Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-26-2017, 01:52 PM

yup screwed mine up too. if i send it back i get my refund (80$) + 100$ credit so i can buy the big buddy.

pain in the rear but worth it.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:48 PM

Mine too. Will be contacting them shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2017, 02:57 PM

Here's my latest. Talked to Amazon after receiving the little buddy. The guy said he'd send the correct one then i was to send back the little one. At the end of the conversation he says don't bother sending back the wrong one but that the correct one is being shipped. He said throw away the little one if I want!?? I'll keep you all posted on Friday when new one is supposed to arrive. I bet, if I get anything, it will be another little one. So worst case, 2 heaters for $78. Very strange.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
Here's my latest. Talked to Amazon after receiving the little buddy. The guy said he'd send the correct one then i was to send back the little one. At the end of the conversation he says don't bother sending back the wrong one but that the correct one is being shipped. He said throw away the little one if I want!?? I'll keep you all posted on Friday when new one is supposed to arrive. I bet, if I get anything, it will be another little one. So worst case, 2 heaters for $78. Very strange.

Are you referring to the mh9 (mr buddy) as the little one? Or did you actually receive the 4000btu little buddy? If so that's the worst yet as it wasn't described in the add or have a picture of it.

All of us have seemed to order the big buddy (18000btu) and received the 9000.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassett View Post
Are you referring to the mh9 (mr buddy) as the little one? Or did you actually receive the 4000btu little buddy? If so that's the worst yet as it wasn't described in the add or have a picture of it.

All of us have seemed to order the big buddy (18000btu) and received the 9000.
Yeah sorry. Mr buddy mh9 not little.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2017, 04:20 PM

Still waiting to sere what shows up. Was supposed to arrive today, but nothing yet.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:20 PM

Yep just picked up mine it's the mh9 said they we're sending me the mh18 by Nov.29 at no additional cost. Said nothing about returning the mh9. Guess we'll see. Man what a game of being put on hold every ten seconds.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:44 PM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun
Thumbs up

Just got the mh9 instead of the mh18
Update just got off the phone with amazon and I get to keep the mh9 and they’re shipping me the mh18 for free.
Just mention to customer service this deal and they will do the same thing for you too

Plus Amy said she would like to say sorry from amazon to all of the members on here that got the wrong order sent and that to call customer service if you have any problems at all

Last edited by mudbug; 11-27-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:07 PM

Default Heaters

I ordered 2 of the mh18 and mh9s showed up. I called customer service tonight and they won't do dick for me. I have to send them back to get my money back. Not happy, what a waste of time.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:01 PM

I predict an unusually high number of MH9 Buddy Heaters on the buy and sell soon
Old 11-27-2017, 08:06 PM

I think cabelas had a similar deal on the little buddy?
Old 11-27-2017, 08:41 PM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsman View Post
I ordered 2 of the mh18 and mh9s showed up. I called customer service tonight and they won't do dick for me. I have to send them back to get my money back. Not happy, what a waste of time.
Call them back, ask again and then if you don’t get any help ask for a supervisor and they should do something for you.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:18 PM

Portable buddy here as well. I will be talking to customer service in the morning. Will post what their solution is.
Canadian Shooting Sports Association Member Life Member
Old 11-28-2017, 07:42 AM

I received the portable buddy last night. A quick chat with Sreekanth on their chat feature this morning and he has sent me out a new heater at no cost and said to keep the original one. Looking at the details of the new order it looks like there are sending me another MH9BX but I guess that is better than nothing.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:06 PM

I received the MH9BX today. I just got off of the phone, and according to customer service, I keep this heater, and my credit card will be refunded the full amount of my purchase. In the end, I receive a free MH9BX heater for my time.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I received the MH9BX today. I just got off of the phone, and according to customer service, I keep this heater, and my credit card will be refunded the full amount of my purchase. In the end, I receive a free MH9BX heater for my time.
same
Old 11-28-2017, 05:53 PM

I also received the smaller one today. Just got off the phone with amazon, and they’re sending me out the MH18B with the fastest shipping possible. I checked the confirmation email she just sent out, and there’s a link that brings up a return shipping label for the smaller one that was delivered - says they have to receive it by Jan 4. I would imagine if they don’t get it by then, rhwy’ll Charge my credit card for it. So I’ll send it back once i get the bigger one.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:56 PM

Default bait and switch.

my ordered got screwed up also. I ordered 2, 1 for me and 1 for my buddy.

Called Amazon. They said I could return or keep the units and they would refund me another $20 per unit.

