Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 09-28-2009, 04:56 PM

Default Beaver & Coyote Skins/Furs

Hi All,

A friend of mine has asked me to clear some problem beaver and coyote off his farmland near Wabamum and I'm wondering if there is anyone in the area that would be interested in the animals after I shoot them. I have no experience nor desire to skin them myself so you would have to pick up the carcasses fairly quickly afterwards.

If nobody is interested would someone suggest a good method of disposing of the animals afterwards as I don't want to just leave carcasses lying around my friends property.

Thanks for your help!

Chris
Old 09-28-2009, 08:50 PM

KEEP the beaver there excellent table fair and not to hard to clean just gut them out skin and cut some steaks mmmmmmmmmmmmm my mouth is watering. Watever you do dont let anyone know whats on the table untill after dinner is finished the look of surprize and appreciation will be priceless
Old 09-28-2009, 09:18 PM

depending on how many beaver an coyote ya get i can probaly come pick them up, but gotta be a decent haul to drive, talk to outfitters for beavers or hunters as they use thm for bear bait plus the castor is in high demand still as far as i know
Old 09-30-2009, 11:05 PM

Red face

From what I heard today, Hutterites take (and pay for) coyote and beaver, and you dont have to clean skin them.* Dont know if this is 100% accurate, but I am taking the word of a good friend who has shot many a coyote and sold them to the Hutterites.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:51 PM

and i'd report every one with no liscense. ask to see their papers to buy raw furs i'd love to hear that story.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxcore View Post
KEEP the beaver there excellent table fair and not to hard to clean just gut them out skin and cut some steaks mmmmmmmmmmmmm my mouth is watering. Watever you do dont let anyone know whats on the table untill after dinner is finished the look of surprize and appreciation will be priceless
Sorry but a beaver is a giant rodent that I want no part in cooking and eating one. I figure I would have to be lost in the bush for a week with no food before I was insane enough to consider such a desperate measure. The only thing worse would be a muskrat.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:49 AM

i took the trapping course 2 years ago and loved it and have 'recreational trappers licence', but being a cityboy have no chance/opportunity to be involved with this awesome pasttime.
if u could, i would love to come out with you, ill do all the work?, just to get an opportunity to be part of this, also if there is room for my 11 year old son? if not is ok i do it anyway.
i never hunted in my life, lots of fishing but would like to try trapping, especially beaver