Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Sponsors > Sponsor Forums > Prophet River Firearms

Old 07-28-2022, 12:36 PM
AO Sponsor

Default No More Handguns from Stoeger includes Beretta Uberti Manurhin

Statement from Stoeger (July 26 2022)

Due to pending government regulation, all existing handgun/revolver inventory has been committed and we are otherwise sold out.

Furthermore, based on the aforementioned, Stoeger Canada will not import additional quantities at this time.
As a result, with no possibility of fulfillment, we are in the process of cancelling all dealer backorders.

---

C: The first to throw in the towel.

P: The first to publicly say they have no more incoming.

---

C: Are Taylors and Company not coming in as well then?

P: We import direct from them and we will continue to do so as long as we can.

---

Not sure how this could be taken as a slight against Stoeger as a couple people have done on this thread. These guns come in from other countries and in huge quantities but weeks or months apart. They cannot be at risk of having millions in dead inventory. Stoeger is not in any way making a statement about handguns. Please don't think they should be punished by the community for this. It is a decision based on timing of shipments and forced by the Liberal government. They don't want to cease selling handguns. Many distributors have ceased importing from some manufactures based on timing too, they just haven't made it public yet.

---

C: Good on you guys! Absolutely top notch show you run. It’s a risk on your part potentially and you choose to take it. That supports us shooters to get it while we can. Top notch!

P: It is easier for us as we can bring 50 or so at a time, not hundreds or thousands. We can but from their in stock inventory and sell as soon as we secure them.

---

C: Browning sent this same notice out quite some time ago. Can't fault them. There is no inventory in the US, and timeframes from Japan are too long. They have no reasonable alternatives.

P: Exactly- if anybody is thinking this is our distributors turning on us, they are plain wrong. They have no other viable choice.

---

C: Remember what? Odds are Stoeger is probably still sitting on dead inventory from the OIC. As mentioned above, why in the world would they play chicken with the current unpredictable government of Canada. Every dealing I've had with stoeger has been great. Who knows how many kicks in the pants they can take before they close up shop. Would rather have Stoeger around than not.

P: It makes no sense to me how some posters are angry with Stoeger. This is a business decision, not a slight to gun owners or a political statement of any type. They sent this notification so their dealers and customers can plan ahead. If there was a way they could have product here in time to have it sold and transferred, I'm confident they would have done it. All distributors are doing their best without incurring more than acceptable risk. I'm thankful to Stoeger for this advanced warning so we can plan and work with what we know ; I hope other distributors will do the same as they receive their final shipments (final, for now?). It is never nice to see some members of this community turning on another member- in this case a distributor who has always been great to work with and a supporter of our business and hobbies.
- Clay

---