Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2018, 09:02 AM

Default That’s like blaming a mass murder on video games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly 12 View Post
I think that closer shots are more doable and ethical. At longer distances you have a higher percentage of missing or wounding without the chance of a follow up shot 150 opposed to 850. Tv has led some down the wrong path, there wouldn't be this huge craze of extreme everything if there was no posting and bragging. It should be fathers teach your children to hunt, not watch some program and think that's easy. There is something to be said about the modest person who does it for the love of it, and not for the posting fame. That's my oppinion.
So your saying that nobody should post a picture of a big animal on AO because there just bragging?
You know anyone can just pop in to this forum also, just as easy as Facebook.
I think if people take shots that they haven’t practised and do not know they can make it’s irresponsible. It is the person that is shooting that is at fault not a TV shows fault. It’s called ignorance.
If they don’t know their limits that’s not because of a TV show it’s because they don’t practice to find out their effective range.
Last year I pulled my antelope tag after 14 years and didn’t want to miss out from not being prepared so I spent a lot of time at the range practicing and hand loading. Trying to hit the windiest days and studying wind charts I found my effective range was 500 yards. I ended up shooting my antelope at 164 yards but I was fully confident in shooting him at 500.
Don’t worry I will not post any pics because it offends you.