchise shops on 9th Ave which is a feeder road in and out of downtown. The neighborhood grew around the railway line that still runs through it and is on the east side of the Elbow River right across from the original Fort Calgary from which the city sprung. Pro-Line even has a small room sub-let to a barber so you can even grab a haircut when you drop in. It's retail area is only about 30% the size of Bashaw Sports, so it's no behemoth. Come to think of it, considering how small it is it's a wonder they don't expand into the barber shop area, probably because that's how it's always been going back decades.
Yes for sure great little shop,good sevice,,550 22lr 36ers selling less than $40 you want to stock up for spring gopher---and the bridge is open across the river----
Old 12-20-2017, 08:52 PM

Default Proline theft

Apparently they were only able to get to the gun scopes due to security measures.
http://m.metronews.ca/#/article/news...-gun-shop.html
Old 12-21-2017, 06:50 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
They should cut the hands off these people once they get them.

No “rehabilitation”
Off any thief but what was stolen is sold for drugs or is about to...frustrating for sure.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-21-2017, 07:56 AM

Thanks for the update Operator John, it's nice to hear the thieves didn't manage to snag any firearms. Crappy they got away with whatever they managed to steal, but it certainly beats them getting a gun. I hope the forced entry damage wasn't too severe.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:24 AM

This wasn't a robbery but a burglary. When I saw the headline I thought that the shop had been robbed, which would have meant that there was a face-to-face altercation. It was burgled at night.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:11 AM

Too bad. I like that shop. Has an old time feeling. I've gotten some good deals on items that were surprisingly more expensive in the big box stores. Got a brand new Leupold VX3 scope cheaper than Bass Pro or Wholesale. That surprised me.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by operator john View Post
Apparently they were only able to get to the gun scopes due to security measures.
http://m.metronews.ca/#/article/news...-gun-shop.html
Good thinking on their part. Maybe the guys at the shooting edge could learn a thing or two about security from Chuck and his staff.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk