Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-03-2019, 05:23 PM

Default Sirius XM Renewal

Anyone renewed lately and got a decent rate? Something better then the $225 a year they offered in my email notice would be nice.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Banned

Ppl actually pay for it? Lol I always make delearship pay for it for life when I buy a vehicle
Old 02-03-2019, 05:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topwater View Post
Anyone renewed lately and got a decent rate? Something better then the $225 a year they offered in my email notice would be nice.
Call them up and tell them you are cancelling, due to iHeart radio etc etc. We got renewed for $90 for the year. I've been paying the full price for many years
Call them it works
Old 02-03-2019, 05:37 PM

Wait till about 4 days before expire to do the above.

When you phone, they have an option “ if you want to cancel press 2”

Do it, say you have to cancel as you can’t afford it. If they don’t offer you a better option right away, ask if there is a lesser package or something. They can do.

Got mine for 120.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:41 PM

Call them and quote the promo code “getsxm60”. I think it’s still valid and will get u a year for $60 plus taxes. If that code isn’t valid, just do a search and another code should easily be found for the same price.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:46 PM

They give me 6 months for $30 every time. When they say that promotion is over, I say ok cancel my radio's then. They extend it 6 months.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-03-2019, 07:03 PM

They are going to have to start giving it away for free, and making their money on advertising like regular radio does.
Otherwise I think their days are numbered.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:03 PM

Like others have said, call and cancel if they want you pay anything over 120 for the top package “all access” . The trick is you have to call around the day before your contract expires or they ding your credit card on an automatic renewal at full price. Then your stuck with it like that. I just set an alert on my IPhone calendar for each vehicle on a yearly timer.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:14 PM

$258 with taxes and fees. I’m gonna phone them tomorrow and try for the $60 a year promos floating around the web
Old 02-03-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pickereled View Post
Like others have said, call and cancel if they want you pay anything over 120 for the top package “all access” . The trick is you have to call around the day before your contract expires or they ding your credit card on an automatic renewal at full price. Then your stuck with it like that. I just set an alert on my IPhone calendar for each vehicle on a yearly timer.
That's why they don't have my cc info, and I don't let them auto renew. I just ignore them for about 3 months after renewal date, then call and tell them to cancel as their rate is too high. Then they give you a deal. I pay with online banking, bill payments, it's simple and they can't keep renewing at high rates. This way I also get 15 months for a yearly rate. If they don't like it they can shut it off the day it expires.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-03-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pickereled View Post
Bah I let the 260 charge that shows up on the visa let me know my subscription expired. Then I can I say I didnt sign anything to allow them to auto charge and if they dont refund I'll contact visa. Works everytime.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
They give me 6 months for $30 every time. When they say that promotion is over, I say ok cancel my radio's then. They extend it 6 months.
Ive been doing this for years! It's worth negotiating for everything.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:38 AM

I was a subscriber for 10 years. Called last summer to cancel both vehicle subscriptions due to not using them much anymore. After saying no a couple times last offer was $40 or so per radio for the year. It was tempting but we don’t use them. Canceled. Was an eye opener though after paying $180 plus a year for so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2019, 08:02 AM

Canceled mine this year ,had three radios on it
Been out of work for 3.5 years now
Bills just keep piling up, burning up my savings now
Old 02-04-2019, 08:10 AM

Glad others deal with this garbage! Just cancelled this year because I cannot deal with a company like this. They clearly understand the service is worth approx 100$ a year because they will go to that price with very little hassle. But I NEED to call in and negotiate?! I told them straight up, auto renew at 100 and I will keep both vehicles. Nope. Okay cancel both I can’t deal with the negotiations anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk