Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-01-2022, 03:24 PM

Default Sask New Firearm Act

https://leaderpost.com/news/saskatch...7a6073d2b/amp/

Interesting stuff by Saskatchewan for fighting back against Federal Liberals bill C-21.
Old 12-01-2022, 03:29 PM

Very interesting, anyone confiscating/buying back firearms must be licensed by the province. Trudeau will throw a hissy fit, especially if other provinces follow suit.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:05 PM
Banned

Excellent!
Old 12-01-2022, 04:08 PM

Good news for sure
Old 12-01-2022, 07:09 PM

Default If it was me

If I was in the legislature of Sask. I would put a starting price on the permit at between 100 million and 1 billion dollars.
Old 12-01-2022, 07:48 PM

That is awesome. Well done Sask!
Old 12-01-2022, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearski View Post
That is awesome. Well done Sask!
X2!!
Old 12-01-2022, 10:00 PM

No liberal MPs, their NDP are in shambles, and now they do this, I have to admire Saskatchewan.
Old 12-02-2022, 11:40 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Saskatchewan's Full New Firearms Act:

https://firearmrights.ca/wp-content/...n-Firearms.pdf
Old 12-02-2022, 05:06 PM

With the huge backlog of PALs, RPALs, handgun transfers etc. facing the CFOs these days I would think it could be years before the Sask CFO would be able to get around to processing applications for these new licenses.

Fantastic.

Old 12-02-2022, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270WIN View Post
With the huge backlog of PALs, RPALs, handgun transfers etc. facing the CFOs these days I would think it could be years before the Sask CFO would be able to get around to processing applications for these new licenses.

Fantastic.

And I'm bettin' it won't be a priority either.
Good on Sask.
We can do it here too and more. I believe Danielle is willing but we need to give her a chance. We need to say "**** on" the media and all their criticism of her and elect a majority UCP government when election time comes. If we don't, we can kiss goodbye Alberta and our guns.
Old 12-03-2022, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
If I was in the legislature of Sask. I would put a starting price on the permit at between 100 million and 1 billion dollars.
Why? Happy socks has shown that there is no limit to the amount of our money that he will throw at something he wants. I'm guessing they borrowed a part from the libs play book and will refuse to issue the permit just as the feds stopped issuing import permits for guns
Old 12-03-2022, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeHunter View Post
Why? Happy socks has shown that there is no limit to the amount of our money that he will throw at something he wants. I'm guessing they borrowed a part from the libs play book and will refuse to issue the permit just as the feds stopped issuing import permits for guns
Saskatchewan should ignore any applications for a year, then ask for more information, then after another year, tell them that the fee is changed, and they need to redo the payment. In other words, let Trudeau and his mafia experience what many people are experiencing when applying for a PAL.
Old 12-03-2022, 07:41 AM
Shooting Xs

I'm certain the UCP/ Ab. CFO's office will be announcing similar measures shortly, considering all the funding allocated for extra staffing and training over the next few years.
My assumption would be that both Provinces are looking at the Feds to do some level of buy back or confiscation program and these proposed measures will at least mitigate or allow supervision, if in fact it happens.

The question is whether the firearms listed in the G4 amendment attached to C-21 will be included in said buyback, technically, since it's in Legislation making them prohibited, the Feds can side skirt property rights in the Charter.
In other words they can confiscate with out remuneration required, if I understand correctly. The other concern with G4 is the wording on variants or "evergreening" it leaves a lot open to interpretation.

This is where the Provinces can step in if need be, along with other actions mentioned.
Just my thoughts on the subject.

Last edited by DLab; 12-03-2022 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLab View Post
I'm certain the UCP/ Ab. CFO's office will be announcing similar measures shortly, considering all the funding allocated for extra staffing and training over the next few years.
My assumption would be that both Provinces are looking at the Feds to do some level of buy back or confiscation program and these proposed measures will at least mitigate or allow supervision, if in fact it happens.

The question is whether the firearms listed in the G4 amendment attached to C-21 will be included in said buyback, technically, since it's in Legislation making them prohibited, the Feds can side skirt property rights in the Charter.
In other words they can confiscate with out remuneration required, if I understand correctly. The other concern with G4 is the wording on variants or "evergreening" it leaves a lot open to interpretation.

This is where the Provinces can step in if need be, along with other actions mentioned.
Just my thoughts on the subject.
I suppose the other thing the provinces could do, is to implement a fee for each firearm confiscated, which coincidentally matches the value of each firearm. Then return the fee to the person that the firearm was confiscated from. While the provinces can't outright refuse to comply, they could make it difficult for the liberals.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:34 AM

I just deleted 18 posts of this thread that were a blatant derail. Some of you are experts at this and it’s getting old. Go read the rules before posting anywhere on this forum again.
Old 12-03-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
I just deleted 18 posts of this thread that were a blatant derail. Some of you are experts at this and it’s getting old. Go read the rules before posting anywhere on this forum again.
Pretty hard to divorce the gun confiscation program from politics since it is politics which is driving the whole thing.
Old 12-05-2022, 01:00 AM

