Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1 View Post
You *******s who think I don't own the land had never ever get caught on a inch of deeded land here.
Sounds like a threat...I think someone should forward this to the province as evidence of your unsuitability to be a lease holder of the public's land.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:46 AM

Only thing I see in these threads is there is idiots in both the hunter and lease holder camps and it’s giving everyone from both sides a bad name
Old 11-17-2019, 05:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-land-for-sal...ale/1406939273

15 quarters of grazing lease for sale for 400k. 18k a year in oil and gas surface rights. 22 years that would cover your initial payment! How is this even legal for people to rent our crown land and prevent access?
You forgot one thing. The taxes that are payed by the lease holder! And as for the gas and oil rights it’s not getting compensated for oil. It’s the compensation for the land that is lost with the well roads and wells that are on the land.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl View Post
Nobody buys a lease, its a LEASE.
I bet no one that has ever asked for permission and received it has shot a cow or cut a fence. Turning away honest people that ask permission is like throwing a free private security company off the land. All you’ll have in the end is trespassing fools and no good men to call the PoPo when the wolves are at the door.
This is as much as you know! Yes Earl you have to buy a lease, you don’t just go and ask the government for one. And the f#*@tard that shot at the deer with the cows in the background was from the city.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:14 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
So you own the lease land? In the same sense that we all own the lease land or do you own more of the lease land than we do? Please clarify.
Well he cerrtainly has a lot more invested in that lease land then you or I do.

He pays rent on that land and taxes. We pay nothing for any part of it.

He has put in a lot of hard work and money into improving and maintaining it.
We have no part in either.

Does that give him more rights the we have? Apperantly not in some peoples minds.

Yet if the roles were reversed I'd bet 99 out of a 100 hunters would cry foul.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-17-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
Talk to the settlement officer....he will review the lease holders grasping history and act as a mediator. Worked for me this year.
Doesn't work when the settlement officer is friends with the lease holder as i have found out.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:47 AM

If you clowns had any balls you would come and look at my sign in sheets and my phone call lists. I have had plenty of hunters here this year. Yes they are restricted to areas where there are no cattle. Seem to only have a problem with a choice few. You ever think it may be you approach that is getting your access denied? I am done defending myself on this forum but I will continue to defend myself on the ranch. I think after reading some of the responses on here I have a pretty good idea what type of person on several occasions has taken a **** by a gate with a posted sign and left 10 feet of ass wipe there. Just another of many awesome gifts I receive throughout the year. Some of you ****ers will never get it.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:50 AM

Default Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZR View Post
This is as much as you know! Yes Earl you have to buy a lease, you don’t just go and ask the government for one. And the f#*@tard that shot at the deer with the cows in the background was from the city.
You dont read well RZR. Did the shooter have your permission? Did he have that new city smell that gave him away? How much lease land do you care for RZR?
Old 11-17-2019, 06:58 AM

I just figured out who you are Alberta Dave. Yes there was four inches of snow on the ground but if you recall a few days later a rancher was killed in a prairie fire. I am going to change the sign in procedure to accomodate people like you. Now you will have to sign in and out daily that way I can do a daily update of which areas are open to hunting. If you recall the field you wanted to hunt in had 460 cattle in it. You told me there were no cattle in sight. They are not trained bears and dont stand by the road waving at hunters.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
I just figured out who you are Alberta Dave. Yes there was four inches of snow on the ground but if you recall a few days later a rancher was killed in a prairie fire. I am going to change the sign in procedure to accomodate people like you. Now you will have to sign in and out daily that way I can do a daily update of which areas are open to hunting. If you recall the field you wanted to hunt in had 460 cattle in it. You told me there were no cattle in sight. They are not trained bears and dont stand by the road waving at hunters.
No Tim. You're thinking of someone else. The unfortunate incident with the rancher/fire fighter being killed was in October. When I talked to you it was a month later in November. And our discussion never actually got to the point of discussing specific fields, or the presence/absence of cattle. You never let it get to that point because you had already made up your mind to shut down all access before we even spoke.

I suppose you can be forgiven for not remembering our specific conversation where you arbitrarily refused access with no reasonable justification, because I'm sure you have many of them, every year.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D View Post
Quote from somewhere

What right do you have to shut everything down when 1 person leaves a gate open? To me its the cost of doing business...
Lol okay you've obviously never farmed before. If a gate is left open and the cattle get out and someone smashes into one and sues the farmer, that's a huge cost of business. Everyone should know to leave gates as you find them.

Maybe stupid people like yourself are the reason farmers are so reluctant to help hunters..... "just a cost of doing business, I got my buck and your cattle got out, thanks mr farmer! No I won't help you put them back in or help with any maintenance around the ranch, I gotta so process my meat buck!!!!!"
Old 11-17-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
I think that's totally reasonable. Assuming that you will manage it appropriatley and fairly, and make yourself constantly available to sign people in/out, as well as provide updated information on what is open/closed. It does seem like it would be a big time commitment on your part though.

