Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-29-2017, 09:05 PM

I got sent a Buddy instead of the big buddy as well. They are going to send out a big buddy heater now and I have to return the smaller unit. The guy mentioned that it was showing that it was going to ship a Mh9 again but told me if I get the smaller unit again to contact them and they would make it right.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:54 AM

I am in the same boat. I responded via both email and an on line chat. The on line chat said they would send me the proper one but I had to return the small one. The email said they would send me a new big buddy free of charge. But the shipping confirm said it was the small one. Normally I have no issues with amazon. This one is a snafu though.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:06 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sco22 View Post
I am in the same boat. I responded via both email and an on line chat. The on line chat said they would send me the proper one but I had to return the small one. The email said they would send me a new big buddy free of charge. But the shipping confirm said it was the small one. Normally I have no issues with amazon. This one is a snafu though.
This is exactly what happened to me. After I cancelled the second order and explained again why its wrong they said they would email me. After a day they said they would only refund the original price wich in my head was unacceptable after reading what some people are receiving. So i called in again and they where very set on no deal untill oddly enough I mentioned that on this forum multiple people are getting much better deals....silence.... hold sir. Ten minutes later they are refunding me the 80 bucks and giving me 100 credit on my card to purchase the correct one and also keep the small one. I finally won one!!!
Old 12-01-2017, 12:20 PM

Default wow

I can,t wait till Monday to see when my second one is supposed to be here

are we taking bets I get another mh9 ? lol
Old 12-01-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORV View Post

I'm betting you are. In the 15 times I explained what happened they were still trying to send the mh9. That's why I went with the refund route.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:07 PM
Banned

Princess Auto has the Big Buddy heater for $160

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...er/A-p8172462e
Old 12-01-2017, 05:00 PM

I have also received the wrong unit. what are people using for a phone number, I can't seem to find one. Thanks
Old 12-01-2017, 07:11 PM

877-586-3230. Or at the very bottom of the page is a customer service thing then after clicking us there is a contact us button on the side I believe.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:17 PM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun

So..... received another wrong heater again today
Ended up talking to three different people today ending up with the supervisor who finally supposedly has this straightened out after the second person I talked to today further confused the order. So here’s how it has supposedly worked out. I keep the first one free of charge, the second mh9 gets shipped back with the shipping label they emailed me. They credited my account with a gift card for the original order, now I’ve reordered the mh18b and they are in the process of adjusting the price to the original price paid and the credit will cover the bill for the new one so it’ll be a no charge for the correct heater. Just checked the new invoice and the balance owing is $0.00 so now I’m just waiting for it to be shipped
So hopefully it is done right this time

Make sure when talking to them to mention your part of an outdoors forum that members ordered a number of these heaters, it seems to encourage them to be more accommodating since they have screwed this up bigtime 😂
If the customer service rep your talking to doesn’t quite understand what’s going on just request to speak to a supervisor and they will transfer you. Supervisor has more authority to make this right and they are very helpful with this.
Good luck
Old 12-02-2017, 07:19 PM

This seemed to be such a great deal, but, they sent me the buddy heater also, when I called they said to buy the big buddy for 160, and they would refund me the difference, and the buddy is mine, big buddy is now on it's way to me, so we will see what comes back
Old 12-05-2017, 07:01 PM

Angry

Quote:

Guess what showed up folks? mh9

to make what has been a long story a little shorter.
I am sending back the first mh9 for a full refund on my credit card
the second one I keep for free. they also put a $100.00 credit
on my amazon account. works for me!

Last edited by ORV; 12-05-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:12 PM

But you still dont have what you really wanted Big Buddy.
Quote:

Guess what showed up folks? mh9

to make what has been a long story a little shorter.
I am sending back the first mh9 for a full refund on my credit card
the second one I keep for free. they also put a $100.00 credit
on my amazon account. works for me!
Old 12-06-2017, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
But you still dont have what you really wanted Big Buddy.
No big deal . already had a portable buddy I have two I can use now.

I ordered mainly because of the price. after two wrong ones I didn,t trust

them to get me the right one.with this forceast I wont be icefishing where I wanted anytime soon.

Orv.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:54 AM

After speaking with them in regards to correcting my order, they informed me that they would ship me the correct unit, and I should send the MH9 back...

Just checked my orders list... And it looks like another MH9 is on its way...
Old 12-07-2017, 10:58 AM

I am in the same boat. They offered me $30 off the current big buddy deal. But the current big buddy deal is $178. As of right now, I have 2 small ones and paid for only 1. Not sure what I will do next.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:09 AM

i just received this email, here is what they did for me.

Your estimated delivery date is:
Tuesday, December 12

Track your package Your order was sent to:

Shipment Details

Mr. Heater F274830 MH18B Big Buddy Grey Indoor-Safe Portable Propane Heater (4,000 , 9,000 and 18,000 BTU)
Sold by Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
CDN$ 82.03

Item Subtotal: CDN$ 82.03
Shipping and handling: CDN$ 5.90
FREE Shipping: -CDN$ 5.90
Tax Calculated (GST/HST): CDN$ 4.10
Tax Calculated (PST/QST): CDN$ 0.00
Total: CDN$ 86.13
Paid by Visa: CDN$ 86.13

and I get to keep the buddy heater
Old 12-07-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
After speaking with them in regards to correcting my order, they informed me that they would ship me the correct unit, and I should send the MH9 back...

