Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-28-2015, 02:02 PM

Default Pro rated range fees

Living in Saskatoon, I took up archery this year by ordering my bow in January. I'd like to join the local Saskatoon Wildlife Federation but they dont institute a pro-rated fee scale.

Fortunately, I have authorized use from a local land owner very near at no charge with unlimited access. This will go on until January at which time I may reconsider a membership with the SWF. I most definitely will have no problems with outdoor winter archery. May even purchase some X-country Skis and set up my own biathlon range for compound.

As for prorated fees - do you agree that if your club doesn't have it - IT SHOULD!
Old 06-28-2015, 02:16 PM

"As for prorated fees - do you agree that if your club doesn't have it - IT SHOULD! "

Yes they should. Either pro rate them by the month, or have memberships expire in the month purchased.
Ranges and clubs would see memberships grow if the membership fee for 12 months delivered 12 month's privilege's.
Many have memberships expire in Dec/Jan. the 2 months when many people are strapped for cash from the Christmas season and these memberships are low on the priority list of bills to pay.
It is quite common for many jobs to shut down for 2 to 3 weeks over Christmas , adding to the cash flow shortages.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:16 PM

I agree but I can see why it'd be a nightmare to keep a handle on who has an up to date membership and since most ranges are gate access with a combination lock it would prove to be a logistical night mare I think. Now if a range wanted to go to a key fob or electronic access I could see that working but would cost a hell of alot more then the 20 doller lock they hang on the gates
Old 06-28-2015, 03:37 PM

A simple expiry date on the membership card is all that is needed , just like your insurance, drivers license, and all those other cards.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:47 PM

Saskatoon has a magnet card lock system for the ranges. It expires, card shuts down. Just that simple. I also agree, more people would join without loosing $/use for what is left of the year.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:25 PM

Yes I agree they should. I think they would sell more memberships.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:41 AM

We do memberships Full year or winter/spring... summer/fall some are not interested in winter leagues and just want to shoot summer/fall on out door range...

Neil
Old 06-29-2015, 08:56 AM

Agree. You wouldn't want to give the wildlife federation a penny more than you have to.