I have a question though Tim. What exactly do you mean by "people like you"?
If you're referring to respectful hunters that honour the rules, close the gates, that keep an eye out for any problems with your cattle/fences etc. (and let you know if they find any), that only want foot access and nothing more, then your new procedure should work perfectly.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Did I vote NDP? Did you really just say that? You into the hillbilly moonshine tonight?

Actually, I think exactly like any responsible land owner should and guess what. You are renting from me... Yes, thats my land. You are just a renter. Seems to me you're the one borrowing/mooching/leeching from society. One of those guys who stands tall and demands the Gov shut their mouth but at the same time make sure the welfare CHQ (in it's many forms) is deposited into your account. (Or in this case paid out with extremely subsidized rent) We have place like that here in Calgary. You know the places. We put welfare recipients/AISH clients up in affordable housing. Kinda like what the gov does with you.

When I say some day, I meaning when obnoxious renters like yourself are thrown out on your ear. It's coming and I don't think you know how quickly...... Changes are in the wind....
Actually you have a few things wrong in this post. One, while you feel the leaseholder rents from you, when has a landlord have the right to to march through a place of business with firearms disrupting said business. When cattle are on the land this is exactly what is happening . Secondly the welfare you speak of is actually payment of damages. Roads , leases . Sump holes, parking lots , popilines. That takes acres out of production. Acres that used to produce pasture, that now are compensated for due to loss of production . Loss of carry capacity of AUMs must be paid for. .
Old 11-17-2019, 08:20 AM
Banned

I think the winers need to go and rent,lease or buy a significant chunk of land and walk a mile . If you pay for something chances are you will take better care of it.
Like paid access. Which I will be looking into.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landowner View Post
Actually you have a few things wrong in this post. One, while you feel the leaseholder rents from you, when has a landlord have the right to to march through a place of business with firearms disrupting said business. When cattle are on the land this is exactly what is happening . Secondly the welfare you speak of is actually payment of damages. Roads , leases . Sump holes, parking lots , popilines. That takes acres out of production. Acres that used to produce pasture, that now are compensated for due to loss of production . Loss of carry capacity of AUMs must be paid for. .
It’s not “welfare” it’s reasonable damages , for loss of production
Old 11-17-2019, 09:04 AM
Banned

Guys bitch about being denied on both private and lease land. There is a small portion of lease land bordering our family land and guy wants to hunt it gets permission but only way to access it is through my land or a couple mile walk down a very old grown in trail I’ve told him he isn’t using my land walk the trail no ones stopping him he’s ****ed about it. Have a guider who keeps asking for permission and gets denied see him drive by everyday now lol
Old 11-17-2019, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl View Post
You dont read well RZR. Did the shooter have your permission? Did he have that new city smell that gave him away? How much lease land do you care for RZR?
That’s what gave the citiot away!
Old 11-17-2019, 09:45 AM

There are rules both parties have to abide by. Neither one can circumvent them and both are required to act in good faith. So what is the problem here?

-Billy Molls
Old 11-17-2019, 10:11 AM

Default Lease

Grazing leases are kind of like trap lines, you cant trap on another trapline, but recreational hunters are permitted and issues are rare unless some deuche breaks into a cabin. But a trapper cant gate his trapline and say no access, because its crown land and they are only guven permission to take the fur. Traplines can be sold, like Leases, and improvements are where the value lies.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:13 AM

This thread is such a disappointing read due to the comments from both sides. Like anything there’s good and bad in every group.

I’m so grateful for the landowners who give me permission every year. They’re great people. One in particular only allows access by foot. That’s fine their land their rules. The generous part about that is that one year the snow was very deep and they felt bad for my senior citizen father with a questionable knee. They went out and plowed a trail to his blind so he didn’t have to struggle through the snow.

Another allows permission to only a select few as he hunts himself. He’s a strict trophy hunter. Last week he had one of his target bucks just a few feet from stepping out of the bush in front of him. Of course a truck came roaring over the hill at that exact time. The land is posted, every year he has fences cut and gates run over. Just last week someone shot a deer from the road and dragged it out under the fence. Frustrating to say the least.

Paid access is not uncommon. I had a coveted elk tag a couple years ago. I talked to a landowner where I knew a good bull was hanging out. He unabashedly wanted a $1500 trespass fee. I politely declined and continued hunting a lease (thanks guys). It was difficult hunting there due to some jack asses pushing the herd around hunting from their truck. Another rancher heard through a friend I was struggling to fill my tag he called me up and offered to take me out on his land and show me around. Unfortunately he was in the wrong zone. My 9 year priority elk tag went unfilled. I’m fine with it, it was one of the best hunts of my life.

My long winded point is post your land all you want it only stops the decent ones. My flip side point is just keep asking different people for permission, you’ll find a generous landowner I’m certain.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZR View Post
That’s what gave the citiot away!
You really need to stop with the citiot crap pal.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlandliver View Post
You really need to stop with the citiot crap pal.
Annoying isn’t it ! My blood boils when that guy posts that crap !!
Old 11-17-2019, 11:53 AM

Sick and tired of the crap I have read on this thread. Suspension given out.

This one is so done.
Closed Thread