Just checked my orders list... And it looks like another MH9 is on its way...
Same here. Except they said they cancelled the second mh9 order yet it still arrived. I used the chat to let them know and the guy said keep both and they refunded the original purchase. So I got 2 mh9's for free. Strange.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:59 PM

My third shipment is two days late, I’m betting it’ll be wrong too when it finally arrives
I won’t return the one mh9 until I see what does show up, the first mh9 they told me to keep free of charge
Old 12-11-2017, 07:07 PM

Ok, so after speaking to three different customer service reps and one one supervisor, they’ve finally resolved it to something that seems comparable to what the rest of you guys have been getting:
Initially, all they offered was a straight return/refund for both heaters, and when i told the CSR that i was part of an online forum and that there were about 20 different resolutions, she put me on hold and came back twenty minutes later with an offer of a $30 credit, plus returning and refunding both wrong heaters. I asked to speak to a supervisor and again, 20 minutes on hold later, finally spoke to someone, told him the story, and was told to keep one of the wrong heaters, I’ll get a refund for what I’ve paid and return the other one.
Not quite the same as some of the better deals that other members have gotten, but at least it’s something.. normally I’m not one to b*tch about needing something for nothing, but compared to other resolutions on here, i was offered nothing.
. i wanted one of the bigger heaters for a hunting blind, so i don’t know how much use I’ll get out of the smaller one. I guess we’ll see.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:39 PM

The correct big buddy heater showed up today, box was beat to crap but at least the heater seems to be okay. So this is how this all worked out, one mh9 for free, one mh9 to ship back on their dime, finally have the big buddy today, total investment of $82 and some change and I have two heaters, an mh9 and the mh18 finally. Plus a whole bunch of phone time wasting my time getting amazons screw ups straightened out. So am I impressed? Not really but at least it worked out in the end, hopefully now they don’t surprise me with more charges on my credit card
The rest of you, don’t settle for any less than what they did for me, it’s their errors etc that made such a mess of this not us
Old 12-11-2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
The correct big buddy heater showed up today, box was beat to crap but at least the heater seems to be okay. So this is how this all worked out, one mh9 for free, one mh9 to ship back on their dime, finally have the big buddy today, total investment of $82 and some change and I have two heaters, an mh9 and the mh18 finally. Plus a whole bunch of phone time wasting my time getting amazons screw ups straightened out. So am I impressed? Not really but at least it worked out in the end, hopefully now they don’t surprise me with more charges on my credit card
The rest of you, don’t settle for any less than what they did for me, it’s their errors etc that made such a mess of this not us
So I got the wrong heater for the second time, they are supposed to be getting back to me. I will be going for this deal for sure.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:38 AM

So....

Who wants to sell me a heater for cheap?

Lemme know.

HK
Old 12-13-2017, 03:23 PM

Second MH9 arrived today... The saga continues...
Old 12-13-2017, 09:53 PM

I went through a cluster as well received a 2nd Mh9 I offered to buy the first and I did. Tried the online help but got better results from phoning in. They ended up giving me the 2nd Mh9 for free but only after they refused to send out the proper heater. They were trying to buy me off with a ten dollar coupon through the online help before I finally got mad and phoned in.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:31 PM

My Big buddy heater arrived just fine, My Buddy heater is now a Christmas gift , Happy times
Old 12-17-2017, 02:33 PM

I see a bunch of members have been getting the run around from Amazon. When you talk to them ask for a supervisor, mention that you are part of the outdoors forum/group that has purchased a bunch of these heaters and that the post is being watched by almost 70,000 members and that they (amazon) have made it right for some members and have set a precedence by doing so and that every customer should be receiving the same treatment as others have had on here. When ordering this heater we entered into a purchase contract with amazon to buy the mh18 and through amazons error they shipped out multiple mh9 heaters by their own error not yours. The standard of getting to keep one mh9 for free was set by them and the shipment of the correct heater mh18 at no additional charge has been offered and received by other members of our group. Don’t settle for less in my opinion and remind them if that you will be posting any negative or positive feedback for other members to see and read on here. Amazon is the one who has made the mistake not you and they should be making it right equally for anyone who has ordered one. My feelings are just keep talking to them until your happy, I doubt very much they’d like the negative publicity that this could lead too. I’m happy with what they did for me but it did take a lot of time etc on the phone to get someone to get to this point. Some members even got a better settlement from amazon on here but I feel the free mh9 and the correct mh18 shipped and received is good enough for me. If you received a second mh9 they should provide you with a free shipping label to return it to them, at their cost not yours, that’s what they did for me and I shipped the second one back after receiving my mh18. I wouldn’t settle for any less than the free mh9 with the mh18 purchase.

Keep calm and don’t act threatening when talking to them but remember it’s the squeaky wheel method that can often get you the best results. If the person your talking too isn’t making you happy ask for someone else that will make you happy
Old 12-17-2017, 02:42 PM

Are those little buddies good for a 1 man tent?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 12-18-2017, 04:01 PM

Spoke with a very helpful customer service agent. The right heater should be on the way. Get to keep the wrong one and the other wrong one back to Amazon. Hopefully it's correct this time!
Old 12-18-2017, 04:36 PM

Alberta Outdoorsmen vs Amazon. This might make it into Rick Mercer show.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:57 PM

So I checked my account today. I am being shipped yet another MH9. Called once again and talked to a supervisor, finally have things straighter out hopefully. They are crediting my card for the original purchase, I bought the Big Buddy at regular price and they will credit my card for the difference between that price and the sale price of the original deal. Send two of the MH9’s back and keep the third one at no charge. Didn’t have to fight very hard to get that deal from the supervisor at all. Hopefully everyone else is able to get things sorted out properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk