Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-03-2015, 12:48 PM

Default Cutbank River

I was reading the regs online, and didn't see the limits for the Cutbank river south of GP. Would it be a tributary of the Smoky?

Thanks
Old 02-03-2015, 01:50 PM

Hello

Seems it would fall under this one in ES4, since the Cutbank flows into the Smoky US of Hwy 43. There are grayling in there but not sure how good the fishing is.

Smoky River
from headwaters downstream to Hwy 43 (formerly Hwy 34) & tributaries except Kakwa River and Muskeg River
June 1 to Aug. 31 – Trout and Arctic Grayling limit 2, Arctic Grayling over 35 cm; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Walleye limit 3 over 50 cm; Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Bait Ban.
Sept. 1 to Oct. 31 – Trout, Arctic Grayling and Mountain Whitefish limit 0; Walleye limit 3 over 50 cm; Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Bait Ban
Nov. 1 to May 31 – CLOSED
Old 02-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Banned

Ya falls under smoky trib

Fishing isn't to good in the Cutbank unless you go way upstream to Nose mountain area. Access is next to nothing. But some beautiful pools full of greyling, Bulls and further up brook trout are there.

SO MANY GRIZZLIES!
Old 02-03-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadeer View Post
Ya falls under smoky trib

Fishing isn't to good in the Cutbank unless you go way upstream to Nose mountain area. Access is next to nothing. But some beautiful pools full of greyling, Bulls and further up brook trout are there.

SO MANY GRIZZLIES!
Thanks, I spend a lot of time hunting along the river, I'm just kind of making a come back to fishing after 20 yrs off. I started to read the regs, make sure I know them well before the season.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st99 View Post
Thanks, I spend a lot of time hunting along the river, I'm just kind of making a come back to fishing after 20 yrs off. I started to read the regs, make sure I know them well before the season.
Cool. I've been there only in the winter for work. Beautiful though!
Old 02-04-2015, 07:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by st99 View Post
What areas do you access for hunting? You can PM me if you'd like. There's a couple roads off Nose that get you into the valley where the fishing is decent.