I decided to keep it and put the extra money back in my jeans. The smaller unit is , lighter and no fan (quieter for the ground blind), but can only hold 1 tank. I'm only go to heat a ground blind or ice hut so no real need for the larger unit.

$62 bucks all in and ship...not a bad deal.

Hope everyone else gets what they want
Old 11-28-2017, 07:36 PM

Default Heaters

What does your new order summary say for the replacement heaters? I've now called twice and they say they are sending me the MH18 but the replacement order is still showing the MH9 on my account. The lady assured me they would be the MH18. The call centre people at Amazon are all missing a chromosome!!
Old 11-28-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayquiver View Post
my ordered got screwed up also. I ordered 2, 1 for me and 1 for my buddy.

Called Amazon. They said I could return or keep the units and they would refund me another $20 per unit.

I decided to keep it and put the extra money back in my jeans. The smaller unit is , lighter and no fan (quieter for the ground blind), but can only hold 1 tank. I'm only go to heat a ground blind or ice hut so no real need for the larger unit.

$62 bucks all in and ship...not a bad deal.

Hope everyone else gets what they want

If you're concerned on how long a tank will last I believe a few pages back there's a quick convo on using a 20LB. Might interest you if you don't know already!
Old 11-28-2017, 07:38 PM

The email i got indicates they are replacing with the MH18B.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:00 AM

[QUOTE=Sportsman;3677885]What does your new order summary say for the replacement heaters? I've now called twice and they say they are sending me the MH18 but the replacement order is still showing the MH9 on my account. The lady assured me they would be the MH18. The call centre people at Amazon are all missing a chromosome!![/QUOTE

x 2 so does mine I asked her about it while still

on the phone & was told it will be the MH18. will see
Old 11-29-2017, 09:54 AM
Banned

Anyone want to sell/trade your extra heater.........give me a call
Old 11-29-2017, 09:56 AM

I just wanted to mention this Kerosene Heater as it's on sale now at HomeHardware. 125k BTU for $229 ($200) off. Seems like a great deal! 50k BTU on their site is more expensive!

http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/in...erosene+heater

"If life is tough, it's time to get stronger!" - Joel Runyon (reminder to myself)
Old 11-29-2017, 01:12 PM

[QUOTE=ORV;3678124]
Quote:
What does your new order summary say for the replacement heaters? I've now called twice and they say they are sending me the MH18 but the replacement order is still showing the MH9 on my account. The lady assured me they would be the MH18. The call centre people at Amazon are all missing a chromosome!![/QUOTE

x 2 so does mine I asked her about it while still

on the phone & was told it will be the MH18. will see
This happened to me. Waiting for a reply this afternoon.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:05 PM

Default Heaters

Did anyone actually ever receive the MH18 model?

Amazons computers have a glitch and although the customer service rep says they are shipping the MH18 it will default to the MH9. In the end they gave me a $200 credit and I am sending the 2 Mh9's they sent me back for a full refund.

I think you can now order the MH18 for around $180. What a gong show but they made it right!
Old 11-29-2017, 05:53 PM

I was also shipped the MH9.

The small one is going to work fine for me, so I took the offered 20% refund and kept the smaller unit.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Did anyone actually ever receive the MH18 model?

Amazons computers have a glitch and although the customer service rep says they are shipping the MH18 it will default to the MH9. In the end they gave me a $200 credit and I am sending the 2 Mh9's they sent me back for a full refund.

I think you can now order the MH18 for around $180. What a gong show but they made it right!
a credit on your credit card or a credit on amazon?
just checking as I am now sure I will have 2 as well come Monday.

Orv
Old 11-29-2017, 06:34 PM

Default Heaters

I got a 200 gift card and a full refund on the MH9's.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etownpaul View Post
I ordered shortly after this post first popped up. I was also shipped the portable buddy heater. I did the online chat thing and got nowhere so I had to call Amazon. I spent about 30 mins of complaining and refusing to send this unit back for a refund until I had proof the unit I payed for was on its way. They ended up sending me a refund label (so I get my $80 back once they get the unit back) for the portable one and crediting my account $125 towards a new one. So I ended up paying $20 for (what I hope is) a big buddy heater from a different Amazon vendor.

Not bad if it all works out.
Update, I have now received my MH18 big buddy heater. It came in a box that was slightly wet and falling apart. I thought for sure it was damaged but after carefully documenting the unpacking,everything is fine. I love how they just drop it off on your doorstep in it’s original box, no attempt made to disguise what it is to passers by.

All in all it was worth the hour of hassle I went through to get a $180 heater for $20 I suppose.