Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-13-2009, 10:53 PM

Default This weekend

Several coming for the weekend and some sooner from what I understand. I will be there from this Wednesday to next Wednesday so come join us all......
Old 07-13-2009, 10:54 PM

i'm sure a few of us will be out there saturday, depending on what time you show up, if it's evening alot of us may be holding up the sides of the trailers by then..lol
Old 07-13-2009, 11:07 PM

Default need to camcel-Mom admitted to hospital with

maligmant brain tumor-sorry to miss this but am sure you understand.
t
Old 07-14-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyflyfish View Post
maligmant brain tumor-sorry to miss this but am sure you understand.
t
Sry to hear that. She will be in our prayers. Will see you the next time

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 07-14-2009, 09:38 AM

Ok I will bring down some corn on the cob and ribs for a pot luck typ thing. I believe there is a pot there or we can just fire roast em. I will do buns as well.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:40 AM

I'm out all together as well. Really hate to do that but my company isn't coming until Saturday afternoon now, and staying the night. As they are close friends from a long way away....we won't be able to make it. I would come down Friday night, but have to play hockey. Will be fishing Sunday though, likely down to Travers later in the afternoon.

Sorry, Chris
Old 07-14-2009, 09:59 AM

Tony, our thoughts and prayers are with you. We will catch you again when the time is right.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:27 PM

Default Pcr

Wife and I thought we would check it out today, and Im glad we did. beautiful little campground, and lots of fish. Decided to try my microlight rod and reel with 4 pound, since the eyes are small. they fight like a monster on that gear. last cast hooked into at LEAST a 10 pound pike, got it to the top once and got to see it, but 4 pound line and no wire leader it just wasnt in the cards to land it, but at least 5 minutes of huge fight, what a blast that was! heading back Wednesday morning first light to spend the rest of the week. Taking a tent, so we should have space in our campsite for someone else too if needed. Silver Nissan 4x4, big "ship" eating grin on my face if I get that pike again, with a leader next time! Got to meet Baitcaster too, very nice lady and a good fisher person too! See you all this weekend. Taking some fresh garden veggies and stuff for the chili, so count us in. If you are down early look us up and say hi. Taking a dinghy too because I am thinking the little dock is going to be pretty crowded. You should be able to get plenty from shore too from what I saw, the weekend is going to be a lot of fun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PCR walleye1.jpg (18.0 KB, 40 views)

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich

Last edited by WayneChristie; 07-14-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:53 PM

Default couple more things

the registration station says 20 dollars a night per unit, thats 20 for each unit on a site, so 40 a night for 2 tents or whatever. also, if you need gas, in Stavely theres a GasPlus self pump station, price Tuesday was 88.9 a litre, 10 cents cheaper than my neck of the woods. need a card or debit to use it tho.
The woodworking shop on the corner in town also had a sign saying free firewood, scrap I imagine, but free is free.
IM from corn country, but its not ready yet, if someone wants to bring a bunch I will chip in for the cost, wont be passing any stores on my way tomorrow morning.
Wayne

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-14-2009, 09:04 PM

Well I myself Also has to pull out , Got my buddys wedding that I almost forgot about to attend . I was reminded late last night . Anyway hope its fun and maybe if it all works out do another in August .
Old 07-14-2009, 09:14 PM

Good to hear everyone is pumped up. I have a Bison roast , some ribs and buns. I don't have a prob grabing some corn as well , just not sure how much.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:15 PM

Default This weekend

Well trailer is loaded and hooked up, boat is ready on the other truck as well. heading out after breakfast tomorrow morning. I will be easy to spot with my outdoorsmen trailer (buffalo on front) Green chev and black f150 trucks. On the water with my baby blue fibreglass boat as well. If anyone wants to join to fish my FIL partner broke his reeling wrist this week so would love some company if anyone would like to fish with a PCR veteran and catch oodles of fish. I usually trool for pike and jig walleyes.
See you all there if there is nothing else and no more posts.
I will have my cell phone on in the mornings after 8 for a couple hours and the same after supper. If anyone needs to check on anything give me a ring.
Phone is 403-831-5568.