Fantastic Saskatchewan, well done!
Old 12-05-2022, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/1911 View Post
Fantastic Saskatchewan, well done!
Have a look at the sections dealing with all the rules the licensed "seizure agents" will have to follow with respect to such things as how seizures are
carried out, transportation of seized guns, storage of same etc.
Absolutely brilliant!
Old 12-05-2022, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270WIN View Post
Have a look at the sections dealing with all the rules the licensed "seizure agents" will have to follow with respect to such things as how seizures are
carried out, transportation of seized guns, storage of same etc.
Absolutely brilliant!
I may have missed it but the section stating safe storage requirements for seized firearms could easily be avoided by seizure agents ,by transporting seized firearms out of the province. They need to amend this law to prohibit any seized firearms form leaving the Province of Saskatchewan
Old 12-05-2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I may have missed it but the section stating safe storage requirements for seized firearms could easily be avoided by seizure agents ,by transporting seized firearms out of the province. They need to amend this law to prohibit any seized firearms form leaving the Province of Saskatchewan
Yeah. I can't see where they have to store them in Sask either and so maybe an amendment as you suggest would be necessary. Even as it is, however, it looks like they would still have to store them in a facility which is in compliance with the Sask rules for at least 45 days, and would have to transport them there no more than 3 guns at at time with at least two people in the vehicle and never leave them unattended in the vehicle for more than 30 minutes. Could be rather onerous i would say. Also, based on what we have heard from Alberta and Manitoba so far, it seems unlikely that either of those two provinces would be very cooperative in providing storage facilities so they would have to be moved at least as far as either BC or Ontario.
I certainly haven't read the entire act and I'm no lawyer so maybe there are other things they could do to make the seizures easier but it does appear that Sask is not going out of it's way to make it so.

Last edited by 270WIN; 12-05-2022 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-05-2022, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Good point!
Old 12-05-2022, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross Eyed Cowboy View Post
Good point!
I agree
Old 12-05-2022, 04:47 PM

I see Premier Smith has announced an Alberta firearms act will be coming in the spring
Old 12-05-2022, 05:38 PM
Banned

I'm not a dipper and hate what the federal NDP are doing in lockstep with the libtards to this country. That being said, I recieved an email from Jagmeet stating how they arent in step was the following:
"Thank you for writing to share your views regarding the recently proposed amendments to Bill C-21.
Since the Liberals introduced this last-minute change to their firearms bill — introduced without New Democrats knowledge or consent — many hunters have raised concerns regarding the potential impact of these changes. We are taking these concerns very seriously and are pressing the government for clarity on how this will impact hunters.

The goal of this legislation was to get dangerous handguns off our streets, not criminalize hunters. Again, we will continue to press the Liberals to ensure that hunters, farmers, and Indigenous people are not targeted by these changes.

What's more, we will not support amendments to the Bill that ban guns primarily used for hunting or protecting farm animals from predators. We will not support amendments to the Bill that do not respect treaty rights and the rights of Indigenous people.

There is still time to do this right and you can rest assured that your concerns will inform our actions on this important legislation."
My responce was this..
You *******s have backed the worst prime minister Canada has ever seen! You’ve turned your collective backs of the working poor. For what? You’ve followed Trudeau into the realm of failure. I sincerely hope when the next election rolls around we’ll finally see the chickens come home to roost. Your foolish reign will come to an end soon, and as far as I’m concerned, not soon enough!
Old 12-05-2022, 05:44 PM

I do not trust the provincial firearms offices as they are nothing more than extensions of the CFC and operate under federal authority. These offices act as an additional level of administration and do not really give the provinces any real autonomy in relation to firearms. That said, I do hope that the provincial leaders and the Chiefs of various law enforcement agencies step up to challenge the federal government on their nonsense.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
I see Premier Smith has announced an Alberta firearms act will be coming in the spring
And that is something to look forward to.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
I'm not a dipper and hate what the federal NDP are doing in lockstep with the libtards to this country. That being said, I recieved an email from Jagmeet stating how they arent in step was the following:
"Thank you for writing to share your views regarding the recently proposed amendments to Bill C-21.
Since the Liberals introduced this last-minute change to their firearms bill — introduced without New Democrats knowledge or consent — many hunters have raised concerns regarding the potential impact of these changes. We are taking these concerns very seriously and are pressing the government for clarity on how this will impact hunters.

The goal of this legislation was to get dangerous handguns off our streets, not criminalize hunters. Again, we will continue to press the Liberals to ensure that hunters, farmers, and Indigenous people are not targeted by these changes.

What's more, we will not support amendments to the Bill that ban guns primarily used for hunting or protecting farm animals from predators. We will not support amendments to the Bill that do not respect treaty rights and the rights of Indigenous people.

There is still time to do this right and you can rest assured that your concerns will inform our actions on this important legislation."
My responce was this..
You *******s have backed the worst prime minister Canada has ever seen! You’ve turned your collective backs of the working poor. For what? You’ve followed Trudeau into the realm of failure. I sincerely hope when the next election rolls around we’ll finally see the chickens come home to roost. Your foolish reign will come to an end soon, and as far as I’m concerned, not soon enough!
Excellent response trooper. My thoughts exactly.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info jungleboy. Glad to hear that.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post

My responce was this..
Exactly! Singh is putting on an act, pretending to be concerned about hunters and law abiding firearms owners, but when it comes time to vote, the ndp will support whatever legislation the liberals propose.