Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-16-2020, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post
Did you have to do quite a bit of inletting or does that T3 just drop right in?

I just picked up a NIB T3 Lite Compact and was thinking about a Boyds stock if it turns out to be a shooter (foregone conclusion).
I can’t say, I bought it used but I did have my buddy bed the recoil lug. It was a great shooter and very consistent.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
Type marlinowners.com into your web browser. It should take you right there. It's another forum similar to AO except most members are marlin owners..there's a sub forum for your exact model of rifle. You should be able to ask any question you want and other marlin owners can respond

Ah ha! I thought it was a forum here.
Thanks
Old 01-25-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru297 View Post
I had a XL7 in 270 win for a few years with the plastic stock. I did not like the recoil on it so I added a better recoil pad. I still didn't like the rifle much even though it shot well. I then added a Boyd's thumbhole laminate stock and while it looked a lot nicer it didn't shoot any better and I don't recall it helping with recoil much either.

I eventually sold it as it just sat in my gun cabinet. I really wanted to like it but I did not like the recoil.

Short answer is, no I don't think the laminate stock helped with recoil much but it did come with the cheap (useless) Boyd's recoil pad. With an upgraded recoil pad it probably would have been better as the laminate stock was a fair bit heavier.

Cheers

Thanks for sharing.
I’ve decided to move to an Xbolt 270 so I can be comfortable shooting.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
Hello hunters,

I’m looking at buying a new gun. I currently have a Marlin XL7 30.06 with a composite stock but I don’t like the way it kicks me.
After shooting my brother’s 270WSM I’m sold.

I have the chance to buy a Tikka T3 Lite with the option of a composite stock or a Boyd’s laminate stock. M

I like a light gun for going walking but I’d rather a gun that doesn’t hurt to shoot.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i had a t3 lite laminate stainless in .270 back in the day and did a sheep build and traded the laminate stock for the synthetic stock plus some cash and it was exactly 3/4 lb heavier than the synthetic (12 oz)...not sure what the boyd's will weight but they aren't known to be lightweight by any means so you'll find it more enjoyable to shoot with more weight

hope that helps
Old 02-03-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
i had a t3 lite laminate stainless in .270 back in the day and did a sheep build and traded the laminate stock for the synthetic stock plus some cash and it was exactly 3/4 lb heavier than the synthetic (12 oz)...not sure what the boyd's will weight but they aren't known to be lightweight by any means so you'll find it more enjoyable to shoot with more weight

hope that helps

Thanks Stinky!

I’ve decided to just sell the 30.06 and go with a .270.