Ken
Old 07-14-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
Good to hear everyone is pumped up. I have a Bison roast , some ribs and buns. I don't have a prob grabing some corn as well , just not sure how much.
Are we in the regular campground? Can't wait!!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:19 PM

Default Yes

Campground beside the dock.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:23 PM

Default water

dont know if everyone knows, the water in the taps in the campground is posted, "not safe for drinking" so bring something else to drink,or water I guess

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 07-14-2009, 09:26 PM

Default Water

Water is pumped in straight out of the lake and not treated. I carry full trailer and 4 extra jugs of city water. When more required they have treated water available at the campground in Stavely. I will probably have to do that by next week sometime. You can also bring the other type of fluids as well.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:28 PM

JTS I just dug up some fresh spuds to go with that roast and corn. see you there

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 07-14-2009, 11:28 PM

Definately excited to catch some fish this weekend! I am running a white GMC one ton diesel, green flatback canoe, and blue and white tent trailer.

Jts1, since Mustang is out, do I need to reserve a site?

Anyone catching ling in PCR this time of year?
Old 07-15-2009, 12:05 AM

Default Trying to cancel prior comitments

well looks like there will be a a crowd out on the weekend i'm hoping to cancel a couple things i had planned on the weekend, if all goes well i will know by thursday if i'm heading down. i have a camper on my truck, i work till 4pm on friday i hope i could find a spot or arrange for a spot before heading down there, i was only at pine coulee once with my drift boat it snowed and the wind was so strong i couldn't row off the shore...i have since picked up a 55lb electric after that experience ha ha.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:50 AM

heading out as we speak, see you all there. I may save you that pike and just go for a bigger one Baitfisher

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 07-15-2009, 07:41 AM

yer gonna be fightin me for him again today......lol
Old 07-15-2009, 08:15 AM

Default Att.. Campers

So up to now with some backing out. I have Fisherman guy , Michelle , and myself that need a site. Have not heard from flygirl. The rest are not sure on arrival or if they are staying. But we can fit them in on 1 of the three sites. Everyone is aware of cost if sites are booked Thurs ? 60$$ till Sunday. I have a tent for mine but but my other tent missing poles. Sry short notice but may I grab1 from you guys tonight. Will be Cochrane most of the day. Give me a shout 4035542621

Old 07-15-2009, 08:49 AM
lovetheoutdoors

I was wondering if anyone can come out to this gathering... I read it in the General Discussion and was hoping it wasn;t to late to come out... I think a few others may want to come out but think it is too late??
Old 07-15-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetheoutdoors View Post
I was wondering if anyone can come out to this gathering... I read it in the General Discussion and was hoping it wasn;t to late to come out... I think a few others may want to come out but think it is too late??
Never 2 late ANY AND ALL MEMBERS come on out. Just let us know anytime drop a pm , post here or give me a call

Old 07-15-2009, 09:01 AM
lovetheoutdoors

Just checked with the hubby and he can't get the weekend off
Oh well, do you guys do these regularly?
Old 07-15-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetheoutdoors View Post
Just checked with the hubby and he can't get the weekend off
Oh well, do you guys do these regularly?
x2...the gf and i would like to come out for the next one (if there is a 'next one')

Calgary based car club Boosted Alberta - http://www.boostedalberta.com/booste...rums/index.php

Calgary based offroad/import 4x4 club -http://www.cn4xc.com
Old 07-15-2009, 10:01 AM

Are the pike hard to catch in PCR? I am wanting to fish for pike and probably heading to pine lake but if you can catch a lot of pike in PCR it might be going to PCR so I can meet everyone.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:47 AM

am having some engine troubles at the moment, see what I can do get it up and running. so far it is a 50/50 I will be there for sat fishing

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:29 PM

Heading down tomorrow Morning, bringing my nephew whom I havnt seen for a year with me. Should be loads of fun. Cant wait to meet all you guys. Im in a tent with the 08 seirra and a 14 ft Lund boat... Ya hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:38 PM

I'll be pulling in on late Sat. morning with the white Ford F-150 and a grey 16 ft. fishing boat. I'm travelling by myself so if anyone needs a ride, I don't mind a co-pilot. Actually would prefer it since I've never been to PCR and would love a navigator!

Bringing some firewood, the turkey fryer for the corn and a Coleman stove. A tent and some whiskeys...all will be well.

If anyone is down there and forgets something, give me a call on the cell and I'll bring it down: 403 813-9913.

Does anyone have a big-arse cast iron pan for a fish fry? that would work great with the burner from the turkey fryer.