Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2019, 02:11 PM

Default Installing iron sights.

Hello, I'm planning to have iron sights installed on one of my old Husky's, and was just wondering what everyone would recommend, if they know anyplace that sells what I'm looking for, and if they could recommend a good gunsmith to do the work. Not interested in putting a peep sight on this rifle, and I've never been a fan of flip down rear sights. I just want a nice set of open sights.

I have a set of Remington irons, which I like, but the front sight is one piece (bead is not dovetailed in) and the rear sight has somewhat limited windage adjustment. I'm worried that unless the smith is right on the money I might not be able to get the sights zeroed.

The rifle the sights are going on once had irons, the front must have been soldered on as there are no screw holes, and the rear sight sat in a dovetail (3/8 ish I think?) that now has a blank installed. So another possibility would be to find a rear sight to fit the dovetail and have the front drilled to accept a sight ramp. Marbles seems to have plenty of options in this regard.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Last edited by Bushleague; 09-09-2019 at 02:34 PM.