Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 07-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Default NAFA September Sale Cancelled

September 2009 Sale Cancelled

Due to limited quantities of fresh product, North American Fur Auctions has decided not to hold a September sale.

All the unsold wild fur and mink that we are presently holding are available by Private Treaty.

This includes approximately 70,000 ranch mink, 30,000 coyotes, 240,000 raccoons.

For Private Treaty Enquiries please contact Oscar Carbonell, Iain Dunbar or Steve Gamblin at tel: 416.675.9320, fax: 416.675.6865, email: sales@nafa.ca or see our web site at www.nafa.ca for the Private Treaty Catalogue (You must be a registered buyer with NAFA)
NAFA wishes you a safe and enjoyable summer.

Here is the link to the press release: http://www.nafa.ca/auction/2009-09_A...2009-07-27.pdf

Old 07-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Banned

Big time bummer -- but still to early to read anything into it. IMO
What will this do to any of your plans for the up coming season - or not ??
Let's get a few opinions on this subject..
Thanks Rob for the "headsup"..
Old 07-29-2009, 04:56 PM

I believe they're scared to have a low sale early in the season. Publish low prices and it'll keep trappers out of the bush. Private sales the price is hidden
Old 08-11-2009, 11:36 PM

Looks like the fur market will once again be a rotten stinking sewer jobbie!

EH???
Old 08-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Banned

I was thinking of trapping a few rats this year. I haven't done it for many years. I would hope that the fur market does not get in trouble more than it is.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Banned

I think rats were going for about 2-3$, so you shouldn't have a lot of competition this year. Have fun, that's about all there is in it now..
Old 08-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough doug View Post
Have fun, that's about all there is in it now..
And that is an absolute shame.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:22 PM

The good news is, this time around our low prices reflect a global economic crisis, and are not as a result of a market campaign e.g seal products. As the economy improves so should prices. I'll continue to keep on managing my line regardless. Outlook isn't so bad for martens either.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:13 AM
redgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bildson View Post
The good news is, this time around our low prices reflect a global economic crisis, and are not as a result of a market campaign e.g seal products. As the economy improves so should prices. I'll continue to keep on managing my line regardless. Outlook isn't so bad for martens either.
[COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Although I agree the World economic meltdown has contributed to low prices, so have the anti campaigns contributed significantly ......the recession may stop but the campaigns will intensify. (If you listened to our keynote speaker Sat. at the Rendezvous). Brian what have you heard about the marten for this year that makes the outlook reasonable? I don't think there are too many trappers I know that aren't going to continue to manage their lines, it goes with the responsibility of having one.[/COLOR]
Old 08-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Banned

Hi there Red, I was starting to get a bit concerned about your well being, due to the fact that I hadn't heard from you since the convention.. I was starting to think that possibly , well you know , ---t happens and I thought it maybe happened to you. I've got to landline you one of these evenings when you're home.. Take care, Glad to hear that your arm has mended..
Old 08-21-2009, 08:29 AM
redgreen

Default Good to hear from you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough doug View Post
Hi there Red, I was starting to get a bit concerned about your well being, due to the fact that I hadn't heard from you since the convention.. I was starting to think that possibly , well you know , ---t happens and I thought it maybe happened to you. I've got to landline you one of these evenings when you're home.. Take care, Glad to hear that your arm has mended..

Hi Doug, good to hear from you!! I've been offline for a bit. The wife and I went up and built a cabin at the far Northwest extrmity of our line and we will be starting to trap there beginning December, then move down to the South part in February for the rest of the season, concentrating on wolves. We are in and out of the house but mostly out and are leaving today for a few days of trail clearing. Started a new business a while ago and am just in the throws of selling the machines and contracts which will then give me a full time trapping/fishing/hunting career. I sure hope you can attend the AGM in Sept.. It would be great if we get an agenda etc. before the meeting. I'll pm you in a couple days...take care....Red.