Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 10-12-2013, 08:05 PM

Default Newbie question

Ok so I picked up my brand new diamond infinite edge yesterday and am wondering how to sight in the sight on it. Its just the standard one that came with it from Cabela's. I tried moving the green sight up a little but it didn't seem to work. Am I just better off going to a pro shop and getting help or is it something I can do myself?
Old 10-12-2013, 08:31 PM

You can certainly do it yourself however it may pay dividends to make sure your form is correct and the pro shop can help with that. If your form is not proper and consistent your going to fighting the accuracy battle
Old 10-12-2013, 08:46 PM

going to a pro shop will help immensely, they will show u the proper way to sight in your bow and u could use the info from that day forward, its the little tips and tricks that help u out a lot
Old 10-12-2013, 08:51 PM

Thanks I think I am going to see if I can get in at a shop tomorrow. I found on google how to move the sights and my form is pretty good as I had the bow set up from cabela's. Only issue I have and thankfully I got a arm band is turning my arm in too much and getting a smack. Will try and sight it in before hand if the shops are not open tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:59 PM

If you are hitting your arm when you shoot, I would say that is a form problem!! Unless of course you have hyperextended elbow, most prevalent in females but seen same on some guys. If so, Cabelas staff should have set you up with half inch to inch shorter draw length! Typical from inexperienced technical staff,IMOA!
Old 10-12-2013, 11:19 PM

I hit my arm only 3 times outta about 2 dozen time shooting the bow. I hit it because I am turning the arm in and death-gripping the bow. My form as in my body position to the target is great and I know to hold my fist with the trigger right under my ear close to my head. The guy actually pointed it out to me right away why I was hitting my arm and it turns out the pictures of the kills on the way were his. I know its luck of the draw getting someone who actually knows what they are doing in a big box store. If anyone has any tips on how to hold my hand so I remember to keep my arm turned out and elbow a litle bent that would be great. I am hitting the target each try so I think I am not doing badly lol
Old 10-13-2013, 03:16 PM

come on by and we'll get you going

Justin
Old 10-13-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmi07 View Post
I hit my arm only 3 times outta about 2 dozen time shooting the bow. I hit it because I am turning the arm in and death-gripping the bow. My form as in my body position to the target is great and I know to hold my fist with the trigger right under my ear close to my head. The guy actually pointed it out to me right away why I was hitting my arm and it turns out the pictures of the kills on the way were his. I know its luck of the draw getting someone who actually knows what they are doing in a big box store. If anyone has any tips on how to hold my hand so I remember to keep my arm turned out and elbow a litle bent that would be great. am hitting the target each try so I think I am not doing badly lol
On the hand that holds the bow....tuck your ring and pinky finger in towards the riser....that will cause you to naturally turn your elbow out when you draw your bow and eliminate the opportunity to death grip the handle. Once you get used to it, this grip will feel quite comfortable and will become second nature.

LC