Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-04-2017, 09:32 PM

Default Pine Coulee Dead

Been out to pine coulee twice within a week and both days were absolutely dead for fishing. Only caught 2 fish between both days. One day was sunny and nice the other day was overcast and cooler. Ive been out there before many times before and pulled over 100 fish into the boat in a day. Anyone else notice this?

Lethal Prostaff Member
Canadian Waterfowl Prostaff Member
Sillosock Prostaff Member
Pure Gold Chokes Prostaff Member
Lynch Mob Calls Prostaff Member
Wolverine Guns and Tackle
Old 06-04-2017, 09:36 PM

Do a search on PCR.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapshooter View Post
Been out to pine coulee twice within a week and both days were absolutely dead for fishing. Only caught 2 fish between both days. One day was sunny and nice the other day was overcast and cooler. Ive been out there before many times before and pulled over 100 fish into the boat in a day. Anyone else notice this?
No problems getting a limit from shore. Fish fry a week.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:07 PM

Or it's already getting fished out, Which wouldn't surprise me, considering the stories I have been hearing of 100+ vehicles there. Many of the same people back every day keeping there limit, and some days leaving only to comeback an hour later and keep there limit again. It doesn't take long......
Old 06-05-2017, 09:41 AM

No one is quickly catching a limit going home and coming back or hiding them somewhere. The fishing has been tough so far. The spawn if you can call it that was quite late.

We were catching males that still had milk in them the last few weeks of May. I have been out several times and cannot help but notice the shore fishermen are becoming less and less.

You will not "empty" the lake of walleye by fishing from the shore close to where you can park. Not going to happen. And if it does it will take several years for sure.

In the meantime I have enjoyed the challenge of finding and catching the weary eye's and look forward to more of the same.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:01 AM

I was out on PCR weekend before this last one. Didn't get a bite, but it was later in the morning, pretty hot, and I could see plenty of fish on the fish finder, so figured it was just me and what I was doing or not doing. Definitely saw a ton of fish on the screen.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:29 AM

Maybe they are smartening up since their brothers and sisters are going missing now.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:32 AM

Was out twice last week. Found the bite had picked up and fishing was steady. Lots of eyes and a few pike, one was decent ~5 lbs.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:43 AM

No way it's fished out yet.
My advise: locate with a bottom bounced rig. After you catch one, anchor and pound away with a jig and minnow.
If you don't know how to rig up a slip bobber, you are missing out
Old 06-05-2017, 12:19 PM

Seems to be a bit hit and miss. Was out on Saturday with the kids only caught one small walleye between 4 of us. Granted with young kids my attention was more on them then on actually fishing.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encephalophagous View Post
Seems to be a bit hit and miss. Was out on Saturday with the kids only caught one small walleye between 4 of us. Granted with young kids my attention was more on them then on actually fishing.
Just have to locate some active fish, I was out Saturday and boated 40 or so before noon. Got off the water before all the wakeboarders were launching which was nice. Had another boat pull up near me and they did well to.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:34 PM

water is kinda high so ya gotta cast farther than usual but if you know where the secret spots are you can get'em easily.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:01 PM

Was out today. Never seen so many people around a lake in my life. There with 3 kids and my friend but only caught 5 in 8 hours. Nobody on our side caught a thing the whole time we were there. Not sure if it's fished out yet but for sure the slowest day I have ever had. Maybe it will pick up in a month or so.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:02 PM

Was out for about 4 hours yesterday from 1-5pm. Spent most of the day looking for fish - saw lots on the finder but had zero bites. At about 4pm, I found a good hole and they turned on for about 30 mins. Landed 10 walleye and 4 pike.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:53 AM

I was out last Friday (June 09th) and we limited out very fast; just from shore. Now I am a catch and release guy so everything is back into the water.

As for the crowds, four vehicles pulled up where we were and 13 people got out.....All 13 were setting up pickerel rigs.

I have not seen/caught any big pike yet. I know they are in there.

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.